• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamaker

Banned
Years
Hello, do not know if I'm sitting in right but here goes, I just do not get the subject to tiring.

I even finished a rom hack, I domain of the Pokémon Fire Red Hacked Engine, made ​​edits the way I wanted, but I was not sure what to do, missing some things, just that I do not know. so I decided to make another, only'm with 3 glitches.

1. I wanted to know what is the script of the legendary Routine, type wanted to start with a certain initial and wanted to be able to capture the three legendary dogs

2. The Physical and Spcial Split, I can see no way to implement some hack roms with them but do not know how they can do!

3. I know that there is an Ability that is not used in the game Cacophony wanted to put in NO Guard, coming from Generation IV.

Okay, I need a lot of help in these questions, if I'm in the wrong section please let me know I will try to correct my mistake.

Sorry for my bad English.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Hello, do not know if I'm sitting in right but here goes, I just do not get the subject to tiring.

I even finished a rom hack, I domain of the Pokémon Fire Red Hacked Engine, made ​​edits the way I wanted, but I was not sure what to do, missing some things, just that I do not know. so I decided to make another, only'm with 3 glitches.

1. I wanted to know what is the script of the legendary Routine, type wanted to start with a certain initial and wanted to be able to capture the three legendary dogs

2. The Physical and Spcial Split, I can see no way to implement some hack roms with them but do not know how they can do!

3. I know that there is an Ability that is not used in the game Cacophony wanted to put in NO Guard, coming from Generation IV.

Okay, I need a lot of help in these questions, if I'm in the wrong section please let me know I will try to correct my mistake.

Sorry for my bad English.

1: Not a glitch but just read up on diegoisawesome's XSE tutorial and create a wildbattle script.
2: Not a glitch. There are 2 patches for FR: one that adds it, and one that defines the moves as physical/special. Just check its thread.
3: Not a glitch. Use ASM to add No Guard, then completely remove cacophony and create battle scripts which check for no guard and what it does

Dreamaker

Banned
Years
1: Not a glitch but just read up on diegoisawesome's XSE tutorial and create a wildbattle script.
2: Not a glitch. There are 2 patches for FR: one that adds it, and one that defines the moves as physical/special. Just check its thread.
3: Not a glitch. Use ASM to add No Guard, then completely remove cacophony and create battle scripts which check for no guard and what it does

Very nice guy!

About the legendary dogs I just wanted to know the address for me to look at xse

I tested some physical / special split, but did not succeed, could u send me a big favor by making the links? after that I think I know what to do!

on the ability is not so important, but thanks for watching.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Very nice guy!

About the legendary dogs I just wanted to know the address for me to look at xse

I tested some physical / special split, but did not succeed, could u send me a big favor by making the links? after that I think I know what to do!

on the ability is not so important, but thanks for watching.

1: Well if you want to talk to them then battle, it's simple. just a checkflag then cry followed by msgbox followed by wildbattle followed by setflag. Done.

2: do this first to your FR: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wpvmw8m80xmh08b/Fire Red Flawless DPSS DO FIRST.ips
Then this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l6l3s0pjt1rxoiz/physical and special on fire red DO AFTER FIRST.ips

3: ASM isn't hard. Read up on it sometime.

Dreamaker

Banned
Years
Almost perfect split / class changes in game there, just missed the description showing the image if it's physical / special / status

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Epic thanx a lot brother you give me a very very good gift u will really put your name in credits when i will publish our hack thank you :)

Look this is not a major prob but i just need a little help guys this is my script

'-----------------------
#org 0x879999
msgbox 0x88799A3 '"\c\h01ÇHello i am May\nFrom hoenn\n..."
callstd 0x2
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x8799A3
= \c\h01ÇHello i am May\nFrom hoenn\nAnd i here in utrion\nregion to stay\nyay

and this is working when i go to the person the person say this in red that's okay but the person only say to "Hello i am May from hoenn" but the other line "And i am here in iltrion region to say, yay" that line the person didn't say i am thinking that i need to add some more codes right ? Please help :)

Guys i have a junk of Problems and sorry for all disturbation now the problem-

Okay so all goes right i try to use a yes or no script after i do it i complie it then i close the XSE for conformation i checked the script again and there was my script no problem for there then wen i open my game in VBA the game stops or you can say freeze at the main press start menu also when i try to delete the game and agian used another game it happen to it for a less hour the the game starts amazingly nothing problem but just a minute ago the game freeze if i make a script so what is it ? thank you very much for answer my both question in advance please help if you can :)

Here is my script

-----------------------
#org 0x860000
msgbox 0x886000A '"Do you have a Pokemon ?"
callstd 0x5
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x86000A
= Do you have a Pokemon ?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Epic thanx a lot brother you give me a very very good gift u will really put your name in credits when i will publish our hack thank you :)

Look this is not a major prob but i just need a little help guys this is my script

and this is working when i go to the person the person say this in red that's okay but the person only say to "Hello i am May from hoenn" but the other line "And i am here in iltrion region to say, yay" that line the person didn't say i am thinking that i need to add some more codes right ? Please help :)

Guys i have a junk of Problems and sorry for all disturbation now the problem-

Okay so all goes right i try to use a yes or no script after i do it i complie it then i close the XSE for conformation i checked the script again and there was my script no problem for there then wen i open my game in VBA the game stops or you can say freeze at the main press start menu also when i try to delete the game and agian used another game it happen to it for a less hour the the game starts amazingly nothing problem but just a minute ago the game freeze if i make a script so what is it ? thank you very much for answer my both question in advance please help if you can :)

Here is my script

-----------------------
#org 0x860000
msgbox 0x886000A '"Do you have a Pokemon ?"
callstd 0x5
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x86000A
= Do you have a Pokemon ?

