• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Random Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
  • Okay, so, due to two things I've decided to give up my last challenge. It turns out that with the team I was assigned, a game as difficult as Liquid Crystal is really time-consuming to play, and due to time constraints I can't put enough effort into the game to be bothered to complete it at this point.

However, I do still want to do this challenge. I'll just make it a little easier with this next sign-up:

Forum Username: Xilfeh
    Game Version: FireRed
    Number of Pokemon: 6
    Exclude NFEs: Yes
    National Dex: Yes
    Restrictions: At least one Pokemon that can learn Fly and one that can learn Surf.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2015
    Forum Username: raymagini
    Game Version: platinum
    Exclude NFEs: no
    National Dex: yes
    Restrictions: N/A

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2023
    Forum Username: hedger
    Game Version: HeartGold
    National Dex: No
    Restrictions: No hacking/trading, pokemon that can learn surf/fly

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2023
    Okay sure I'll run with that, thanks. Naughty nature 14 base attack on Totodile. Will try not to run through the whole game with just Feraligatr.

Edit:

Update 1

Badges: 2

The Team:

Croconaw M | Torrent | LVL 20
    Naughty Nature

Scratch | Bite | Water Gun | Rage

Wooper F | Water Absorb | LVL 10
    Rash Nature

Water Gun | Tail Whip | Mud Sport | Mud Shot

Both gyms were a little annoying. Reminds me of why Cyndaquil is so much better for speedruns. Pidgeotto roosted annoyingly 5 times in a row and made me waste too much time healing, before I got lucky with a crit hit when I probably would have died otherwise. Bugsy's Scyther can always be a pain but in the end I avoided the healing range with a crit hit and his other pokemon gave nothing of a challenge. Burned a couple of super potions in the process though.

The decision to have Wooper probably wasn't very useful, considering he's the only other pokemon I can grab until my Eevee, and shares the typing with Croconaw, although Mud Shot is a little handy. Rash nature makes him not completely useless right now, so I got a bit of training in the Cave against the rock/fire pokemon although I've skipped most trainers otherwise.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Alriiiight. So September of last year I asked for a team but I never got around to actually doing the challenge. Decided to finally start it tonight! Let's do this ♥

Update#1
    Sora | Pokemon Y
    40px-Bug_Badge.png

Chose my starter, though it doesn't matter because as soon as I was able to catch Pokemon I went and caught my first team member Suzaku the Fletchling! Not much happened between that and Viola who was easy thanks to Suzaku being a flying type. So after I beat her I went onto the next route and hunted a bit for my second team member. Eventually I was able to find a male Ralts and upon capture named him Lloyd! Two down four to go! And it wasn't long until I was able to get my third team member, Max the Bulbasaur! And right before I received Max Suzaku evolved into Fletchinder. Yay ♥

Not much other than that since the beginning is well... the beginning. I'm probably going to keep myself from using Lloyd for a while since I want him to evolve into Gallade asap. The problem with that is I can't really easily get a Dawn Stone until after the Fourth gym (Unless I want to Super Train but wow effort. If I have to I will though). I guess we'll just see what I end up doing as the challenge progresses.

662.png

Suzaku (Fletchinder) ♀ | Bashful | Level 18
    Ember, Agility, Quick Attack, Peck

280.png

Lloyd (Ralts) ♂ | Hasty | Level 11
    Growl, Confusion, Double Team

001.png

Max (Bulbasaur) ♂ | Naive | Level 11
    Tackle, Growl, Leech Seed, Vine Whip

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2023
    Update 2

Badges: 4

A shopping trip in Goldenrod City was fun, as we stocked up on some battle items and a few potions. The gym wasn't too difficult, 3 X Attacks and 1 X Speed allowing Croconaw to one hit Clefairy and two hit Miltank with Ice Fang, since I know how annoying that Miltank can get.

We headed towards Ecruteak City, stopping via a stubborn Sudowoodo who became the next addition to our team. His stats were quite nice actually, and is actually a viable option with his high Attack, and lonely nature. His learnset is a bit lacking, but it knows Rock Throw so will probably just be spamming that a lot with him.

