• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The NFL Discussion Thread

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Speaking of Sherman, how long is he supposed to be out for actually? I'm trying to compare and contrast how pitcher's recuperate after Tommy Lee surgery, but I can't make heads or tails on a time table in which Sherman will actually be out of commission.

Years
    Speaking of Sherman, how long is he supposed to be out for actually? I'm trying to compare and contrast how pitcher's recuperate after Tommy Lee surgery, but I can't make heads or tails on a time table in which Sherman will actually be out of commission.

Sherman's recovery time would probably be more comparable to that of a position player's recovery time, which is typically around 6 months. I think he'll be back next season some time.

Years
    SO since the season is over, I'm just curious, how interested are you guys in the draft, draft prospects, following them, the combine, blah blah. I for one am very interested, love making up mock drafts and analyzing prospects, as well as predicting which ones will have a good rookie year. Last year I had a few hits and a few misses, I predicted Bortles and Manziel wouldn't impress, and I predicted Bridgewater would make those two teams regret not drafting him, and I also predicted Zack Martin would be good, but I did think Darqueze Dennard would have a great year, and he barely saw any playing time, so that was a miss for sure.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    I'm not the biggest watcher of college football so the draft usualky flies overy head. However, I've been looking into a lot on the two main quarterbacks that the draft is speculating will go in the first round (can't remember there names on the top of my head. I'm curious if the Jets will get/trade up for the kid from Oregon, considering a big slogan of there's late in the season was "Suck For The Duck."

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
    I'm a huge fan of college football so I really enjoy watching the draft and watching my little college players go off to play in the big leagues :')

As for prediction on hits I think that this year's running back class could be almost as good as last years wide receiver class. The list of rbs in this year's draft is absolutely astounding: Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordan, Ameer Abdullah, Tevin Coleman, Duke Johnson and that's only naming a couple. This list has stars from top to bottom. I believe that both TG3 and MG3 with find at least decent success in the league and if I had to choose a sleeper RB in the class it would Boise State's Jay Ajayi. Watching this guy play i'm not really sure why no one's really hyping him up, I think that he could find great success in the pros.

As for misses I think that this year's quarterback class with almost entirely be comprised of misses. The one that I believe could find success would be Florida State's Jameis Winston. As bad as he is off the field he shows the most promise in a pro offense and has the highest ceiling. You might argue that Marcus Mariota should be a hit for me, but I just don't see him succeeding at the next level... He may just shut me up by playing amazing, but I don't see him running a pro style offense very well. Many people rave about his accuracy, and while he did have good throws during the season most of his throws were made to open receivers and he missed some throws that I believe an NFL quarterback should be able to hit.

Either way i'm excited for the draft and really hope my boy Todd Gurley succeeds at the next level XD If my Steelers didn't already have Le'veon Bell I would be crying for them to draft him. I think that he could go either the Ravens (oh god please no) or the Falcons in round 2

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    Either way i'm excited for the draft and really hope my boy Todd Gurley succeeds at the next level XD If my Steelers didn't already have Le'veon Bell I would be crying for them to draft him. I think that he could go either the Ravens (oh god please no) or the Falcons in round 2

Do you think the combination of Blount leaving the Steelers and Bell's off field issues will garner the Steelers to go and draft a running back? Or do you think the Steelers will focus on other position issues?

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
    Do you think the combination of Blount leaving the Steelers and Bell's off field issues will garner the Steelers to go and draft a running back? Or do you think the Steelers will focus on other position issues?

Yes, but in a much later round as the problems in the defense must be addressed first. Bell has only really had one big off field incident and that was just for possession of marijuana so he should be fine.

The Steelers really need a big boost in both their entire secondary and their outside linebackers. As much as I love my boy Jarvis Jones he hasn't really been as big of a factor as the organization has hoped... at least thus far and the entire secondary has been pretty weak with the exception of William Gay.

Years
    Yes, but in a much later round as the problems in the defense must be addressed first. Bell has only really had one big off field incident and that was just for possession of marijuana so he should be fine.

The Steelers really need a big boost in both their entire secondary and their outside linebackers. As much as I love my boy Jarvis Jones he hasn't really been as big of a factor as the organization has hoped... at least thus far and the entire secondary has been pretty weak with the exception of William Gay.

Even though the Cowboys should draft 100% defense, if we lose Murray I wouldn't mind us picking up Gurley in the right place. Maybe 2nd round, and if he drops to our 3rd round pick we would definitely take him. I love Jay Ajayi from the tape I've seen on him, wouldn't mind us taking him either.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    Even though the Cowboys should draft 100% defense, if we lose Murray I wouldn't mind us picking up Gurley in the right place. Maybe 2nd round, and if he drops to our 3rd round pick we would definitely take him. I love Jay Ajayi from the tape I've seen on him, wouldn't mind us taking him either.

Who should the Cowboys prioritize: Murray or Bryant?

Years
    Who should the Cowboys prioritize: Murray or Bryant?

I love them both as much as possible, but I think in terms of value, Bryant is better. It's harder to find such a dominant WR, but behind that O line of ours, I feel most RBs will be successful. If possible I want both back though, no doubt.

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
    I say prioritize Bryant. He breathes "Cowboys," and has a ton of chemistry with Romo.
    Murray is a beast, no doubt, but I question how good he REALLY is

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
    anyone see that uconn CB's 12'3" broad jump? that's a world record. pretty impressive

IIRC, when the broad jump was in the Olympics (it was removed a while ago (1912)), the record stood a little higher than that.
    It was 12' 2.1

His broad jump is INSANE. I really wanted to see his 40-yard dash, though.
    His profile has his 6'1, 199 lbs.
    Looks like a beautiful build. Methinks he could be a star

Years
    The Bills have agreed to trade Kiko Alonso to the Eagles for LeSean McCoy:

The Philadelphia Eagles have a trade in place to send running back LeSean McCoy to the Buffalo Bills, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

In return, the Bills will send linebacker Kiko Alonso to the Eagles, the source said.

Drafted in the second round of the 2009 draft out of Pittsburgh, McCoy has spent his entire six-season career in Philadelphia.

He rushed for 1,319 yards and tallied five touchdowns last season for the Eagles.

The trade can not be made official until the new league year begins next Monday.
    https://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12415886/philadelphia-eagles-trade-lesean-mccoy-buffalo-bills

Ho. Ly. Shit. Did not see this one coming, but I like it! Bills' running back issues: SOLVED. :D

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    They also traded for Cassell yesterday, too. They seem to be gearing up for a run at a spot this year.

I think if anything, Rex Ryan is trying to convince Darelle Revis to sign with the Bills. Besides the negatives of the actual city - it's too damn cold there generally but then again Massachusetts isn't any different right now - a good-almost-great defense plus an offense that is on the cusp of being almost dangerous (McCoy/Cassell/Watkins) plus a 'likeable' coach in his eyes could be enticing if the money is on the table. I still think though at the end of the day though that if NE offers him the money that he rightfully deserves that he won't be going anywhere; I'm sure he wants to win another Super Bowl ring, not regress.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    The Jets are getting Brandon Marshall.
    Dafuq? Harvin, Decker, and Marshall might make the best trio of WRs in the NFL.
    Too bad for Chicago; they can NOT get rid of Jay Cutler!

More like too bad for the Jets, considering they still don't have a QB lol.

But seriously, this is such a steal for the Jets. Yes, Marshall had leg injuries last year which hindered his production and yes, he has locker room issues - he'll fit right in then with the Jets - but the Jets only had to give up a fifth round pick for him. Whether he's a success or a bust, it won't hurt the Jets in the end that's for sure.

Back