• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
  • Game: Fire Red
    Type: Both a Person event
    Editor: XSE
    Script: A warp event
    Spoiler:

Not sure, but I don't think you can use checkflag that way...

Try this:
    Spoiler:

If this doesn't work please tell us where the script goes wrong, because mabye something with the warp is wrong.

Larvitar170

Noobie hacker
    Years
    Type: Warp/person
    Script:
    Spoiler:

Whenever I use 0x1, it goes to the @done, but when I use 0x0, my person ends up becoming and item, and it says that [player] picked up the item. The actual warp works fine, but I would rather not pick up an item.

Last edited:

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
    Years
    Type: Warp/person
    Script:
    Spoiler:

Whenever I use 0x1, it goes to the @done, but when I use 0x0, my person ends up becoming and item, and it says that [player] picked up the item. The actual warp works fine, but I would rather not pick up an item.

try this
    Spoiler:

Larvitar170

Noobie hacker
    Years
  • try this
    Spoiler:
    It is still giving me an item. I just tried to change flags and use 1000, but it still gave me an item, then warped. It won't do the talking part, and it is giving an item. The item isn't showing up in the inventory, and the warp puts me in the right spot. It is just strange that it is doing a give item on this script.
    Spoiler:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • It is still giving me an item. I just tried to change flags and use 1000, but it still gave me an item, then warped. It won't do the talking part, and it is giving an item. The item isn't showing up in the inventory, and the warp puts me in the right spot. It is just strange that it is doing a give item on this script.
    Put lock and faceplayer before checkflag and ya wanna person just to warp ya?

Larvitar170

Noobie hacker
    Years
  • Feeling stupid.

Guys...I had my script in the wrong order using the wrong command. I had the script putting the warp in the wrong spot. I have it figured out. Sorry to waste your all's time.

TheDon

Shedinja Enthusiast
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2018
    Hm, it worked with that particular script (thanks a lot. :D), but now I'm trying to do it with a trainer script.

Spoiler:

The battle goes fine, and the giveitem works fine, but when the after-battle dialogue finishes, and I get the item, the sprite I'm talking to disappears before the movement is even started. Any help?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Spoiler:

Fixed in red...
    Don't forget the waitmovement or the pause commands after your applymovement commands.

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
    Years
  • Spoiler:

i saw the prob..

Years
  • Is there something wrong with this script?

This is after I compiled it in XSE.
    Spoiler:

Years
  • well when I walk over the script tile it doesnt react, and it can't be the numbers in the script tile because I use the ones I always have used and always have worked..

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • well when I walk over the script tile it doesnt react, and it can't be the numbers in the script tile because I use the ones I always have used and always have worked..
    I see... ya have to change var number... ya cannot use the same always... so if ya for example used 4050 use 4055 for example for this script... and also 0003 unknown

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2010
    Im having trouble compilign this script, when i compile it, it doesnt save the whole thing, from 16 lines, it only writes 13, why is this happening?
    Is something wrong with this script? I made one like this not so long ago and it worked perfectly, and still does.

Spoiler:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • two things you should fix
    note shis proberly wont fix your problem but you should take this into consideration
    A) remove the nop it dose nothing its just raw# 0x00 its a waist of space and what kind of mesage is asdfg , thats the home row keys + "g"

TheDon

Shedinja Enthusiast
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2018
    Game: Pokemon Ruby
    Type: Move Tutor script
    Script:
    Spoiler:

When I select 'Yes', the game resets. >.<

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2010
    Hi there, I was using XSE, and every time I compile the script below.. It says that the script is too big for the offset or something.
    Spoiler:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • Hi there, I was using XSE, and every time I compile the script below.. It says that the script is too big for the offset or something.
    Spoiler:

No, you were missing somethings in the script. I'll bold what you needed. :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back