• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Cyan [Beta 3 Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 24, 2019
    How do you evolve Scyther? We can't exactly trade, and I haven't run into a metal coat / other evolution item yet

Thanks!

lol nvm

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2017
    Hi, sorry if i missed an answer to these questions but my Porygon2 is currently at level 50 and still hasn't evolved to Porygon-z. In an earlier post i saw that it was supposed to evolve at level 40.

I would also like to ask how to evolve Magmar into Magmortar?

Thanks in advance

The Porygon might not have been coded to evolve at Lv.40 or it's just glitched but you can always try giving it a Shiny/Dusk Stone. As for Magmar, it most likely requires a Fire Stone to evolve

Years
  • Hey,

How does Pokemon that require trade evolves in this game? For example Haunter to Gengar and such? and I just got Ruffski, that I see is evolving into Arblizen, and eventually into Siberizen trading holding an item. So is there anywhere later in the game where you can do trades back and forward to get the trade upgrades? or is all upgrades done by stones,happiness and levels?

Great hack so far btw, great fakemons.

Trainer 781

Great hack! Finished the beta in three days. Really liked the fakemon design especially the Baulder line.

There are some bugs that I identified.
    - Bulldoze not being affected by Sheer Force.
    - Hi Jump Kick has only 10 accuracy
    - The pallet of the stairs above Indigo city gets glitched if you run south from the route above. (minor).
    - If you are in one of the cities, Amber or Indigo, the region map displays the incorrect locayion of the player (i.e. in the ocean).

Also, someone mentioned a year ago, their Pokemon being tormented when fighting against Kadabras. I think this being triggered by MiracleEye.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2021
    Thank you Chrunch for making such a great hack! The Fakemon are mostly great! I chose to join Team Rocket and it's pretty fun.
    My team at the end of beta 3:
    Feraligatr level 50
    Ribbing level 48
    Luxray level 48
    Ruffski level 49
    Cherrim level 48
    Kangrish level 26 (I plan to train her more in the final version)

My glitches and questions:
    1. Kangrish, a fighting type, cannot learn brick break by TM. However, it can learn steel wing by TM which makes no sense at all. Can you please allow it to learn brick break by TM?
    2. In the final version, is a small part of Hoenn (or another region) accessible through the boats from Indigo port?
    3. Are any of the regis obtainable by the player in the final version?

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2015
    I cannot play it on my emulator is there another one I should use?? I am using John GBA

MasterBallz

MasterBall Abuser
    Years
  • Hey,

How does Pokemon that require trade evolves in this game? For example Haunter to Gengar and such? and I just got Ruffski, that I see is evolving into Arblizen, and eventually into Siberizen trading holding an item. So is there anywhere later in the game where you can do trades back and forward to get the trade upgrades? or is all upgrades done by stones,happiness and levels?

How did you evolve ruffski?

Years
  • How did you evolve ruffski?

I didn't, I saw some info when I searched for info about Ruffski on google to find any youtube videos or forums with this game being discussed. Lesson number 1 is to not trust what we read on the internet I guess :-)

Now I finished this Beta for now anyways, and figured out the rest with the upgrades as well.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Alright, so with this update I've fixed Porygon2 not evolving, several minor errors in Port Indigo, and a few other small bugs. Not necessary to update unless you really want a Porygon-Z.

Can we maybe get a doc of the fakemon so we can know which ones are in the game and how to evolve them if it's not to much to ask :).

Any chance to make Wiki Page for all of the Fakemon in this Game?

Is there a way to see the pokedex of the game?
    I originally considered including a document with Fakemon stats and evolutions but I decided against it as I'd rather players discover the fakemon themselves. If there's significant demand for it I may consider adding one as a separate download.
    Hi, i have a problem to save my game, when i want to save, i can read this message:
    "please exchange the backup memory"
    I play with my phone (Xperia Z3), My Boy! apps;
    Someone can help me ?

PS: sorry for my bad english, i'm a french guy.

I cannot play it on my emulator is there another one I should use?? I am using John GBA
    I'm afraid I can't help everyone with their emulator problems. You should be able to play Cyan on any GBA emulator but I can't provide support for them all. All I can suggest is to make sure your save type is set to 128k.
    Hi, sorry if i missed an answer to these questions but my Porygon2 is currently at level 50 and still hasn't evolved to Porygon-z. In an earlier post i saw that it was supposed to evolve at level 40.

I would also like to ask how to evolve Magmar into Magmortar?

