• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Random Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2015
    Forum Username: teaser303
    Game Version: FireRed
    Number of Pokemon: 6
    Exclude NFEs: Yes
    National Dex: No
    Restrictions: No Magikarp, Abra, Delibird, Sunken, Wynaut, etc.

As for Kostucha:

Mime Jr.
    Mantyke
    Glameow
    Togepi
    Shellos

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Update #2
    Sora | Pokemon Y
    40px-Bug_Badge.png
    40px-Cliff_Badge.png

So keeping Lloyd behind on levels so I can evolve him into Gallade asap has been a pain in the butt. I got to the second gym no problem but Grant was actually a pain to beat. However, before I did go and beat Grant I went onto the route above and eventually caught Kai the Eevee as my fourth member! Going to try to evolve him asap hopefully even before the next gym battle (not that he's going to be much use as an Umbreon haha). Meanwhile Lloyd did evolve into a Kirlia so now it's just a matter of obtaining a Dawn Stone...

With Kai acquired I managed my way through the gym. Purposely avoided the trainer with Lunatone and Solrock though because haha not with the team I have. Maybe if Max wasn't half poison. As mentioned before battling Grant was a pain as I had to make sure Amaura was asleep so I can take it out. Tyrunt wasn't much of a problem though as I brought his HP down enough and then sent Kai out to finish the job (so he got the affection points for being in the gym battle). Now I'm on my way to my next destination to fight Korrina. Honestly probably going to box Lloyd for the time being until I beat her because as useful as he would be I'm sure Suzaku can take care of her. And then thankfully I can finally evolve Lloyd into Gallade after I beat her. ♥

662.png

Suzaku (Fletchinder) ♀ | Bashful | Level 27
    Ember, Roost, Quick Attack, Peck

281.png

Lloyd (Kirlia) ♂ | Hasty | Level 20
    Growl, Confusion, Double Team, Teleport

001.png

Max (Bulbasaur) ♂ | Naive | Level 27
    Double-Edge, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, Razor Leaf

133.png

Kai (Eevee) ♂ | Hardy | Level 22
    Swift, Quick Attack, Bite, Refresh

Years
  • Forum Username: teaser303
    Game Version: FireRed
    Exclude NFEs: Yes
    Restrictions: No Magikarp, Abra, Delibird, Sunken, Wynaut, etc.

As for Kostucha:

Mime Jr.
    Mantyke
    Glameow
    Togepi
    Shellos

Thanks for the team :)! Accepted.

As for you:

Hitmonchan
    Electrode
    Arcanine
    Marowak
    Wigglytuff
    Farfetch'd

Enjoy! :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2023
    Update 4

Badges: 12

Before heading off to Kanto, we decided to pick up a Nidoran, while not opting to go with Girafarig since I don't have a fly slave and I didn't wish to swap my party around whenever I wanted to fly. Either way, we made our way to Kanto, getting a bit of training on our Nidoran while on the ship, and in no time we had a Nidorina.

We took on the Vermillion Gym as soon as we arrived in Kanto, where I let Quagsire and his newly acquired Earthquake take on the gym by himself, with him not having much of a problem with it.

The decision to solo the game with Espeon from there on out seemed like a decent idea, with Kanto not being that interesting to play through and most of my pokemon under leveled. I did keep the exp share on Nidorina to get her around the levels of my other pokemon, but Espeon made quick work of Koga, after he fought through an annoying Erika battle, since he was outsped by Jumpluff, but apart from that the battle didn't provide much difficulty. The psychic gym (Sabrina?) was the other gym we defeated, with Feraligatr helping take care of her annoying Espeon before my Espy ran through her Alakazam and Mr. Mime with Shadow Ball.

With not much care for grinding, it looks like Espy will have some fun, with his Choice Specs Psychic, allowing him to run through just about everything, with the exception of Red who I will work out a strategy when I get there.

160.png

Torrent | M | LVL 42
    Naughty Nature
    Waterfall | Crunch | Surf | Earthquake

185.png

Rock Head | M | LVL 38
    Lonely Nature
    Flail | Faint Attack | Rock Slide | Strength

196.png

Synchronize | M | LVL 53
    Rash Nature
    Psybeam | Psychic | Shadow Ball | Baton Pass

195.png

Water Absorb | F | LVL 38
    Rash Nature
    Surf | Amnesia | Earthquake | Yawn

031.png

Poison Point | F | LVL 39
    Rash Nature
    Cut | Toxic Spikes | Poison Jab | Double Kick

Years
  • Woo I finally completed my random emerald run :o This took me ages :o But it was a fun run with an awesome team ^^

VS. Wallace
    Vs.Steven!