Change the text to this:
= \c\h01ÇHello i am May\nFrom hoenn\lAnd i here in utrion\lregion to stay\lyay

Not sure what you mean with the second part though. Are you just having trouble with the script working properly? You need to update XSE and read a scripting tutorial, you're missing a few commands for the yes/no script.

Years
dude i have added closeonpresskey but it still didnt worked

#org 0x8004C2
lock
faceplayer
msgbox 0x880058E MSG_YESNO '"DAD: So [player] you are going to ..."
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x88004E4
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto 0x8800539
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x8004E4
msgbox 0x88005CC MSG_NORMAL '"DAD: Ah,Its the best day for a\ntr..."
applymovement 0x2 0x880069F
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x3
setflag 0x980
applymovement 0x2 0x88006A5
waitmovement 0x0
givepokemon 0x11 0xA 0xD2 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x88006AB MSG_KEEPOPEN '"[black_fr][player] received a\nPik..."
waitfanfare
closeonpresskey
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x800539
msgbox 0x8800621 MSG_NORMAL '"DAD: Oh,you must be kidding I know..."
applymovement 0x2 0x880069F
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x3
setflag 0x980
applymovement 0x2 0x88006A5
waitmovement 0x0
givepokemon 0x11 0x10 0x44 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x88006AB MSG_KEEPOPEN '"[black_fr][player] received a\nPik..."
waitfanfare
closeonpresskey
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x80058E
= DAD: So [player] you are going to start\nyour own Pokemon journey?

#org 0x8005CC
= DAD: Ah,Its the best day for a\ntrainer's life I have something\lfor you.Cubone ...\l

#org 0x8006AB
= [black_fr][player] received a\nPikachu from DAD.

#org 0x800621
= DAD: Oh,you must be kidding I know\nits the best day for a trainer's\llife I have something for\lyou.Cubone please can you...\l

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x80069F
#raw 0x66 'Happy ()
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x8006A5
#raw 0x66 'Happy ()
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

ep!c

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2015
@Rhytham:

Hey dude, making callstd 0x5 pop ups a Yes/No-box.
But you cant just make a message, then callstd 5 and its fine..
You need to compare, whether you answered Yes or No.
This works like that:

msgbox @blabla
callstd 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call @yes
if 0x0 call @no

#org @yes
... do something

#org @no
... do something

@up

The command is "closeonkeypress" and not "closeonpresskey"

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 20, 2021
Whenever I compile the following script in Pokemon Ruby, it causes the ROM to be unplayable.

#org 0x8001000
'-----------------------------------

checkflag 0x8D3
if 0x1 goto @badge
release
end

#dyn @badge
checkflag 0x807
if 0x1 goto @msg
release
end

#org @msg
= ???: Bravi....Bravi..../nBravisimo.

setflag 0x8D3

What I'm trying to do is have the message appear after the player beats the first gym.

Last edited:

ep!c

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2015
lol.
0x8001000 means, that XSE compiles it as "00010008" bytes, which is a pointer
to "001000" xD

Furthermore, you cant just make "if 0x1 goto @msg"
and then let the message appear.
You must do it like this ..

if 0x1 goto @msg

#org @msg
msgbox @text
callstd 0x6

ep!c

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2015
You need to find the ASM-Routine, which runs the intro, and change something there..
Doesn't fit into the Script-thread tho.

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
Years
You need to find the ASM-Routine, which runs the intro, and change something there..
Doesn't fit into the Script-thread tho.

I asked it several times in the simpel questions forum but i got no answer

Could you pm me how to find a ASM routine or link me a tutorial cause i am new to ASM

Thanks

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 31, 2013
Firered
When i talk to the person the script runs though but when i re-enter the map he reappears, i have set his person Id on a-map to 0900

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Firered
When i talk to the person the script runs though but when i re-enter the map he reappears, i have set his person Id on a-map to 0900

Spoiler:

I think you should use a different flag, I think it will work if you use a different flag. Use flag 40 or something, but 900 is TOOO high. Use this as a guide to what flags you should be using: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6829256&postcount=158

Also you don't need to check flag command. If flag 900 is already set, then you won't be able to see that sprite anyway. He will dissapear and you can't talk to him anymore. So you don't need that first checkflag command, just make it go straight to @main

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
@Rhytham:

Hey dude, making callstd 0x5 pop ups a Yes/No-box.
But you cant just make a message, then callstd 5 and its fine..
You need to compare, whether you answered Yes or No.
This works like that:

msgbox @blabla
callstd 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call @yes
if 0x0 call @no

#org @yes
... do something

#org @no
... do something

@up

The command is "closeonkeypress" and not "closeonpresskey"

sorry but i didn't even understand a word :(

what is @up and you didn't wrote Closeonkeypress in the script and ahh... Please write a script then give me the example i mean don't use etc blabla or ...do something give me a real example thax and sorry

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
Does anyone know where I can find - or how I can edit the scripts for entering the Regi caves?

- Or how a new such script can be made for a new cave?

ep!c

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2015
A "levelscript" decides, whether the cave is opened or not.
As soon as specific conditions are fulfilled, the script calls a setmaptile-command
or something and the cave is opened :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
Ow right, "levelscript".. What would I have to do to make "my own" regi chamber? I want the player to have certain Unown pokemon in his team (pretty much like what you have to do to open the caves in the first place). If I could just open the R/S/E script on this chamber, I ithink I could manage to make my own.. But I dont know where to find it. Advance Map have no scripts in this map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back