• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The NFL Discussion Thread

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
Years
  • More like too bad for the Jets, considering they still don't have a QB lol.

But seriously, this is such a steal for the Jets. Yes, Marshall had leg injuries last year which hindered his production and yes, he has locker room issues - he'll fit right in then with the Jets - but the Jets only had to give up a fifth round pick for him. Whether he's a success or a bust, it won't hurt the Jets in the end that's for sure.

That's exactly what I thought! Lmfao

Who needs a QB with that trio and solid running game? I can be the Jets QB!
    Maybe Michael Vick still has enough in the tank for one final hoorah?

Years
  • That's exactly what I thought! Lmfao

Who needs a QB with that trio and solid running game? I can be the Jets QB!
    Maybe Michael Vick still has enough in the tank for one final hoorah?

Negative, Vick's a relatively serviceable backup still though, which is reason enough to stay in the league for the paycheck. Honestly, I would throw Geno back in for one more season, see how he fares with a true weapon in Marshall (who is an absolute steal for the Jets), whose presence alone makes Decker more dangerous. Also, Matt and obZen, don't get too excited, this signing all but guarantees their plans to release Harvin. However, Decker and Marshall still comprise quite the WR duo.

OH, also, never got to comment on the Kiko/LS trade! To be quite honest when I first heard it, I laughed for a good minute. After having a while to think it over, it isn't nearly as absurd as it first seemed to be, but still quite the risky move. Yes, McCoy is nearing the end of his good years and seemed to lose some of his spark last season, but he is a proven weapon in the NFL, and the face of the Eagles franchise, especially with DeSean Jackson/Vick departing in recent years. He was the last standing cornerstone, and the most popular one. Kiko, yes, is a great player, but coming of an ACL and only one (albeit, one fantastic) season in the NFL, doesn't do it for me. At least some draft picks would have made this a bit more sensible. However, if McCoy burns out within the next 3 years, and Alonso turns out to go straight back to pre-ACL form and develop into a dominating LB for the Eagles for many years, then Chip Kelly will look like a unquestionable genius. But, if McCoy runs through the AFC and gets the Bills into the playoffs, while Alonso seems mediocre after a serious injury, he'll seem like a horrible, impressionable Oregon homer that needs to be fired.

Right now, it looks bad for Philly though.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • The Falcons made the right choice with the defensive coordinator from Seattle. Although yes, he hasnt had the experience Rex has had, Id rather have a head coach who is respected and not bringing a media circus with him. That being said, either of them would have been better than a lot of coaches on the market as the Fakcons needed to address their horrendous defense.

Years
  • I think the Suh signing in Miami makes that defense absolutely nasty, throw in Cameron Wake on top of the pressure Suh brings and you have a great one-two punch there. The Dolphins need Tannehill to take the next step as a potential franchise QB or they need to invest in one who will. They can't challenge New England in that division until they get better at the QB position.

Last edited:

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
  • Jimmy Graham on the Seahawks?! WHAT?
    Nick Foles in St. Louis, Sam Bradford in Philly
    Revis back to the Jets.
    What's happening?

Also, RIP 49ers defense.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • As a Saints fan who despises the Seahawks, I'm cringing at that trade. Still, the Seahawks had an issue and the immediately addressed it so I have to give credit where credit is due.

But the Eagles though...what the hell are you doing Chip Kelly?!

Years
  • I feel awful for my dad- he's been a die-hard Saints fan since the late 70s, and Jimmy Graham was his favorite player since Archie Manning. He also just bought a Jimmy Graham jersey last year, and almost every other time I see him, he's wearing it. Just like you Matt, he hates the Seahawks, so in the quick chance I had to talk to him yesterday, he was none too pleased with the deal.

Granted, I think it was a good trade for both teams (especially if Unger can stay healthy and Hill & Watson have good years), but it does hurt losing one of the most talent tight ends in the game.

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
  • I feel awful for my dad- he's been a die-hard Saints fan since the late 70s, and Jimmy Graham was his favorite player since Archie Manning. He also just bought a Jimmy Graham jersey last year, and almost every other time I see him, he's wearing it. Just like you Matt, he hates the Seahawks, so in the quick chance I had to talk to him yesterday, he was none too pleased with the deal.

Granted, I think it was a good trade for both teams (especially if Unger can stay healthy and Hill & Watson have good years), but it does hurt losing one of the most talent tight ends in the game.

