• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what is your favourite legendary pokemon

Years
  • Ever since I first saw it in Sapphire, Rayquaza's been my favorite legendary Pokemon. The combination of its design, typing, backstory and moveset all caught my attention when I was younger, and none of the other legendary Pokemon since then have been able to do that for me. That said, I've got the feeling that if Yveltal and Rayquaza had swapped places in the Pokemon timeline, it would be my favorite legendary instead.

Other than those two, Articuno, Celebi and Lugia would round out my top 5.

Nakala Pri

My favourite all time legendaries are Mewtwo, Latias, Keldeo and Reshiram! :D They stand out and are just frickin' awesome.

Mewtwo is at the top of the list, 'cos, like... um... he's awesome. :D

Years
  • Of the ubers, probably Groudon and Palkia. The former has always been really sick to me, and a mondo land titan that summons sunlight? That's rad, but Palkia has been one to stick out mostly because of Spacial Rend. And its design in general.

There are more I could name, but these two come to mind right away.

Boured

The Guildmaster
    Years
  • The regi's because they are so hard to find in R/S/E and their batte music is one of my favorite video game songs of all time

mcarthur7416

Sexy Cowboy
    Years
  • Lucia is probably the top favorite. In the pokemon 2000 movie, (I think that's what it was) Lucia is just an extremes badass. Plus silver and soul silver really made Me fall in love with him, just backstory and its overall appearance. Plus I loved him in Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness :D

Second is Groudon, because ruby was my most played and cherished game. I just loved everything about it and the first time I actually caught Groudon, I was beyond excited. I love the idea of a giant pokemon that could most likey spew lava all over the region if need be.

Years
  • Inundating the thread with a list ranking Pokemon objectively by design.

Dislike
    54 Regigigas
    53 Regice
    52 Registeel
    51 Kyurem
    50 Regirock
    49 Azelf
    48 Heatran
    47 Thunderus
    46 Thunderus (therian)
    45 Landorus
    44 Palkia
    43 Tornadus

Meh
    42 Uxie
    41 Maniphy
    40 Genosect
    39 Groundon
    38 Moltres
    37 Dialga
    36 Zekrom
    35 Kyogre
    34 Terakion
    33 Mesprit

32 Landorus (Therian)
    31 Entei
    30 Giratina
    29 Cobalion
    28 Latios
    27 Volcanion
    26 Keldeo
    25 Hoopa
    24 Raikoa
    23 Lugia
    22 Ho-oh
    21 Jirachi/Victini
    20 Arceus
    19 Rayquaza
    18 Mewtwo
    17 Celebi
    16 Deoxys
    15 Zapdos
    14 Zygarde

Really Like
    13 Articuno
    12 Meloetta
    12 Tornadus (Therian)
    11 Darkrai
    10 Yveltal
    9 Diancie
    8 Latias
    7 Shaymin

LOVE
    5 Mew/Reshiram
    4 Xerneas
    3 Suicune
    2 Virizion
    1 Cresselia

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2014
    When I was little, I obsessed on HeartGold, despite never getting it, so Ho-oh has always been special to me. Dialga was the first legendary I ever got, so I love him for that, and he controls time, which is one of the things I liked (I used to watch Heroes and Doctor Who). Last one is Mew, especially from the 1st movie, which is one of my favorite movies (I even have the VHS of it!)

So, all in all, my favorite legendaries are: Ho-oh, Dialga, and Mew... Though there's so many more awesome legendary Pokémon out there.

Charizerd

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I like a lot of the legendary pokemon, but if I had to choose a couple favorites it would be Victini, Shaymin-Sky, and probably Suicune. Again, many of them look really cool so its hard to choose just one.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Meloetta its cute beautiful and powerful whats not to like its just so unique and its singing is beautiful!

Years
  • My favorite legendary is Giratina, for multiple reasons. The first is its type combination of Ghost and Dragon. The second is the Origin form. Admittedly, I would not like Giratina as much if it were not for the Origin form, which made it all the more cool.

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
  • My Favourite Legendary Pokemon is Latias and latios

Last edited:

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    My favorite legendary has to be Giratina (alt), purely because of how fast I got it as a shiny. The only bad thing about Giratina is it's weak to it's own types.

Years
  • Man, it's hard to choose. I love Kyogre, Dialga, Latios, Suicune, Lugia, Latios Giratina, Zekrom, Mew.

My absolute winner would definitely be Rayquaza, especially now with it's mega form.
    It's a huge Snake Dragon looking absolutely badass. There isnt one thing I would change about it. So yeah, Rayquaza fo me

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2019
    Lugia, Latias, Mew and Mewtwo.

Lugia has the coolest design, Latias and Mew are just adorable, and Mewtwo has my favorite backstory, plus nostalgia from the first movie.

Years
  • Regirock.

It's my 2nd favourite overall behind Gengar. I just love it's background and design. Seen it on TV and in a movie and loved it ever since.

ChikoritaCheezits

The Green Leaf triumphs over all
    Years
  • I'm not that big of a fan of most legendaries mostly due to how overused they are in competitive play. If I were to pick a favorite, they would be Entei and Shaymin. Shaymin is freaking adorable and Entei is freaking majestic.

Back