The rival battle was a bit of a pain due to Croconaw's shitty speed and I didn't bother healing anybody else before the fight, which ended in Croconaw getting confused by Zubat and proceeding to hit itself in confusion 3 times in a row before Sudowoodo had to finish him off while being paralysed.

Gave Sudowoodo the training time in the gym, and got our Eevee that we picked up from Bill and also got him up a few levels through switching out. Morty didn't put up a challenge and went down to a few bites from Croconaw, although Curse meant that Sudowoodo ended up having to finish off Haunter.

159.png

Torrent | M | LVL 28
    Naughty Nature
    Flail | Bite | Water Gun | Ice Fang

185.png

Rock Head | M | LVL 24
    Lonely Nature
    Flail | Low Kick | Rock Throw | Mimic

133.png

Run Away | M | LVL 10
    Rash Nature
    Tail Whip | Tackle | Helping Hand | Sand-Attack

194.png

Water Absorb | F | LVL 18
    Rash Nature
    Water Gun | Tail Whip | Slam | Mud Shot

Just realised I derped myself and only just noticed that you gave me the SS exclusive pokemon not HG. So I suppose I need some rerolls on Skarmory + Ursaring. Preferably something around Blackthorn City/Victory Road. If I can't then I'll probably just go with the 4 pokemon I have.

Sorry for double post as well I guess. I'll do my next update in this post.

Update 3

Badges: 7

A more difficult stage of our journey. Croconaw evolved into Feraligatr, but didn't do that much apart from a lot of Team Rocket's HQ and helped a bit in the Pryce fight. After completing the Team Rocket HQ, we made our way over to Olivine City going to the top of the lighthouse before making our way to the gym across the sea.
    Chuck was a difficult fight with his Primeape + Poliwhirl hard to deal with our Sudowoodo and Feraligatr who had 3 ineffective moves against his Poliwhirl. In the end Sudowoodo took down Primeape before Feraligatr outlasted Poliwhirl by crunching him to victory, taking about 15 turns including healing items on both sides.
    Jasmine was a much more simple fight as I let Quagsire get his first shot at some real action, as he took down the Magnemite and while I had to burn a super potion after Steelix's Iron Tail crit hit me, it was a pretty easy fight as Quagsire took him down with 2 surfs before finishing off the final Magnemite.
    Getting straight back into the action, we returned to Mahogony Town to take on Pryce. The gym wasn't much of a problem. Sudowoodo took down his Seel, before Feraligatr made quick work of Piloswine. His Dewgong was a bit of trouble and in the end I switched back to Sudowoodo whose Choice Specs Rock Throw dealt with in a few turns.

160.png

Torrent | M | LVL 31
    Naughty Nature
    Agility | Crunch | Surf | Ice Fang

185.png

Rock Head | M | LVL 31
    Lonely Nature
    Flail | Faint Attack | Rock Throw | Strength

133.png

Run Away | M | LVL 26
    Rash Nature
    Tail Whip | Tackle | Quick Attack | Sand-Attack

195.png

Water Absorb | F | LVL 22
    Rash Nature
    Surf | Mud Bomb | Slam | Mud Shot

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Why can't people read?

Please stop double posting! That's against the rules. If you want to make two updates in a row use EDIT button instead - it's right there. Please make sure that you check out the rules before you decide to enter a challenge >_<

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Why can't people read?

Please stop double posting! That's against the rules. If you want to make two updates in a row use EDIT button instead - it's right there. Please make sure that you check out the rules before you decide to enter a challenge >_<
    Seriously guys, stop double posting. This is ridiculous. You have to wait 2 weeks without another post in a thread before you can double post. If you have more to add that's important enough to have to be immediate, then edit your existing post.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2023
    Not like I only double posted because I thought it'd be more easier to notice that you gave me the wrong pokemon and even said I noticed that I was double posting and apologising for it, but you know you can be stuck up cunts and be over-dramatic as well.

Years
  • Since I never played HG or SS before I don't know what's available and what's not. You get Nidoqueen and Girafarig as re-rolls, let me know if they are available.