Final Team:
    097.gif

Creeper|Female|Naive Nature|Insomnia|Lvl 75
    Return
    Calm Mind
    DynamicPunch
    Psychic
    Hypno is still my least favourite pokemon, though I like it a little bit more after this run. Could be better though.

219.gif

Bob|Male|Calm Nature|Flame Body|Lvl 75
    Rock Slide
    Flamethrower
    Earthquake
    Return
    I used Magcargo a lot lately and I always love using him - though it takes ages for him to learn a better rock move than rock throw x.x

319.gif

Jaws|Female|Lvl 75|Modest Nature|Rough Skin|@Mystic Water
    Crunch
    Surf
    Return
    Ice Beam
    I enjoyed using Sharpedo- I rarely use one. Though she was super fragile and nearly everything could OHKO her :(

282.gif

Athena|Female|Lvl 75|Bold Nature|Synchronize
    Calm Mind
    Psychic
    Return
    Thunderbolt
    Yet another pokemon that I use a lot - she did a great job as always.

335.gif

Zara|Female|Lvl 75|Lonely|Immunity
    Shadow Ball
    Return
    Aerial Ace
    Swords Dance
    She was my favourite team member - she could take hits for days, she could set up with swords dance and than it was game over for whatever she was facing, such a powerful normal type <3

026.gif

Sparky|Female|Lvl 70|Careful Nature|Static|@Lax Incense
    Thunderbolt
    Slam
    Return
    Thunder Wave
    She really surprised me! I rarely ever use Raichu but she was so fast and she could dish out some powerful moves too! I loved using her and I will defenitely use Raichu more often after this run.

woopermanstrikesback

Master of the House
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2015
    Hall of Fame!
    Challege of Fire Red Random Pokemon is complete! This has to have been one of my favorite run throughs of a Pokemon game in a while, and I hope everyone else is enjoying their runs as much as I did! Below in the spoilers is my team/movesets/opinions on each of them
    Spoiler:

Well, that's it for Fire Red, so I'd like to wish everyone else the best of luck in their runs! I had fun with this run and am glad to have completed it!

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Update #3
    Sora | Pokemon Y
    40px-Bug_Badge.png
    40px-Cliff_Badge.png
    40px-Rumble_Badge.png
    40px-Plant_Badge.png

Glittering Cave up until after I beat Korrina was painful. I boxed Lloyd do he didn't exceed level 22 and basically stumbled my way through Glittering Cave with Suzaku, Kai, and Max. After I somehow managed to make it though I biked around until Kai was ready to evolve into an Umbreon and did just that before facing my rival. Good thing too, since I'm not sure if I would have been able to beat him without a defensive dark type to go against his Meowstic. After I beat my rival I made my way through Korrina's gym, Suzaku (unsurprisingly) doing most of the work with Max as back-up. Don't think I used Kai at all because lol Dark type in Fighting gym nope.

Korrina actually wasn't that bad thanks to her Machoke missing with it's rock move. Either way I beat her both times then went and withdrew Lloyd. Now that I had my third gym I could finally get that Dawn stone! But first I went and picked up the fifth member of my team Aurora the Lapras! Just one more Pokemon to go. Sadly I probably won't be getting it until right before the eighth gym oh well. I backtracked and went and got the dawn stone I needed and evolved Lloyd into a Gallade! Things should be much easier now.

Which they were. Beating my rival the next time around was far easier than when I fought him in Shalour. And the Courmarine gym was so easy Suzaku basically swept the gym all by herself save for Kai going against an Exeggutor. Now it's time to get that electricity back on and go and face Clemont! It should be interesting considering I don't have a ground type to easily face him with. My bets will probably be on Kai, Max, and Lloyd holding the fort.

662.png

Suzaku (Fletchinder) ♀ | Bashful | Level 40
    Flame Charge, Quick Attack, Aerial Ace, Roost

475.png

Lloyd (Gallade) ♂ | Hasty | Level 31
    Slash, Confusion, Swords Dance, Power-Up Punch

001.png

Max (Bulbasaur) ♂ | Naive | Level 38
    Strength, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, Seed Bomb

197.png

Kai (Umbreon) ♂ | Hardy | Level 33
    Covet, Moonlight, Bite, Refresh

131.png

Aurora (Lapras) ♀ | Docile | Level 33
    Surf, Body Slam, Rain Dance, Ice Beam

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2023
    Challenge Complete

Badges: 16 (Red Defeated)

This was a frustrating end as I was underleveld massively for Red, Espeon way too frail, and unable to combat Snorlax's Crunch. I tried a few different strategies and spent too long on that fight and got nowhere, so in the end I trained Feraligatr up another 5 levels and Quagsire up a bit as well. In the end everyone made a contribution in the Red fight bar Nidoqueen, although she did allow a turn of healing.

