• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forming first EV team! advise appreciated!

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2010
    Its good that you've been reading smogon. What I like to do is read that stuff, what other people say, and look at different attacks and options and see how they will work.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2010
    I am trying to decide between Heatron, Tyranitar, or Tentacruel as my lead pokemon.

Heatron and Tyranitar could lay out stealth rock, while Tentacruel could lay out Toxic Spikes.

If it helps to know, other pokemon in my team so far will be

Blissy - Wall
    Starmie - sweeper
    Lucario - Sweeper
    (probbly)Jolteon - sweeper

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2010
    Tentacruel can spin don't forget that

im very tempted by the idea of tyranitar because of how powerful he is, and because he can learn stealth rock (which I originally was gonna give to blissey), thus freeing up a move slot for blissey.

Since I am using starmie I figured I could have starmie use spin, or would that be a waste of a move slot?

also a couple random questions, how can i get blissey to learn body slap and or wish? been looking around on the internet but cant seem to find an answer.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    im very tempted by the idea of tyranitar because of how powerful he is, and because he can learn stealth rock (which I originally was gonna give to blissey), thus freeing up a move slot for blissey.

Since I am using starmie I figured I could have starmie use spin, or would that be a waste of a move slot?

also a couple random questions, how can i get blissey to learn body slap and or wish? been looking around on the internet but cant seem to find an answer.

Wish is an event move and Body Slam is a 3rd gen tutor move.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2010
    ah so basically i cant get my blissey to learn wish or body slam..time to rethink moveset for blissey now lol

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Body Slam sucks on Blissey anyway lol.

Use;

Blissey@Leftovers
    80 HP / 252 Def / 176 SDef
    Calm Nature
    Trait : Natural Cure
    - Softboiled
    - Thunderwave / Toxic
    - Seismic Toss
    - Stealth Rock / Flamethrower / Ice Beam / Aromabadtherapy

Put the hp in s.att if you use special moves.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2010
    ok I am focusing on my blissey's skillset now and have some choices to make.

already decided:
    -softboiled
    -toxic

contemplating:

-secret power (30% chance to inflict a status on foe depending on terrain). This would be useful for steel types which are immune to poison? and if I understand correctly, nlissey's serene grace "Doubles the chance of an additional effect happening for the Pokemon with Serene Grace's attacks" meaning the chance to inflict status on foe would be 60%?

-flamethrower, for fighting toxic-immune foes

-substitute, for switching in a sweeper who can be protected by blissey-substitute..and 25% of blissey's hp would create quite a nice protection giving sweeper that extra time needed to do its job properly.

can only use two of those skills, and keep in mind sadly i cant learn body slam or wish, so I'm having to be a bit original.

edit: btw my main goal for blissey is of course to be a wall, but also to spread as many status inflictions as possible, and also hopefully be able to smoothly transition to a sweeper at the appropriate time

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
  • Always have natural cure ability on blissey
    While you are dismissing seismic toss, it does always do a flat 100 damage which is really nice against alot of things, lessens the need to predict when they switch out
    you can only transfer subs through baton pass lol so a blissey sub isn't a good idea
    PLEASE rely on Dark Azelf's help as well as smogon
    oh yeah put heal bell on blissey through the move tutor in SS/HG

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2010
    Always have natural cure ability on blissey
    While you are dismissing seismic toss, it does always do a flat 100 damage which is really nice against alot of things, lessens the need to predict when they switch out
    you can only transfer subs through baton pass lol so a blissey sub isn't a good idea
    PLEASE rely on Dark Azelf's help as well as smogon
    oh yeah put heal bell on blissey through the move tutor in SS/HG

my blissey cant learn heal bell or aeromatherapy from trainer, ive tried. im also in Pearl..This specific blissy is getting quite complicated..I think I'm going to quite while im ahead and start with a fresh blissey who has all of these components that my current one lacks..sigh XD

good news is, ive been breeding my sweepers like there's no tomorrow to get the right stats and I've got a great staryu, jolteon, and riolu waitin to be EV'd :) just hafta deal with this damn blissey fiasco lol

Back