Thanks in advance
    Porygon2 is indeed meant to evolve at level 40, thanks for the report! In the new version it should evolve correctly. Magmar also evolves at level 40.
    Hey,

Most of the trade evolutions are by level, otherwise by stone. All others mirror the official games. Ruffski's evolutions were also cut a long time ago and it no longer evolves.
    Great hack! Finished the beta in three days. Really liked the fakemon design especially the Baulder line.

There are some bugs that I identified.
    - Bulldoze not being affected by Sheer Force.
    - Hi Jump Kick has only 10 accuracy
    - The pallet of the stairs above Indigo city gets glitched if you run south from the route above. (minor).
    - If you are in one of the cities, Amber or Indigo, the region map displays the incorrect locayion of the player (i.e. in the ocean).

Also, someone mentioned a year ago, their Pokemon being tormented when fighting against Kadabras. I think this being triggered by MiracleEye.
    both the Hi Jump and the stairs issues have been fixed. I'm afraid I can't replicate the last bug, however.

And yeah, I think that was fixed quite a while ago. Thanks for playing!
    Thank you Chrunch for making such a great hack! The Fakemon are mostly great! I chose to join Team Rocket and it's pretty fun.
    My team at the end of beta 3:
    Feraligatr level 50
    Ribbing level 48
    Luxray level 48
    Ruffski level 49
    Cherrim level 48
    Kangrish level 26 (I plan to train her more in the final version)

My glitches and questions:
    1. Kangrish, a fighting type, cannot learn brick break by TM. However, it can learn steel wing by TM which makes no sense at all. Can you please allow it to learn brick break by TM?
    2. In the final version, is a small part of Hoenn (or another region) accessible through the boats from Indigo port?
    3. Are any of the regis obtainable by the player in the final version?
    Nice team, great to hear you enjoyed it!

1) You're likely using an older version, please redownload and update to the newest one.
    2) The port will have a purpose slightly later in the story and I've also considered using it for a postgame quest for exactly what you've suggesting. Not sure if it'll end up happening but its possible.
    3) Yes of course, but only after beating the elite four and at their original locations. One of my philosophies designing Cyan was that every Pokemon you encounter you'll be able to obtain at some point.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2018
    Just finished Beta 3 and i must say, i really enjoyed it, especially the nice graphics and the possibility to choose whether you wanna join team rocket or not. Couldn't find one bug during the gameplay, and if they were any, they don't prevent you from finishing the beta.

Looking forward for beta 4, keep up the good work and thanks so far for this great hack!

Weazel

Writing posts he doesn't submit.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2018
    Started a new file for Beta 3 because my old save was corrupted. Picked Cyndaquil, as I always do with the Johto lot. I go into my first battle, and Blaze makes it rain. Checked his stats, says Blaze, say's boosts Fire moves in a pinch. Go into another battle, Blaze triggers rain again. Has anyone else experienced this issue, or is it a problem on my end?

UPDATE: Caught a Twejay, with Own Tempo. I set it first into the party, and get into a fight. Own Tempo also causes rain.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Started a new file for Beta 3 because my old save was corrupted. Picked Cyndaquil, as I always do with the Johto lot. I go into my first battle, and Blaze makes it rain. Checked his stats, says Blaze, say's boosts Fire moves in a pinch. Go into another battle, Blaze triggers rain again. Has anyone else experienced this issue, or is it a problem on my end?

UPDATE: Caught a Twejay, with Own Tempo. I set it first into the party, and get into a fight. Own Tempo also causes rain.

That didn't happen for me haha, sounds like a weird bug. You might want to repatch to another clean Fire Red rom. Or you could just make a rain team haha.

Weazel

Writing posts he doesn't submit.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2018
    That didn't happen for me haha, sounds like a weird bug. You might want to repatch to another clean Fire Red rom. Or you could just make a rain team haha.

That fixed it, thank you! Honestly, I probably should have thought to try that myself. >>'

At least I always make sure to have clean copies of the ROMs in case of this very event.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2015
    So is this game still in development? That last beta was released on 5/10/2015. This looks good, so I am hoping it gets finished

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • So is this game still in development? That last beta was released on 5/10/2015.

And chrunch, the creator of the HackROM just posted 3 days ago, what's your point?

ON:
    I'm really trying to wait for the final version, but it's getting a bit hard.
    Google told me that you added Roblodo (Sudowoodo's Evolution created by Onyligtho) and since i don't have in mind what could its stats, moves or data be, i want to try it so hard.. ;_;
    Are more of that kind of Fakemons in the Hack?
    I mean.. FakeEvolutions for some already existing Pokémons
    Or it's a fully Fakemons HackROM? xD

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back