• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PokéCommunity Singing Contest 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mira

restless spirit
Years
  • hmm... would it be acceptable if I did harmony to my own voice? :3
    (as in, record me signing harmony to my recorded singing... >.>')

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Oh my this isn't working out for me. I'm not sounding good on tape. I need the house empty! Does the competition end on Sunday or Thursday?

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Official Entry! LOOK!

I'll stop annoying with my life issues and post this one now. I've figured that whatever I do, I'll still not sound as good as I do real-life because I'm using a phone mic. I need a studio. Also forgive me for my proudness but I do believe I'm a pretty darn good singer. Just need to be better at holding notes.

Anyway, here's a shortened version of Glee Cast - Don't Stop Believin' I try to make backing music with my voice as I can't really be bothered with recording my voice and then then adding the backing in audacity. It just didn't work the first time I tried :( So yeah, the Entry should be attached :)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
    Years
  • If I had a mic, I'd do this, even if my voice is just... barely decent. Anyways, the song I would do would be "Evo" from Digimon Tamers (Japanese Version of the 3rd series).

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • I may enter but I a few things to do before I do:

- Ask my dad to hook up this mini-recording studio he got me for Christmas (I didn't think I'd ever find a use for it).
    - Learn to play the piano part and sing at the same time.
    - Find a decent camera to record myself playing/singing.
    - Learn lyrics to Home Sweet Home (Mötley Crüe thank you very much).

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
  • If I had a mic, I'd do this, even if my voice is just... barely decent. Anyways, the song I would do would be "Evo" from Digimon Tamers (Japanese Version of the 3rd series).
    What I don't get is why people post here saying "I would do this, but I can't." If you can't participate, then don't post.
    ._.;

Iarama

RMXP User
    Years
  • +
    Wow very few entrys could someone give me a link to a good recording device thats free and doesnt require a micropone I'm kind of bass but I'd love to enter just for the sake of getting a shot at it.

NoriakiZ

Rookie
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2012
    Wait, I'm confizzled. Can we sing ANY song we want? If so, prepare to wish you were deaf!

_Dean_

smoke if you got it
    Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    The best advice I can give to anybody that doesn't wanna buy a mic is to use someones Mac. I'll be using Garage Band on my friends MacBookPro, but all Macs come packed with good mics in them.

I won't be recording mine until Wednesday.

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • I admire your confidence ^.^
    The only thing is, you're never sure just who's going to swoop in and win it all... Which is why I'm afraid to put mine up >.>'...
    Anywho, good luck to everyone!

(Oh, and I was lucky enough to be able to use the mic on my mac... makes life easier...)

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • Oh ho ho... is that a challenge? >;3
    I do love Relient K, though...

I'll probably put mine up tonight... Though I'm still not sure whether I'm allowed to sing harmony to my own singing or not xD

ji

derp.
    Years
  • Hmmm. I'll definitely need to enter this. :'D

edit:
    GRAHH FILE TOO BIG EVEN AFTER EXTRACTING THE MP3 >_____o

if a youtube video is okay, I guess I'll enter my version of "Us" by Regina Spektor.
    sorry for crap quality, was taken on very bad webcam. >_o
    I'm also playing the piano, so... @ w@;; multi-tasking!
    sorry for my ugly mug, as well >///>;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kz4MrbGT80

Last edited:

slashedsickness

I'm a master-debator!
    Years
  • Good luck to you then! I'm already entered, so I can't do anything now but sit back and watch to see who wins. The last 30 seconds of mine are the most wordy, and worst of all, I was operating on about 50% breath so I could barely get the words out. Mine is a one-take, A Capella song with no editing, so I think it's pretty good for those circumstances. I've come a long way since I started singing a few months ago. I can actually finish a song now :D

ji

derp.
    Years
  • ^
    Just a thought 'cuz I'm going into Music Ed next year >w>;
    To help your breathing, posture = KEYYY.
    If you're slumped over, your diaphragm is gonna be working over-time.
    Sit up straight, shoulders back, head straight up and down.
    Also, if you over-enunciate too much, or move your mouth unnecessarily, you lose air that way.
    You don't have to move your mouth so much to get the words out. C: And you don't have to have your mouth wide open to be loud, either.
    Also, doing exercises, such as taking in a deep breath and slowly releasing it on "ssss" for as long as you can can help build up your stamina c:
    Just... trying to be helpful Cx

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back