• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2014
    Hey guys, first timer needing help with a FR script
    Okay I'm relatively new to this but have been making quick progress with XSE over the past few days. What I'm trying to accomplish is essentially a check to see if the player has already obtained the National Dex (the goal is to open up a new area of the map once the national dex is obtained). I understand that to activate the Nat Dex you use special 0x16F, but I haven't the slightest idea with how to perform a check. Any suggestions ?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Hey guys, first timer needing help with a FR script
    Okay I'm relatively new to this but have been making quick progress with XSE over the past few days. What I'm trying to accomplish is essentially a check to see if the player has already obtained the National Dex (the goal is to open up a new area of the map once the national dex is obtained). I understand that to activate the Nat Dex you use special 0x16F, but I haven't the slightest idea with how to perform a check. Any suggestions ?

checkflag/setflag
    or
    setvar/compare

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2014
    checkflag/setflag
    or
    setvar/compare

I've tried checkflag but have had no luck. Here is a rough approximation of what I have so far:

#dynamic 0x71EA08
    #org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x500
    checkflag 0x16F
    compare 0x800D 0x1
    if 0x1 goto @natdex
    compare 0x800D 0x0
    if 0x0 goto @nonatdex
    end

#org @natdex
    applymovement 0x3 @exclaim
    msgbox @enter 0x6
    setflag 0x500
    release
    end

#org @nonatdex
    msgbox @sorry 0x6
    applymovement 0xff @move
    applymovement 0x3 @push
    waitmovement 0x0
    release
    end

#org @enter
    = Oh, that's the NATIONAL POK\h1BDEX!\nPlease, go right on ahead!

#org @sorry
    = I'm sorry, this area is off limits\nuntil you have obtained the\pNATIONAL POK\h1BDEX.

#org @exclaim
    #raw 0x62

#org @move
    #raw 0x10

#org @push
    #raw 0x10
    #raw 0x11
    #raw 0x0

GoGoJJTech

Years
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2014
    Waitwaitwait
    special and checkflag do not do the same thing. also, flag 500 is not safe.
    third, read diegoisawesome's xse tutorial on flags or this one:

OK so I've altered it to now check to see if the player has beaten the Elite Four at least once, which should be flag 82C. So what I now have is:

#dynamic 0x71EA08
    #org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x200
    checkflag 0x82C
    compare 0x800D 0x1
    if 0x1 goto @natdex
    compare 0x800D 0x0
    if 0x0 goto @nonatdex
    end

but still no joy.

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • OK so I've altered it to now check to see if the player has beaten the Elite Four at least once, which should be flag 82C. So what I now have is:

but still no joy.

That's wrong. If you beat the e4 then it should continue. plus the format for checkflag is:
    checkflag 0x(#)
    if 0x1 goto @yesit'sset
    goto @nowaybro

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2014
    That's wrong. If you beat the e4 then it should continue. plus the format for checkflag is:
    checkflag 0x(#)
    if 0x1 goto @yesit'sset
    goto @nowaybro

OK, so technically this should work ?

#dynamic 0x71EA08
    #org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x200
    checkflag 0x82C
    if 0x1 goto @natdex
    goto @nonatdex
    end

Still not working

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2014
    One checkflag man. Your checking 200 then 82c or whatever, so 200 is totally being bypassed. Also how do you mean not working?

Even without the
    checkflag 0x200
    i get nothing. The person I'm supposed to be talking to just says nothing at all. Here is where I'm at now:

//---------------
    #dynamic 0x71EA08
    #org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x82C
    if 0x1 goto @natdex
    goto @nonatdex
    end

#org @natdex
    applymovement 0x4 @exclaim
    msgbox @enter 0x6
    release
    end

#org @nonatdex
    msgbox @sorry 0x6
    applymovement 0xff @move
    applymovement 0x4 @push
    waitmovement 0x0
    release
    end

#org @enter

#org @sorry
    = I'm sorry, this area is off limits\nuntil you have obtained the\pNATIONAL POK\h1BDEX.

#org @exclaim
    #raw 0x62

#org @move
    #raw 0x10

#org @push
    #raw 0x10
    #raw 0x11
    #raw 0x0

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Even without the
    checkflag 0x200
    i get nothing. The person I'm supposed to be talking to just says nothing at all. Here is where I'm at now:

1 you forgot a waitmovement
    2 at the end of each movement you need a
    #raw 0xfe​
    This is the terminator byte for movements, much how ff is the terminator for texts

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2014
    1 you forgot a waitmovement
    2 at the end of each movement you need a
    #raw 0xfe​
    This is the terminator byte for movements, much how ff is the terminator for texts

Thanks for the help, I'm getting a lot closer now.
    OK so now the NPC will interact correctly but after the script is executed the player is unable to move.

#org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x82C
    if 0x1 goto @natdex
    goto @nonatdex
    end

#org @natdex
    applymovement 0x4 @exclaim
    waitmovement 0x0
    msgbox @enter 0x6
    release
    end

#org @nonatdex
    msgbox @sorry 0x6
    applymovement 0xff @move
    applymovement 0x4 @push
    waitmovement 0x0
    release
    end

#org @enter

#org @sorry

#org @exclaim
    #raw 0x62
    #raw 0xfe

#org @move
    #raw 0x10
    #raw 0xfe

#org @push
    #raw 0x10
    #raw 0x11
    #raw 0x0
    #raw 0xfe

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Thanks for the help, I'm getting a lot closer now.
    OK so now the NPC will interact correctly but after the script is executed the player is unable to move.

If it's a level script you need to cancel the 0xFFFF in the header script.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2014
    Oh wow I see the issue. You forgot to move the guard out of the way bro.

Nono, the idea is that if you talk to the guard he will either let you pass or not, but there is also a gap next to him that will have another script that essentially makes him talk to you and push you backwards. The issue isn't that he goes back to his original position and I can't get past him, the issue now is that once he has successfully pushed the player backwards all of the players movements freeze.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • Nono, the idea is that if you talk to the guard he will either let you pass or not, but there is also a gap next to him that will have another script that essentially makes him talk to you and push you backwards. The issue isn't that he goes back to his original position and I can't get past him, the issue now is that once he has successfully pushed the player backwards all of the players movements freeze.

In A-Map, is the guard's movement set to "No movement" or "Look down"? If it's look down, change it to no movement and check it in-game.

Years
  • So i just applied Jpan engine, i just realized that the patch clear out every script in my ROM, including PokemonCenter script, any help for making a pokemon center script? i'd only know special 0x1 (which is used for healing your party) but there should be a command to make a pokemon center animation, any help? i'm not really asking for a script, but i'd be really glad if someone give me an example script

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • So i just applied Jpan engine, i just realized that the patch clear out every script in my ROM, including PokemonCenter script, any help for making a pokemon center script? i'd only know special 0x1 (which is used for healing your party) but there should be a command to make a pokemon center animation, any help? i'm not really asking for a script, but i'd be really glad if someone give me an example script

In the "Hack Applier" folder, go to the "Script" folder, then open "Nurse original script.rbc".
    These files should be default set to XSE opening. Plus it's special 0x0 since 0 is the first slot. Just an FYI.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back