I went into the fight with a strategy but I got screwed over by annoying Pikachu and then I just went with what I had and somehow ended up winning. My original strategy went as planned, using Yawn on Pikachu from Quagsire, since he could withstand an Iron Tail, before setting up Rain Dance to remove that freaking annoying hail that I couldn't remove by changing the date apparently. While Pikachu was sleeping, I decided to make some use of Sudowoodo letting him use Stealth Rock then just healing Quagsire again before he died. Quagsire put Pikachu to sleep and then Espeon was sent in.

My original plan was to set up defensive battle items until Pikachu woke up, so I could one shot it with Psychic then Baton Pass to Feraligatr on his Snorlax, allowing him to setup further and then hopefully one shot everything, but Pikachu woke up after only 2 items, and OHKO'd Espeon with Volt Tackle. Ouch!

Had to waste a couple of turns to get Quagsire to put Pikachu to sleep, and then decided to screw it and just send in Feraligatr. EQ took him out and then Venusaur came in. I healed Espeon to take care of that. Snorlax was painful but luckily he missed Blizzard on Quagsire so I could put him to sleep then heal my entire team, and then slowly took him out with a couple of lucky critical hits (although just sped up the process more than anything).

Lapras I had a decent plan to combat, but Feraligatr was crit hit by Body Slam meaning I had Espeon take it out with 2x Psychic, who managed to survive her Blizzard with 5 hp left. With that out of the way Blastoise came out to battle and my strategy was pretty simple. Set up with Feraligatr due to his lack of physical moves and nothing that could do a heap of damage apart from Focus Blast which it wasted in the first 5 turns. I set up a number of battle items, and stupidly decided to take no chances by setting up an extra one, before I was crit hit by Hydro Cannon, which actually killed Feraligatr.... Meaning I had to repeat the whole process. In the end I got everything done, and 2HKO'd Blastoise with EQ and Waterfall + the stealth rock damage had Charizard defeated. What a horrid fight though. I ended up using 8 X Attacks, 5 X Speed, 1 X Defend, 12 X Sp. Def.

Our final team though, with a few added comments now that it's over. Items at last battle.

160.png

Feraligatr @ Mystic Water
    Torrent | M | LVL 55
    Naughty Nature
    Waterfall | Crunch | Surf | Earthquake

Probably the most reliable member on the team not surprisingly, nature + high attack stat, meant he could take care of just about everything, and his defence was high enough to withstand just about every non SE hit. Definitely the MVP.

185.png

Sudowoodo @ Nothing
    Rock Head | M | LVL 45
    Lonely Nature
    Stealth Rock | Sucker Punch | Rock Slide | Strength

Wasn't a bad option throughout our run. Probably could have used him a bit more, although didn't really fit into our team that well, since flying was the only types he was better than anything else to fight, and there weren't many of those. His Stealth Rock was handy, although was more there just to say he did something in the Red battle. And I didn't want it to come down to Charizard outspeeding Feraligatr, so the 50% damage would mean Espeon could one shot with Psychic. It didn't need to come to that though. In the end, a pretty shallow movepool, could have done with EQ but with Feraligatr + Nidoqueen, there wasn't much point using EQ on it.

196.png

Espeon @ Twisted Spoon
    Synchronize | M | LVL 61
    Rash Nature
    Psybeam | Psychic | Shadow Ball | Baton Pass

Would have had Choice Specs on him if I hadn't opted to try my Baton Pass strategy since I felt Feraligatr would have had a better chance at setting up against Snorlax. My favourite pokemon though, if I had the effort I would have got Calm Mind on him from the BF but it was too much effort, one reason why I dislike HG. No surprise he was the highest leveled, but I did try not to use him too much for once. Plus he's too frail to take on Red by himself unless I actually go to the effort of leveling him up to around lvl 75.