Also, you could not double post but instead make the whole update in one post and than add that one bit about re-rolling in the end either using Bold to indicate that it needs my attention either separating it by ~~~~~~~ or something like that. So there is no need to be rude.

JelloItUp

Challenge Accepted
    Years
  • Forum Username: JelloItUp
    Game Version: Pokémon Liquid Crystal (FireRed Hack)
    Number of Pokemon: 5
    National Dex: Sure
    Restrictions: None

woopermanstrikesback

Master of the House
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2015
    Forum Username: woopermanstrikesback
    Game Version: Pokemon Fire Red
    NFEs: No

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2023
    Since I never played HG or SS before I don't know what's available and what's not. You get Nidoqueen and Girafarig as re-rolls, let me know if they are available.

Also, you could not double post but instead make the whole update in one post and than add that one bit about re-rolling in the end either using Bold to indicate that it needs my attention either separating it by ~~~~~~~ or something like that. So there is no need to be rude.

They're available. Most of them are sharing typings with my team already. I'll go with them although not sure if I'll make much use of them. And sorry I guess.

Forum Username: JelloItUp
    Game Version: Pokémon Liquid Crystal (FireRed Hack)
    National Dex: Sure

Typhlosion, Noctowl, Lapras, Heracross, Crobat

Someone else do the firered team. It's been too long since I've played it.

JelloItUp

Challenge Accepted
    Years
  • Typhlosion, Noctowl, Lapras, Heracross, Crobat

Accepted! Going to start now! :3
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________

Forum Username: woopermanstrikesback
    Game Version: Pokemon Fire Red
    NFEs: No

Mr. Mime
    mr-mime.gif

Pinsir
    pinsir.gif

Jolteon
    jolteon.gif

Kingler
    kingler.gif

Wigglytuff
    wigglytuff.gif

Marowak
    marowak.gif

ENJOY

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2023
    Update 4

Badges: 8 (Johto Champion defeated)

We took on Team Rocket, who were not a challenge at all, before we took off to Blackthorn City to get our 8th badge. Feraligatr did most of the work his Ice Fang taking down all the dragons.

We realised we were pretty underleveled though, but we pushed on anyway. I moved down south of Blackthorn City to do some training to finally get Eevee evolved, and at lucky timing he level upped at level 36, so our Espeon knew Psybeam.

Our path to Indigo Plateau was pretty straight forward and our rival didn't put up much of a fight, his Meganium and petal dance being a slight pain, but we battled through and defeated that loser.

Now we took on the elite 4 with our level 37-38 pokemon, and our Quagsire was just there. Feraligatr had no problem in the first fight, Crunching everything after an X Attack to cruise to an easy win.

Espeon took care of the next two fights, setting up X Specials on Forretress before 2HKO'ing it and OHKO'ing everything else in the Koga fight, and Bruno was sweeped pretty comfortably as well.

So our level 41 Espeon was left to take on Lance. It seemed a little out of his abilities, but in the end I played it safe and set up around 10 battle items, amidst healing before OHKO'ing everything with Psybeam, enough to take out his Level 50 Dragonite.

Now its on to Kanto.

160.png

Torrent | M | LVL 40
    Naughty Nature
    Waterfall | Crunch | Surf | Ice Fang

185.png

Rock Head | M | LVL 37
    Lonely Nature
    Flail | Faint Attack | Rock Slide | Strength

196.png

Synchronize | M | LVL 44
    Rash Nature
    Psybeam | Bite | Shadow Ball | Baton Pass

195.png

Water Absorb | F | LVL 34
    Rash Nature
    Surf | Amnesia | Mud Shot | Yawn

Years
  • Finished Random White 2 run! ^^

This one was rather interesting, but team was pretty unbalanced. NFEs were lacking a lot later in the game.

Hall of Fame:
    Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

So... I am currently 5 badges in my Blaze Black 2 run, but to take a little break (while I finish the BB2) from Unova, here is Sinnoh sign-up!

Forum Username: Kostucha
    Game Version: Pokemon Platinum
    Exclude NFEs: No
    National Dex: Yes
    Restrictions:
    -Full NFE team
    -At least 3 Pokemon from Sinnoh
    -No Wynaut

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back