• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

have u ever been outside your country? or do u know any 1 who has never been outside their country?

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I'm dutch, so that means I mostly spent my vacations in other countries. I've been to Spain, Portugal, France, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium, Luxemburg, Italy, Germany and Denmark. So I've been to the entirety of Western Europe, with exception of the British Isles and Scandinavia

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I was born in Ukraine, and then moved to France, so you have these two countries.
    Other that that, I have been to Germany, Poland, Russia, Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan. I also briefly visited Spain and Andorra one or two times.

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
  • My father work as a lab assistant so he always travel to other place to find new plants and herbs. On the holidays, i will become his little assistant and i will travel with him. I've been to Denmark before and its very cold there, i really enjoy it. And we also went to Singapore... Its really hard to suit with the situation out there..haha~

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Yeah I've been to California and Massachusetts. Also England briefly, France, Italy and the Dominican Republic.

Years
  • I've never been out of the political boundaries of my country but have travelled uite a lot nevertheless. Been to Jammu, Punjab, Rajasthan, Delhi, UP, Karnatak, Tamilnadu and Goa.

Next I'd like to travel to Kashmir, Ladakh, Nepal, Assam and the north-east, Tibet, Samarkand (Uzbekistan), Istanbul, Croatia, Italy, France, England. I also wish to watch the Boxing Day Test at Melbourne someday.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I live in America, but I've visited Mexico and Canada.

I've been to Mexico three times, but just along the border (mainly Tijuana). I actually went on a trip where we stayed in the more run-down part of the town and built a house for a family that didn't have one. It was small, but they were just happy to have a place to call home, and it was interesting to see such a different culture.

I went to Canada to ski for a couple days with my dad as a birthday present. It's not much different from America, except that everyone there knew how to ski better than me, haha.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I live in Canada, and the only foreign countries I've really been to are the US and England. Technically I've been to a few other European countries (Greece is the only one I can think of) but I was only a toddler when my parents took that trip so I don't remember it at all and I don't really count it. We visit the US maybe once a year for shopping and the last few years I went to Orlando a few times for the theme parks. There are still a lot of states I haven't been to, though. Our trip to England was in August and we only stayed in London. I'd love to see more of it.

I've traveled a lot in Canada, though, and that's just as far (if not farther) than quite a few other countries. Given the chance, I'd rather do more in-country travel than visit other countries. There's still a lot here that I've never had a chance to see.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I don't know many people who have been out of the country. There was a handful of (20 or so) people who went on a trip to germany 2 or 3 years ago at my school. Personally I've been on 3 cruises. My first cruise took me to the Caribbean, we stopped at Jamaica and Mexico and that's about all I remember from that trip. Second cruise I went on took us around the US Virgin Islands, Florida, and some other place. And the last cruise I took we flew to Canada, then flew to Barcelona, and then cruised for two weeks on the Mediterranean sea stopping at Rome and stuff and then we flew out and landed in Brussels (they're dicks btw, just saying) and we came home.

I've led a pretty privileged life.

Years
  • UK here.
    Only Been abroad to France, Spain (both mainland and some of the Islands), Belgium and Iceland. So not all over the place but Really want to visit more countries especially in East Asia and Europe.
    Here where I live I know loads of people who have never left the UK (and don't want to) people in may town tend to think its the start and end of the Universe rather than a minor provisional town. :p

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    I've been to Japan twice (once for high school trip and once in college for my comics class). Also Europe: UK, France, Germany, Belgium. Traveling is a great experience that I think everyone should do. It does cost money, but in return you get an experience that is truly unforgettable.

Manitee

bury me alive
    Years
  • Yeah, I normally go abroad twice a year. Everybody I know has actually been outside of the UK.

I've been to Spain a number of times, Cyprus twice, Germany, Turkey 5 times, The canary islands twice and Czech Republic and in my opinion Germany was the best earlier this year. Such beautiful scenery in Saxon Switzerland. I'd return in a heartbeat however I disliked the food in Germany very much.

Looking to visit Egypt, Florida then Hawaii and Cyprus next year.

GoldenHouou

Abstract Nonsense
    Years
  • Been to a bunch of places, but only in Europe and Asia. I've worked in Spain (also visited Gibraltar), went on an excursion trip to Germany, been on a one day cruise trip to both Estonia and Sweden, and projects have taken me to both Russia and Switzerland before.

As for Asia, I've spent a year in South Korea and traveled to Japan (twice), Singapore and Taiwan while there. Really want to go back there one day.

Visiting the Americas would be cool too, and it's definitely on my to-do list.

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
    Years
  • I've been to Guatemala for work.... It's defiantly different. People drive so bad there that even the stray dogs and cats know not to cross the roads lol.

So true. I went to Guatemala on a mission trip. Driving down there is an adventure, considering they fit four vehicles in three lanes. There seem to be no rules for motorcycles either.

We went to a coffee plantation called Finca Filadelphia. We got to go zip lining in the mountains. The had an armed guard with an AK 47 because people in the mountains like to rob people. We helped out at a school, fed the homeless, and helped in a homeless shelter. It's life changing for sure.

tioeduardo27

tioeduardo
    Years
  • I am from Brazil, and yes, I have!

Last year, after saving for two years, I realized my biggest dream and went to Switzerland, the most beautiful place I have ever seen. My experience there was SO good that now from the moment I stepped on Brazil I was already saving more money to return there!

I visited many places there, but I can recommend the Matterhorn! It is a huge mountain whose top is covered with snow, and it's so big you can see it from anywhere in the city, even on the small streets with big buildings.

If you're interested, just google it and you'll see what I mean!

Years
  • I'm from America, and I traveled to England back in 2012 stayed there for about 2 months, and in that time I went to Scotland. Went back to England in 2013 and stayed for about 3 months.

I want to go back, England is so lovely. Wouldn't mind moving there all together actually.

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2014
    I live and Michigan and have been to Toronto a couple times, but most notably I went to England a couple years ago for my cousin's wedding. It was fantastic. I stayed for a week in London which was very expensive, but I honestly could've just rode the Underground around all the time, it was just such an exciting place to be in.

Back