• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite kind of music?

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
  • My favorite kind would have to be Pop Rap.
    Ex. Jhameel, Hoodie Allen, Eminem, etc.
    Stuff like that.

What's your favorite kind of music?

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
    Years
  • Since I mostly listen to video game music, my favorite genres/categories are usually all over the place. But I love rock/electronic rock, trance, and some pieces of pop. And if chiptunes (heehee) and similar Famicom or retraux-styled music could count, those would be at the top of the list.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • if pressed to say my favorite kind of music I just say "rock," usually, but my tastes are so much broader than that, really. as much as it's a Scorned Thing to say, I listen to everything.

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
  • Mostly Pop and Electronic. I usually prefer Synthpop and I don't mind listening to any kind of electronic music. I also like rock and metal.

Years
  • My usual taste leans towards electro/dance, rock and a bit of hip-hop. I'm also a heavy supporter of the underground music scene, because I feel like there's so much music on that side that's so good yet people don't realize it.

Years
  • While I'll give pretty much anything a listen, and sometimes I'll stray over into other genres for a little while just for something different, my general tastes tend to hover around either symphonic and/or power metal and trance. Nice range there from fast-paced songs to more calming music.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    I try to stay color blind towards music. If I can find something I like about everything I listen to, I can embrace all music with equal curiosity. That's why I like to listen to a song twice before I decide whether or not I like it. But I guess my favorites are rock and hip hop, but I have playlists for electro, jazz, reggae, 80s, indie, all that good stuff.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Visual Kei. It's a form of J-rock music where androgynous Japanese boys dress up in stage clothes and make up. There's different styles they play. Some play pop music, others play rock or metal as well. Most of what I like is rock/metal when it comes to visual kei. I like a lot of power metal/heavy metal. I also like rock stuff where a band has a good beat. I do like other types of music such as country, oldies and alternative rock but... I'll choose visual kei in a split second if you ask me. :P

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • My favourite genres are pop and rock (and pop/rock). I do enjoy a bit of most genres but I tend to listen to the aforementioned ones more. I also listen to quite a bit of folk and indie as well.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I listen to almost all rock genres, but the genres I listen to most are Post-Hardcore and Poppunk. I have a broad music taste though, so I listen to a lot of other kinds of music too, and it feels weird to brand them my 'favorite genres', as some of my favorite bands don't fit into Post-Hardcore or Poppunk.

Sir Codin

Progressive
    Downtempo/Chillout
    Drum & Bass (especially Ninja Tune stuff)
    Classical, especially organ pieces
    Video Game OSTs
    Hardcore punk
    Folk music, especially from Brazil, the Middle East, and Northern Europe

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Anything powerful and, for lack of a better term, 'epic'. The most universal feature of what I like is not genre, rather only that they're generally soundtrack pieces. Think Two Steps from Hell.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • I reaaly like most things as long as they're well made. At the moment I'm really into skrillex,Snow, Flobots and The verve. An odd mix I know.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Visual Kei. It's a form of J-rock music where androgynous Japanese boys dress up in stage clothes and make up. There's different styles they play. Some play pop music, others play rock or metal as well. Most of what I like is rock/metal when it comes to visual kei. I like a lot of power metal/heavy metal. I also like rock stuff where a band has a good beat. I do like other types of music such as country, oldies and alternative rock but... I'll choose visual kei in a split second if you ask me. :P

I was 100% into visual rock in my teenage years. I miss it. A lot.

I am into electronic music, Dubstep, Chillstep, Glitch-step, verything-step ^_^ I love Chrystal Castle, Tut Tut Child, Flume, just to name a few.
    And I love A Perfect circle, The Used and Mindless Self Indulgence since I am in middle school.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • My favourite genres of music are electronic and alternative. I also love all tracks dreamy, folky, experimental, avant-garde, and/or psychedelic.

Back