195.png

Quagsire @ Nothing
    Water Absorb | F | LVL 46
    Rash Nature
    Surf | Rain Dance | Earthquake | Yawn

Pretty useless in all honesty. Yawn was the only reason I actually started training him up, so he could withstand a hit from more than just Pikachu. Rain Dance was put on before the final battle to get rid of the hail, and was probably one of the reason we won the battle on that attempt despite everything going against the plan towards the start. But really the last time I'm using him, attacks are weak, nature was terrible, defences are quite average and the - SpD meant he died to just about anything special.

031.png

Nidoqueen @ Choice Specs
    Poison Point | F | LVL 44
    Rash Nature
    Cut | Rock Climb | Poison Jab | Earth Power

Unfortunately turned out to be our HM Slave. May have made more use of her if I could have had those 2 extra slots, but kinda needed them. Really her stats aren't anything great though and there's no point. Choice Specs was just there for the sake of it, I knew she wouldn't be used in the final fight but I figured the boost on Earth Power could be handy if only to get rid of the Pikachu to begin with. Don't think I'll ever use her.

Probably didn't have as much fun as I wanted to with this run. I've used Espeon way too much, my team was pretty average at best type wise, had no thunder or fire moves, so dealing with water types was a pain, and in the end meant I was just relying on Espeon and Feraligatr and meant I had to teach him EQ so then he clashed with Quagsire and Nidoqueen, so really I just didn't have the variety in my team to make it interesting. Just glad I got it done.

Spoiler:

banjopop7_7

Unova’s superhero!
    Years
  • This is my first challenge so I'm pretty excited, I hope I'm doing this right.

Forum Username: banjopop7_7
    Game Version: Pokemon Y
    Exclude NFEs: yes
    National Dex: no
    Restrictions: I like to keep my starter and I don't want more than 2 pokemon of the same type.

Years
  • You may go with: Raichu, Greninja, Sawk, Steelix, Drifblim and Reuniclus- Let me know if you need a re-roll on either of them because it wouldn't be available in game.

banjopop7_7

Unova’s superhero!
    Years
  • I don't know if I should do this in a new post. It's a good team, I only have 2 questions:
    With keeping my starter I actually ment that I also want to keep my Kanto starter, is that a ploblem?
    I can't trade-evolve onix but I remember you can trade it in-game in cyllage, is that also good?

The rest of the team seems pretty good and I can get them early in the game so that fine
    I hope I'm not too much touble

banjopop7_7

Unova’s superhero!
    Years
  • Team accepted! It seems a very good team, many variety. So I'm going to start my adventure in Kalos now!

Edit:

When I was first writing this and was almost at the end I pressed on the wrong button so I need to start over again :(

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2016
    Username: rozzi
    Version: Blaze Black
    Exclude NFE: Yes
    National Dex: Yes
    Restrictions: No two of the same type, nothing completely useless or overpowered.

JelloItUp

Challenge Accepted
    Years
  • Time for the yearly update! ^^
    Okay so I'm at 4 badges with this team ATM:

164.gif

Hooter | Modest | Level 26

169.gif

Dracula | Impish | Level 31

157.gif

Jello | Bold | Level 37

cRaCkZ

Well...
    Years
  • UPDATE:
    Badges: 8
    Current Location: May's House
    Challenge Completed

TEAM

Name: Blaze |Blaziken | Lv.57 |Male | Mild Nature | Blaze |

Slash|Peck|Double Kick|Blaze Kick

Roxy |Gardevoir| Lv.56|Female|Jolly|Synchornize

Calm Mind|Shadow Ball|Psyhic|Thunderbolt

Tube|Vigoroth|Lv.52|Male|Hasty|Vital Spirit

Slash|Strenght|Brick Breaker|Double-Edge

Ben|Crobat|Lv.54|Male|Timid|Inner Focus

Poison Fangs |Air Cutter| Steel Wings|Bite

Plusy|Plusle|Lv.52|Male|Jolly|Plus

Spark|Thunder|Quick Attack|Return

Champ|Machamp|Lv.54|Female|Docile|Guts

Earthquake|Vital Throw|Karate Chop| Cross Chop

Hall Of Fame Photo
    RVmyxal.png

Relica

Worst Player Ever
    Years
  • Forum Username: Relica
    Game Version: Silver
    Exclude NFEs: No
    Restrictions: Any BST is fine. Please limit to one NFE. I desire to have a 'shouldermon', like Pikachu is to Ash in the anime. No stone evolutions. Limit legendary Pokemon to one if at all. No Pokemon from my two favorite lists in my signature.

Here's hoping for a fun team! {XD}

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back