The Saints made a shocking move, but I see it as possibly good.
    They just signed Ingram for 4 years. They got rid of Graham, but by doing so, they invest in the future while simultaneously fixing their present problems.
    They can now utilize a blocking TE and help out Ingram, and address their defensive problems (they signed Browner!). Even though he's old, Brees is still a beast, and can manage with just about anyone. Their passing game will still be formidable, running and defense better.
    People are going to back shocked at how good this move may have been

EDIT: What if Drew Brees is traded for the Jets pick? Marcus Mariota to the Saints? I wouldn't be surprised, given this chaotic off-season

Last edited:
    Years
  • Seattle just needs some WR depth and maybe a bit more on that D-line and they could be scary good on offense, not just defense. o.o

I really think Indianapolis is ready for the next step. A good young team with the right veterans mixed in for leadership and experience. Andrew Luck will be throwing to Andre Johnson - they could be an insane tandem if Johnson is healthy. Gore, while old, can still pound the rock and Bradshaw can help with the workload. The Colts might be the team to beat next year.

Also Chip Kelly is either a savant or he's batshit insane, one or the other. I don't see the logic in Bradford over Foles, at all.

Years
  • Live pretty much put it beautifully. Colts look really dangerous, and Seattle seems to be one playmaking WR away from an elite passing offense (along with their already elite running offense). Eagles will either thrive with all the new changes or crash and burn, and Chip Kelly will either win Coach of the Year or get fired. I really think it's going to be the latter.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • If Tim Tebow actually lands a job with the Eagles - or elsewhere - I will personally draft him in my next Fantasy Football draft. Seriously Chip, do you really think that's a good idea? He's not going to survive as a quarterback in the NFL. Maybe a different position, but not quarterback.

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
  • Seattle just needs some WR depth and maybe a bit more on that D-line and they could be scary good on offense, not just defense. o.o

I really think Indianapolis is ready for the next step. A good young team with the right veterans mixed in for leadership and experience. Andrew Luck will be throwing to Andre Johnson - they could be an insane tandem if Johnson is healthy. Gore, while old, can still pound the rock and Bradshaw can help with the workload. The Colts might be the team to beat next year.

Also Chip Kelly is either a savant or he's batshit insane, one or the other. I don't see the logic in Bradford over Foles, at all.

40 times aren't everything, but Foles ran like 5.0 and Bradford 4.7
    He's more mobile. Other than that, I can't really tell you x_x

I still think the Colts are overrated. They have no O-line, and no defense.
    The team now has a running game. But, it's still the Andrew Luck show.
    Defense wins championships, and without one, the Colts will falter. I fear that Luck will be a the 21st century Dan Marino

Years
  • 40 times aren't everything, but Foles ran like 5.0 and Bradford 4.7
    He's more mobile. Other than that, I can't really tell you x_x

I still think the Colts are overrated. They have no O-line, and no defense.
    The team now has a running game. But, it's still the Andrew Luck show.
    Defense wins championships, and without one, the Colts will falter. I fear that Luck will be a the 21st century Dan Marino

Mariota ran like a 4.5. If Mariota was easier to acquire, there would have never been a Bradford/Foles trade, but since the Eagles are picking so low in the 1st, they don't have a shot for Mariota.

I think the Colts have some good cornerstones to build around on defense, and Luck is still so young. There's a lot of time left for him to get a ring.

Years
  • What do you guys think of the chances of the Browns going for Mariota?

Another risky mobile quarterback whose game might not translate to the pros? No thanks. If they do, on paper it's a horrible decision and a waste of their draft pick. I say on paper because you never know with prospects, they can completely bust within the year or become a perennial All-Pro. Just have to wait and see.

Years
  • Using your first rounder on the same position (QB) two years in a row is a huge no-no and a sign that the Browns front office is basically a bunch of idiots. I love Mariota and I think him sitting for a year to learn a pro-style offense would be great for him. But Cleveland is desperate (lol again) - they would rush him in to sell tickets, ruining his development in the process. Then he turns into Brady Quinn, Hoyer, Manziel, etc. Nothing about that is good for Mariota, and if I were him, I would hope to GOD that the Jets don't buy into the deal to trade down.

Years
  • What do you guys think of the chiefs getting Maclin?

pretty solid move, randall cobb would have been better imo but maclin and reid seem to like each other and they were in desperate need of a serviceable wr (bowe was trash) so i'd rate the transaction as an A for the chiefs. if they draft a promising wr like dorsett/dgb/lippett in later rounds to distract some of the coverage, maclin could truly shine. throw de'anthony thomas in the mix and suddenly kc has a pretty dangerous offense!

Back