• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Cyan [Beta 3 Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    I'll be keeping my eye on this game. It looks and sounds great but I wont play until the final version, mainly because I don't want to get so into the game and come to a stop at a certain point.
    Anyway, keep up the amazing work, I am sure its going to be amazing.

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2016
    Hey! I just downloaded this hack on Wednesday and ever since then I'm hooked! Love the new tiles and the new Pokemon, keep up the good work :)

Lithobraker

Practicioner of the fine art of breaking one's fal
    Years
  • I realized that I had a .txt file of bug and spelling error reports sitting around, so I thought I'd post what I found here:
    SPELLING
    Professor Oak says "'It's' instead of 'its' after he gives you your Pokedex,
    and when he tells you that when you catch a Pokemon, 'it's' data will be recorded.

Expleetle's dex entry says "Expleetle usually only attack to defend itself. It has two different flames in
    each arm cannon.", when it should be "An Expleetle will usually only attack to defend itself. It has two different flames in
    each arm cannon.", or "Expleetle usually only attack to defend themselves. They have two different flames in
    each arm cannon.".

Crabble's dex entry has a minor grammatical error; there should be a comma
    between "hard" and "as".

BUGS
    Kelprawn uses Venonat's party sprite (probably already known, but just in case.)
    I hope Beta 3 is going well. I really like what's done so far!
    (though I hope that if Crabble has a third stage, it'll look more like a crab and less like a ziggurat, since I really loved the first stage- but that's just my opinion.)

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
    Years
  • So I registered today just to point out a few minor errors, and suggest a few things.

Errors:
    1. If I use a key item (i.e. Old Rod) when I'm not supposed to, instead of saying Prof. Palm's name, it says "Oak: cloudsoda! This isn't the time to use that!"
    2. If I try to fish in the ocean on the shore of Azure Path, I get the Oak error message saying I can't. :C

Suggestions:
    1. A lot of the textures in the game move-- the ocean waves, waves coming onto the shore, flowers, etc. But not the pond/ lake texture, which I always kinda enjoyed, personally. I know the reflections ripple, but it just ain't the same.
    2. Speaking of flowers, for a game called "Pokemon Cyan", there sure is a lot of GREEN. @__@; And I get that the game is set in a region with lots of islands, but maybe you could tone down the saturation on the grass or trees? Or make them more blue-green? The original Sapphire and Ruby games are a good example of that:
    pokemon_advance_profilelarge.jpg

It might also help give the game more of an oceanic feel to it. The start screen has the Mantine and the islands on it, and I was all excited to be playing a sort of beachy tropical game. :D But that vibe disappeared the further into the game I got.

Or even better, add some variety to the flower colors That red is super bold, and it just looks kind of... 1st grade. Maybe they're just placeholders, but I feel like, again, Ruby and Sapphire could lend a hand here:

tumblr_n2qs3gnQ1A1t0izdco1_500.gif

Also, with the pond/lake textures, where the water meets the shore, it should be rounded. 'Cause then it gives the feeling that it's a natural body of water, and not manmade. Like look at the puddles in the screencap above: they're not perfectly rectangles or squares with 90 degree angles. :B

I agree with the animation of the pond, altough it's not really necessary in my opinion. My hack doesn't have that, so I try to make overworld around it a bit more dynamic.

And to be fair, Pokemon Ruby didn't really have a lot or ruby reds in the game itself - Cyan's color of choice, the vibrant yellowish green ground color perfectly gives the hack a sense of tropical environments and a sense of freshness, so crunch, I say you keep that color palette.

BadEgg~

Pokémon: Volant Version Developer
    Years
  • Hot damn, this looks amazing. I am definitely going to play through this once it's 100% finished. I'd play it before, but I wouldn't be able to deal with the wait for the next patch x3x

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    If you wish to continue using a beta 2 savefile, please refer to the spoiler at the bottom of this post.

Pokemon Cyan Beta 3

After months of extensive work and testing Beta 3 of Pokemon Cyan is finally complete! In this beta you can play up to Amber City and get 7 gym badges in total. In addition most of the bugs in beta 2 have been fixed and there is a plethora of other new content and changes to improve the game.

You may download the beta in the first post or by clicking here.

• New content - Play all the way up to Amber City and collect 7 badges
    • New Protagonist - Move over Red, and say hello to Cyan!
    • Choose Your Path - Make the most important decision in the game - to join Team Rocket, or to fight against them?
    • New Fakemon - Even more fakemon to round out and complete the Celia Pokedex
    • Updated Sprites - Many characters such as gym leaders and the professor now have brand new custom sprites
    • Battle Stadium - A fun new minigame to distract you from the main story
    • Updated Evolution Methods - several Pokemon such as Combee and Piloswine now have the correct evolution methods mirroring the official games
    • Updated Pokedex - Corrected Pokedex, added entries for Crobat, Kingdra, Slowking, and Scizor (note if you have one of these Pokemon from beta 2 its entry will not show up)

Bugs/Oddities
    • You cannot fish or surf in caves
    • Several gym leaders are still using placeholder sprites

This list will be updated if any other bugs are found. Please report any you find!

Using a beta 2 savefile:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • This is great I am happy your still working on this hack I thought you given up on the hack. I thought you said two gyms each in the next beta but I am not ccomplaing about 7 seven gyms instead of 6 hehe. When ever you feel like releasing the final version... Well up to the elite four + champion just do it. No pun by the way lol.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2021
    Hi, does Stegrump evolves by levelling up or it doesn't evolve at all?

EDIT: Ok, there's my collection and I have simple question - did I catch all Fakemons?
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    I found a minor bug in the original version that was messing up a certain sidequest if you did things in the wrong order. I updated the link in the first post, you can also download the new version by clicking here. No need to restart or anything.

This is great I am happy your still working on this hack I thought you given up on the hack. I thought you said two gyms each in the next beta but I am not ccomplaing about 7 seven gyms instead of 6 hehe. When ever you feel like releasing the final version... Well up to the elite four + champion just do it. No pun by the way lol.
    Thanks, I appreciate the support! And don't worry, the next version will definitely be the full game. I just hope it won't take as long this time!
    Hi, does Stegrump evolves by levelling up or it doesn't evolve at all?

EDIT: Ok, there's my collection and I have simple question - did I catch all Fakemons?
    Spoiler:
    It doesn't evolve, no.

Yeah, I think that's all for now, good job! Next version will also include the few fakemon you can't catch yet (like the fumystic and kroatch lines).

Last edited:

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    oh wow a new playable beta! (english) releases are so rare these days...
    will try it out

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Great work crunch :) I enjoyed beta 2.
    Will Beta 3 be compatible with beta 2 or the final release?:)

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • Corventina's Gyarados can use Selfdestruct. Not sure if that's a bug but uh...No yeah I'm fairly certain it's a bug.

EDIT: Okay haven't played through the whole thing yet but definitely enjoying what I've played so far, may do a Nuzlocke LP soon if I get the time. One thing I'd love to see in the next release though is a lot more Fakemon. I love the Fakemon there are right now but it just kind of feels like there are too few of them.

Last edited:

dmg

Years
  • great hack, i finished beta 3 & i collected all 7 badges! hope the final release will be released soon! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back