• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen making movies

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • As we all know there was a new feature in Pokemon black 2 white 2 games and I would say it was the best ever I saw in any pokemon game and that was you could make movies and be a star around, how much did you liked the feature? How many movies did you made?

Years
  • Actually I Think No one enjoyed Making Movies :(

Ah, I think most people are just butthurt by the tutorial you're required to go through first time coming to it in the game, which stains their perspective of it.

In all seriousness though, I actually enjoyed this feature quite a bit, and I have good endings on all the films in my main game and have even gotten strange endings on some of them. One day i'll get the strange endings on all of them...

Years
  • Eh, they were a nice sidequest for me when I would be bored...Anyways, I finally completed all the movies this summer, that took forever. I only did it so my trainer card would turn orange.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I actually found it quite challenging in some of the final ones i did everyone of them but 4 i believe ;)
    Really though it got extremely hard for me has anyone done all of them?

Years
  • I think the Pokestar Studios sidequest was fun, but I ended up losing interest because there was one movie I could not beat successfully (I think it was the one you were forced to use a Woobat pitted up against Sabrina's Swoobat and it had a difficult requisite to meet) but it was still fun doing some of these movies and you do get some nice items out of it which is awesome.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't believe I've put much time under the studios, unfortunately.

If I remember correctly, only time I had made a movie here was when I had to, as it was a part of main story-line. Afterward, all of it had been gone ignored. Although there are many players out there who find this to be fun, in my eyes, it was sort of a different story.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Ah, I think most people are just butthurt by the tutorial you're required to go through first time coming to it in the game, which stains their perspective of it.

I am one of those people. To this day, I dread that part of the game the most because I just...hate it. It's a drag, it doesn't interest me, it has no relevance to the plot of the game other than the fact they forced it into that subplot with Roxie's dad, but it doesn't count since it was really forced...yeah. I have a big distaste for having to do things like that when I don't want to, haha. So that pretty much sums up my answer to this thread. :P

And I just restarted White 2 an hour or so ago and guess what I'll have to deal with soon? Ugh...

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • PokeStar Studios

NTCZ0vW.png

So in B2/W2 you got introduced to the great PokeStar Studios building and even met the person in charge eventually! Most people believe this was meant to replace the pokemon musical in BW, So what did you guys think of this new place? Did anyone complete all the movies? Or did you just ignore this optional little challenge and continue on your journey?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I pretty sure everyone who comes to 5th Gen has heard me confess my love to PokeStar Studios already lol

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • I don't find it a bad concept. And I can't understand people who dislike on the basis of having to go through a tutorial. (They make you go through a Pokemon catching tutorial in Kanto, why isn't anyone hating on Pokemon captures then?)

I like the different endings and costumes. It's also quite cool to see yourself dressed up for the part.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I made several movies thought some of them are good rating, some are neutral rating and other are sucky. The movie thing is gimmicky and confusing and I dislike if I just a pokemon rented from the movie instead of a party

Years
  • ^ Yeah, that was a major surprise. You know, when I got to Pokéstar Studios in my Black 2 adventure, the QotD I provided asked if people thought the good guy winning was overrated. Some people thought it was...and that would kinda explain why the strange endings get so much more to you than the good endings do.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I've completed every movies. :) Since it's one of the requirements for Trainer Card upgrades. It can be tiring since it's repetitive. XD

Years
  • ^ Me too. It wasn't as difficult as some people say it is, but I enjoyed making the movies at least. As for me, I think the movie series I liked the most was the Ghost Eraser series, those ones really had me consumed. Everlasting Memories had strong feels tho ;_;

Reactions: Sun

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    ^ Me too. It wasn't as difficult as some people say it is, but I enjoyed making the movies at least. As for me, I think the movie series I liked the most was the Ghost Eraser series, those ones really had me consumed. Everlasting Memories had strong feels tho ;_;

Yeah, it wasn't that difficult, PWT is!
    I'd like to add that, completing certain movies give easy and early access to good recovery items like Lava Cookies and Hyper Potions. :)

Years
  • I was working on them out of curiosity if I would unlock anything. So far I have a few series done perfectly, but quit after becoming hopelessly stuck on one (I think it's one of the movies with Sabrina). Sure the tutorial was irritating to say the least, but seeing as I've already survived the Musical tutorial in the original BW, I'm not going to complain.

Reactions: Sun
    Back