• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what music you like but don't want other people to know...

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    that you listen to them because of embarrassment.

i notice that many teenager boy would be embarrassed if they get caught listening to justin bieber song or girly song.

what about you

please post a link to that music ( YouTube) and explain why you don't want other people to know that you listening to them

kuzronk

Banned
    Years
  • I barely like anybody irl knowing what I listen to but I tend to enjoy pop groups such as ABBA sometimes.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'm not posting a link but basically everything popular that I listen to. There's this huge judgment that nerdy groups have against everything popular; I can't talk to them about football, I can't mention that I like pop music, or else everyone will recoil and even if they're fine with me liking it they still have to let me know just how much they hate pop music every time it's mentioned...thanks guys, I get it, my music makes you want to vomit, we can move on now.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I like listening to the music from Victorious. Catchy songs, and the show's got a lot of good singers.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm not really embarrassed by any of my music tastes. I like Miley Cyrus and think she gets too much crap said about her, honestly. So. There's that.

Guest123_x1

My major preference in music is stuff from before the 70s, even more so with early 60s stuff and before-going all the way back to the early 1900s. I'm sure most of my peers see this preference as "weird" and "not with the times."
    Here's an example, "In the Still of the Night" by The Five Satins, from 1956:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtpYSLKr0Uw

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I'm usually very open about the music I like, but I do like some of Nsync's songs such as "Pop". It's embarrassing to admit I like them cause it's not the type music a lot of know of friends know I like. It's just really nostalgic and I honestly think Justin Timberlake is one of the few talented pop artists today. (Another person I'm embarrassed to say I like.) But their music is so nostalgic to me and it's what I loved as a little kid so it's has an attachment to it!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I'm not embarrassed to share anything with you guys, but I can't see myself telling my real life friends that I listen to a lot of Japanese music. They'd probably judge me a lot and I really don't need that aha.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • I listen to Japanese music from anime and pony remixes (as well as original stuff) that I wouldn't openly share with others. I'll be a bit embarrassed that I listen to them.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't think I've ever felt this way about music, honestly. If there's something I actually like, I'd want others to know so that they could listen themselves and possibly become a fan. More fans I know, the better, because then, I'll be having a wider range of people to discuss these songs with.

I really don't feel that music is something you should be embarrassed about, or be much afraid of being judged. Some might have similar tastes as you, and if you find someone that does, great. If not, then it's not such a big deal.

VividSpaceRain

Living on the moon.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2014
    None I don't keep any of my musical tastes a secret if other people don't like it well then too bad.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Oh, a lot. So much. I'm an avid listener of music/game/TV soundtracks or otherwise lyricless songs. Wouldn't call it ambient, but I just enjoy having music in my ears like a kind of soundtrack to my life when I'm walking around, studying, writing - doing anything really. And lyrics kind of break that up. Of course, I listen to a lot of "normal" music as well, haha, like what's popular on Spotify and some rock and pop and alternative and Swedish stuff. Some people just raise their eyebrows a bit too far if I tell them my audio fetish, so I usually just don't talk about it. Accidentally slip sometimes when soundtracks get stolen and used in shows or clips or stuff and I can name the game it came from lol

I'm a nice nerd, so I'll link some of my current favorite ear candy to you. Ambient massage. Or did I just call it ambient I think I'm not even sure what that word means aaah hai.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fIVmFJkfaA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6j8ZOJPoho#t=162

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1AUi39dMrw#t=172

Yeah ok, Doctor Who just happens to have a lot of really great music. Worthy of cinema movies imo. Murray Gold, you're a musical genius. And for the record, you can think what you want about the World of Warcraft game, but it sure does have a high number of quality tracks that grab your feels. And I consist of feels. Therefore, I listen :3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    I never mention that I sometimes enjoy listening to cheesy little songs made by YouTubers such as Diggy Diggy Hole by The Yogscast.

The Yogscast makes better songs than most people with actual music careers do.

When it comes to taste in music I make no effort to hide it. As for what those tastes are I don't like "normal" music at all and I mainly listen to songs like The Ultimate Showdown by Lemon Demon or Shark Town by Robert Benfer. The only person whose music I listen to that anyone seems to have heard of is Weird Al Yankovic.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I listen to Disney songs quite a lot, especially the foreign versions of it. Everytime I listen to them on my phone on the bus ride to school, I keep a watchful eye on my earphones because I get paranoid that it would unplug itself and everyone would hear it. I think my phone pauses the music as the earphones unplug though, so I'm still safe for the most part. :'D

Back