• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Hospital

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
  • Not for operations on myself, no (excluding the removal of my Wisdom Teeth). I have worked in a hospital for work experience in high school and have spent hours waiting in the hospital for my sister who was always quite ill as a child. Hopefully one day though, I'll be back in hospital working. Instead of sitting there seeing sick children and people I'll be up and helping them.

Years
  • Luckily, I have never had to go to the hospital for myself. I've only gone to visit friends and family members. Hospitals freak me out, so I hope I won't ever have to go to one for myself :l

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    lol the hospital is like a second home to me. I've been admitted three times for broken bones, once to get stitches under my eye, and twice for surgery.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    @shenanigans

i've been a few times
    broken arm/wrist/elbow, broken foot, broken rib (that one was definitely the most frustrating injury)
    bad reaction to meds one time got me panicking so i went there and freaked out until i was told it was a minor incident and i'd be fine in a couple of hours
    i'm a believer in openness so i have no problem saying i've been a couple more times for suicide attempts and to get my stomach pumped (definitely the worst thing i've physically experienced hands down)
    and a couple more times for an ed back when i was like 14

thank god i've been locked into health insurance forever otherwise i'd be even more broke than i already am

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Once for myself. Sliced my finger. We went there, sat for two hours to find out I didn't need stitches.

Once for when my brother needed tests. I was 7.

I've considered/thought about going a few times because of severe chest pain/pain all over my body, but always just shut up and deal.

Years
  • My sister has always been in and out of hospitals but me not so much. The only times I remember being brought in were for broken bones, severe food poisoning, asthma problems and appointments mostly relating to my sister's health issues since they ae genetic.

Parivir

rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    Years
  • I went pretty recently, actually; I had dengue fever and hepatitis, they kept me for a week or so. Once more way back when I was a kid but I forgot what the disease was.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I've been there about 3 times in the past year. All three visits were for dental related surgeries so nothing too extreme. The only accident I've eve been in that has managed to send me to the hospital was basically impaling my right hand with a large shard of glass. Still nothing too bad imo, but the bleeding made it seem much worse than it actually was..

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Last time I went to the hospital was for my mom's shoulder surgery. This was back in January.

For myself, it was back in...October I think? For some reason my immune system was shot down and caught a really bad infection that made me stay overnight for observation. Thankfully it was nothing severe, but I was really worried.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I broke a knee when I was 7 and have had several stomach problems the past few months. Last time I went to the hospital was in April for a colon test and then somewhere in May to the ER because I was in terrible pain :D

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • The only time I've actually been a patient in a hospital was when I had my adenoids taken out and tubes put in my ears when I was 6. I've never had to go to the emergency room for anything, and any other issues I've had have been resolved either in a doctor's office or express care place.

I've been with people in the hospital plenty of times though. My grandmother had a lot of medical issues and was in and out of the hospital, my dad had some heart issues a few years ago, and my mom broke her ankle and had to have surgery in my senior year of high school.

Back