• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite kind of music?

Lizardo

Public Enemy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    Reggae, which I was raised on, and rap, which is the only genre I'm actually following closely right now.

Years
    I like music with good instrumentation (I don't know if that's the right word). That is, music that cares about all the sounds and melodies and stuff and not necessarily the lyrics. It's not the only thing I care about, and I certainly like some music with simple, repetitive beats, but I really dig the kind of music that, if you took the lyrics away, would still be good to listen to.

But lemme just thrown some names and things out there: Kate Bush, David Bowie, Imogen Heap, Of Monsters And Men, Florence + the Machine - lots of stuff in and around the rock genre. And lots of movie soundtracks, classical music, and that sort of stuff. And lots of Japanese music.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    If something has a catchy beat, I'll listen to it regardless of genre. But I do have a preference for movie and video game soundtracks. :)

Years
    Anything with a good beat, however I tend to lean towards genres predominant percussion, lyricless melodies and low, thumping bass (When there is a subwoofer available.)

EDM, R&B, Trap, Hip Hop, Breakbeat and Reggae are some that I enjoy.

Back