• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Are you still playing?

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I play on and off with one of my friends from college who also had the game, but besides that I haven't played normally since the first 2 months the game came out. It was a fun game, but I've just lost interest after I beat it and found the majority of the mega stones.

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
    Years
  • I finished the story and the Delta Episode, and that's about it. I started making a team to have a go at the Elite Four again, but the grind was boring and a bit difficult since there's not really any places for me to train my Pokemon to get up to those higher levels that the E4 is now at. n_n There's Secret Bases, but a lot of them have significantly higher leveled Pokemon than my own.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • I'm breeding for shinies in Alpha Sapphire and doing an Egglocke in Omega Ruby. I had to start over in Omega Ruby after I lost my Wonderlocke thanks to Steven's Metagross. I'm one of those people that buys a game to play it forever. In fact, I'm also doing a Bug Monotype Challenge in Crystal while playing my Egglocke in Omega Ruby. With my 3DS in one hand and my Game Boy Color in the other.

Years
  • It's not that I haven't wanted to, it's just I've been busy and haven't gotten to playing it yet. However, I already completed the main storyline + Delta, so there isn't much left for me to play, really.

Years
  • I haven't played the game since a bit after finishing the Delta episode, mainly due to the lack of a Battle Frontier; the absence of Gym Leader rematches doesn't do anything to help either. However, I may eventually go back to catch all of the legendaries (especially the Regi trio) and work on completing the regional Dex. I'll probably end up putting off ORAS for good if either Tlachtli's Sigma Emerald or Linkandzelda's Emerald Dreams progress further in terms of completion.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Because I had to sell off my 3DS I haven't played any of my games, unfortunately.

Birthday Thunder

Venus (Event Archivist)
    Years
  • No, I am not playing any more. These games will be the first that I haven't even put 100 hours into, and I usually max out the time clock in ever Pokemon game I get. Nothing new was brought to the table and any of the awesome returning features were completely botched and are no fun at all. If Nintendo didn't cater to the casual crowd and put in the battle frontier, I would still be playing. I want actual strategy to be involved with these games again and I'm so sick of everybody I fight online and in secret bases to have a frickin' mega rayquaza in their team. These games were unnecessary and I regret my purchase.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2015
    Ran out of stuff to do, so nope. It's a shame that we couldn't have had Emerald's Battle Frontier.

Now, I just plan on using Alpha Sapphire to trade/keep all my strongest Pokemon from all my games on.

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    No, I have been meaning to try and finally trade all of my pokemon over from each of my previous gen cartridges. But I just don't seem to have the time or willingness to do it when i do have time. However I did just recently restart on leaf green, so that is pretty much taking up the hour or two max a day I have to play.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    I am still hanging in there. I have been pretty busy lately (been avoiding PC too), but i am just about done with my Dex. Finishing off the legends right now, with a time stamp around 250 hours on the game :3 Can't wait for the shiny charm!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I currently don't own a 3DS, ORAS or XY but when I buy my 3DS (hopefully some time this month) I will buy AS. In the meantime, I found my copy of Sapphire and beat the Elite 4 another 3 times using my team from 5 years ago (after transfering all of my Pokemon from my original save to Sapphire and resarted) and I remember why I loved Sapphire and how much fun I had while playing it. I'm slightly disappointed with how little use Gardevoir actually in the Elite 4 comapred to Flygon which is 18 levels lower than it. Aside from all of that, I'm really looking forward to playing AS and reliving my childhood and now that I have a much greater knowledge of the mechanics (EV/IV training, breeding, natures and competitive battles) I know that I will enjoy this time around much more than my first time around.

Sinion

Insane Mastermind
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2015
    When I played X and Y, I just got through the storyline, etc. and stopped playing. When ORAS came out, I played the heck out of that. A friend of mine in college challenged me to an X/Y battle. I went back to play X/Y and totally found it boring even more. Still binge playing Omega Ruby and loving it.

Years
  • I just restarted my game, it took me maybe 15 hours to get through all 8 gyms, I didn't go against the elite 4 that time around though this time I'm playing more thoroughly and am actually trying to complete the Pokedex

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • I'm still playing them from time to time. I haven't actually beaten the game yet but I've been playing in short bursts every now and then and have been gradually getting closer to the Elite Four (7 badges down now! Currently in the Magma Hideout in the Seafloor Cavern); should be done soon-ish! Still a lot I'd like to do in the game and I have enjoyed it, I just haven't had time (and motivation sometimes) to play it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2019
    Definitely stopped playing it. But if anyone ever asks to battle me, I have one really good team that I spent about a month on that's willing. I usually play my Nintendo 64 in my spare time

Scary Miss Bee

Auribus teneo lupum.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2016
    i've played through it (delta episode included) three times now, i think! so now i'm working on breeding, shiny hunting, finishing the pokedex, and putting together a team to use so i can restart Y and play through that again. it takes me a while to get bored of a pokemon game, i suppose, ha

Back