• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Hospital

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    Have you guys had to go to the hospital or ER for anything?

I went to the ER last night and it sucked real bad. My bronchial spasms got really, really bad and I couldn't breathe easily. When I had a spasm, I couldn't breathe at all and it was pretty scary. I was put on a nebulizer and stuff to open my throat, and now I have to use an inhaler. Its possible I am developing asthma or something.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Went to the hospital loads of times obviously.

Emergency cases though? Yeah, once for having a pretty severe flare up and once from getting hit by a car.

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
    Both of the times I've had stitches. Once when I was younger, on the way home from a public swimming pool place thing, I tripped on my towel, which I had wrapped around me. So I couldn't put my arms out to break the fall. Chin slammed onto the concrete, cutting it wide open. And then there was a time even earlier, when I was about 2 years old, when I fell headfirst into the corner of a washing machine and cut myself open across my left eyebrow. I have a permanent and very visible scar from that.

Years
    I had to have my forehead stitched up a few years back when I sliced it on a door, but I also had two more overnight stays in the past couple of years due to lumps that grow on sweaty parts of the body caused by a condition called Hidratenitis Suppurativa that I have been suffering for almost six years now.

I have a massive fear of hospitals so it's always been uneasy for me.

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
    Years
    I've been to the hospital and ER a few more times than I can count, usually either for someone else in the household or myself. I was there in 2013 to have a tumor removed from my leg and a bone graft, after it was causing me so much pain that I couldn't walk without crutches. The overnight stay was about a week or so, and they released me on Christmas Eve so that I could spend the holidays at home.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Knocking on wood here, obviously, but as far as I can remember I've never been admitted to the hospital. Everytime I've been to a hospital it's been for someone else, like my mom or dad or something.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Been hospitalized twice, hated it both times. The worst memory of my life comes from being admitted to the ER but I'd rather not go there. I've never had to visit relatives or friends in the hospital though so I'm thankful for that!

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
    Years
    Been plenty of times, though last time was to the ER after being hit by a car while I was at work. Messed up the nerves on the right side of my body.

Bay

Years
    I have regular doctor appointments every few months, otherwise I haven't really been admitted to a hospital for an emergency. My sister went for a broken leg and dad gotten very sick several years ago, though.

Sirfetch’d

I visited the hospital every day back in March before my grandma passed to visit her. Was such a sad time. As for me, I have been admitted twice I believe? Once for very bad bronchitis as a child and a second time when my appendix failed and I had to have it removed.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I visited the hopstiall when mom about to give birth, visiting and staying with my aunt with dangy fever.
    I also was treated in hospital to treat my medical allergy that cause my eyes to feel weird

Years
    When I accidentally got my right knee sliced back in elementary, and when I got some problem with my blood.

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
    I had to be in the hospital two times. One time when I was just a baby for a car crash, I don't remember it that well, although for some reason I do remember a bit of the examination. The second time was back when I was in 4th Grade, I was dehydrated and had to stay in one for a day and a half.

Last edited:
    Years
    I've been to the hospital before for tests and stuff, but it was stuff that had been scheduled beforehand or I went in of my own free will. Like last time, just went there to get a blood test done so I could send it off to another doctor. And before then-- well, I actually don't remember why I went in the previous times for tests, maybe something to do with my kidneys? It was some body part they wanted to make sure of. May have even been my heart, I seriously don't remember what.

I think about the only emergency-related thing I've been there for was for busting my chin when I was five years old. I barely remember that, all I remember is the actual hitting of my chin (I was being a dumb kid and jumping on the couch, and I fell), and then crying a lot as I was carried into a room. And if I had any other kind of emergency visit, I certainly don't remember it right now.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I've gone for a lot of different things. I hate hospitals with a passion though. They don't seem to get the whole invisible disabilities thing. I do have a lot of special needs too, mind you... but I don't 'look' disabled at all. I could pass as being just like anyone else. That is until I have one of my outbursts/meltdowns though.

The biggest thing I've had to be in the hospital for was to get surgery. I had to have the rest of my teeth pulled because they were really bad and such. That was back in February 2015 I believe. Other than that, most of my hospital visits have been for little minor things. In fact, I can't remember the last time I was at the hospital for anything else either. I don't exactly do any activities that pose injury to me or get sick very often really.

I know when I was younger around twelve or so... I got tested at the Children's hospital I think for Autism and what not as well. I remember doing a series of tests that would later determine whether I really did have it. Turns out I did. It has become better and worse at the same time. I haven't been retested for a while because of my social security income and what not.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    I've had 3 trips. First one was for a cut on my head, I fell playing basketball, then a rather large guy tried and knocked me into the ground, pushing my glasses into my head in such a way that it cut me open. A little Dermabond (some kind of liquid stitches) and I was all good.

Second was for an allergic reaction to Allegra, I had trouble breathing and got real paranoid and
    ..yeah, not going anymore into that one.

The third was a couple weeks after that incident, I had a strange heartbeat and my chest was hurting. I ended up being fine, I think it was just a side effect of the medicine I was on after being in the hospital (my body was a little messed up for about a month after all that, but I recovered pretty well).

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    I've been to the emergency room twice I think -- once when I cut my head open when I was like 3, and the other time when I broke my arm a couple years ago. weirdly, my experience last time was actually pretty okay. the doctors & nurses were friendly and I only had to sit in the waiting room for like 25 minutes which was baffling. but I'm not complaining.

aside from that I visited my grandfather often in the hospital back when he was sick, and my sister got a compound fracture like 7 years ago so she was there for like 3 days and my whole family was there while that was happening. however there was a room there that had a GameCube that I played Twilight Princess & Paper Mario on the whole time so I was content.

Lucid

I've been a few times for broken bones and the flu and ER stuff like that, but mostly because I get kidney stones tho. 2 years ago, I had to stay for 6 days when a stone sealed off my right kidney and I got really bad sepsis (blood poisoning), my fever was like 105. I stayed for a couple of days when I was really little too after having a seizure.

Years
    I've been admitted to hospital three times - all for surgery.
    I didn't like my first experience (broken arm in grade 6) because I had to stay for a couple days and got really bored.
    The second time was okay (broken jaw 7 years ago) as I was released the day after surgery.
    The third time (miscarriage leading to D&C) I was a daypatient and got in and out within 6 hours.

Overall I'm very indifferent about hospitals. I've visited family in hospital a few times, and apart from restrictions on number visitors that was pretty smooth as well.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I've only been once. I was in fifth grade and was carrying around a pillow. I stepped on the pillow, toppling me over, and I wasn't able to catch myself, so my jaw broke my fall. I couldn't open it for a few hours, and I nearly broke it, but I just needed stitches. I have a very small scar that's not very visible. Especially since my goatee covers it now, haha.

Back