• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Are you still playing?

Years
  • OR/AS have been out for six whole months now, giving many of us more than enough time to settle into the games or wait until we were able to actually purchase a copy. Are you still playing these games with them being out for half a year? What do you usually do to pass time during play? Are you focusing on breeding, possibly shiny hunting, maybe you're still going through the story? If you're not playing anymore, why not? Did these games last you longer or less than you thought they would?

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • I spend some time breeding new teams based on particular themes that pops up in my head (i.e. star constellation, artificial pokemon, etc), then I would get on battle spot to test out these teams and have fun.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I played in the last month to make a team for a VGC event in Sydney. Having another break now but I'll pick it up soon enough to do stuff like gimmick teams and contests.

I stopped playing mostly because of other new games I also enjoy playing that came out, haha.

Years
  • I'm still having fun just training up Pokemon in Alpha Sapphire, and doing some exploring of course while still building up money for when I need to get some items. And of course being addicted to the DexNav.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • uhh well my 3DS has been out of commission for awhile (... also I'm too lazy to turn it on) so I haven't played for a bit. I think the next time I turn it on I'm going to get addicted to the Maison again, so I'm trying to wait some time, since if I devote any more time to it I'll literally burn out my internet/social life in the tradeoff haha

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Yep, just playing through the battle maison for the ribbons on my main team. Just 3/4 way through the doubles first round then onto super doubles as i'm quite enjoying double battles.

Also still playing through Y at the same time.

Years
  • I am still playing as I have quite a few different types of playthroughs I can do, including one i'm in the middle of now. But I still haven't done too much with my main copy.

Boured

The Guildmaster
    Years
  • I would be playing it today but my save was corrupted leaving me having to start over and with my entire competitive team lost in the process and I also lost the shiny metagross from the event it was a very bad time but I will play again that and I still have Pokemon in my bank so yay.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Unfortunately, I haven't picked up ORAS in a while, but it's not really the game's fault I guess! I DID complete the Pokedex, and I'm not really into breeding, so there isn't a whole lot for me to do anyway, plus when I have the time to play video games I would much rather spend my time playing something I haven't completed in order to clear my backlog, such as Majora's Mask <3 I think once I finish a good chunk of other things I will pick up ORAS again in order to complete a few of my unfinished projects :)

I play casually now... Just randomly making sets to pokemon I think I can tweak to 'near perfection' in my opinion, mostly secondary evolution or last evolutions.

Been previously addicted to maison... I got all the trophies through by the power of the addiction... Except the triple battle...
    Still yet to compile team that can perform well above 30+
    Nearly got the 200 streak in singles a couple of days ago after a long while... BUT I GOT BEATEN ON MY 199th BATTLE! (TnT)
    So only have 198 streak on mine.
    And no. I am not interested so much on gimmick teams to use online/offline.

I give you guys a tip to design 2 team for singles... Each one strong against their weaknesses,,, For example, simplistically a mono-dark team and a psychic/fairy/fire/ice/flying/rock team. The maison adapts to your team after awhile~

To be honest. The boredom from people is mostly because of how ridiculously easy it was to complete the PokeDex through cheaters or WonderTrade.
    Another reason why I don't appreciate them.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Been trying to do the Triple Battle challenge in the Battle Maision. It's more of a taste in patience due to how much they drag on.

AquaMarine8

One less, one less problem~
    Years
  • Heck yes! I purchased Alpha Sapphire first, on which I am still trying to obtain all of the available legendaries.

Then I purchased Omega Ruby to just play through the story again. I'm on my fifth play through of it now. :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2022
    Try to get into as much wins in Singles in Maison as possible (without a good strategy) 65 is around where it usually ends for me. Breed random pokemon to try out every now and then, would start playing VGC but any team I think of trying requires some legend that (such as Terrakion) and I can never catch a perfect IVed one (even really close I can't seem to get lucky with except for a Cresslia with random speed IV that probably isn't ideal competitively) and the way I can only catch it on a certain day of the week makes me not care anymore.

Want to restart Alpha Sapphire soon but will wait until after exams/projects are done because I don't really have the time rn.

Years
  • I sold mine like an idiot. So tomorrow I can hopefully get out to gamestop to by Omega Ruby, again. I miss playing modern pokemon games, and it'll be fun restarting from nothing, again, in 6th gen.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I haven't played Alpha Sapphire for months because I was having interest in other Pokémon games at that time, but recently I've been playing it more to attend Pokémon Contest Spectacular.

Regumika

So Graceful
    Years
  • I'm still playing OR occasionally. I had been breeding for the last ~20 hours of game time. I just bought AS the other day in preparation of starting a Monotype challenge along with someone =)

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
    Years
  • I got the game late for my birthday back in February, and I haven't played it a whole lot since unwrapping it; not because I don't like it, but because I keep forgetting to continue. I've really enjoyed it so far, though, so I'll probably still play for a while even after beating the main story. I played X/Y long after finishing up, so I don't think Omega Ruby will be too much different for me.

Back