• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Majora's Mask 3D

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
  • Okay, so I just finished reading about the changes, and one of them made me lol really hard:

"Link can also transform into the Fierce Deity inside the two Fishing Holes."

...Should we expect a monstrous fish that's even stronger than Majora? xD

Spoiler:

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Okay, so I just finished reading about the changes, and one of them made me lol really hard:

"Link can also transform into the Fierce Deity inside the two Fishing Holes."

...Should we expect a monstrous fish that's even stronger than Majora? xD

Spoiler:

Maybe you can catch another gyorg?

It'd be like my worst nightmare, trying to have a relaxing day of fishing when the worst boss ever rears its horrifying, rotting head

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • I'm really excited for this game, and I really home the alleviation of some tedious parts will make my boyfriend play. He hates the game. It's my favourite in the entire series, followed by Twilight Princess and WindWaker, Ocarina of Time tied.

No good pre-order bonuses up here, though. EB Games wants you to order that AND another really random stupid third-party weirdo 3DS game to get a bronze Majora's Mask keychain LOL not happening.

I'll buy Majora's Mask probably next month ☺

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Anyone else notice the MH4 "Limited Edition" of the New 3DS has been removed from Nintendo's site, but the Majora's Mask regular "Edition" is still there?

Clicky.

Now let's all speculate that this either means Nintendo is lazy, or there may very well be more of them to come. And we'll all get our hopes up for nothing. ;)

Although nothing I've put into google has given me any answers about this whatsoever, nor have I seen anything mentioned in the very few forums I visit. For all I know, Nintendo is just tugging at my wittle heart again.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I seriously can't wait. I've never played Majora's Mask before(I know, I'm a loser), so I've been looking forward to this happening for YEARS.

Thank god my GameStop is doing a midnight release *^*

Belldandy

Years
  • I have Majora's Mask on my WiiU as a port :pink_nod: was definitely worth the 250 coins last year! I can't wait for this generation who never has the MM experience (due to being too young) to play this game. I'm sure there will be so many new fans now. It's such a twisted game with so many mature themes, but it's beautiful.

EB Games here isn't doing a midnight release at all. I think Nintendo used the eShop version to also guestimate interest in the title :pink_nod:

Belldandy

Years
  • ...I never played just because when I was 8, I was a loser and the moon scared the hell out of me ;_;

I was 10! It scared me, too LOL so stressful. The zonbiw teddies in Conker's Bad Fur Day were worse for me, though. That was my limit.

Dustmop

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I was 10! It scared me, too LOL so stressful. The zombie teddies in Conker's Bad Fur Day were worse for me, though. That was my limit.

I always really liked the teddiz in mutliplayer.. The zombies later on in the actual story, not so much, lol.

The moon in MM never really got to me, but I never wanted to get that heart piece from the blue arm that comes out of the toilet in the inn -- later named him The Hand in the Can™.
    10-year-old me had no qualms playing Resident Evil 0, but a blue arm flailing out of a toilet bowl was just too much. D:

Meadow

Years
  • Whoa! The game came out today?! I didn't pre-order it because I thought it was literally coming out in late March or something along those lines. O_O

(I should've kept an eye on it... sigh.)

Dustmop

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Whoa! The game came out today?! I didn't pre-order it because I thought it was literally coming out in late March or something along those lines. O_O

Yep! Came out today, and every game-related website I visit is reminding me that I... probably should have pre-ordered it, too. lol

But here I am, relying on wal-mart to have stocked enough copies that my boyfriend can grab one on his way home from work. :( Fingers crossed!

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • Whoa! The game came out today?! I didn't pre-order it because I thought it was literally coming out in late March or something along those lines. O_O

The person I was standing behind during the midnight release didn't find out until that day either. He also thought it came out in March.

As far as I know, there's extra copies everywhere! At least there are at my local GameStop haha.

Meadow

Years
  • Ah, cool!

I'm not exactly sure when I'll be able to get the game, but I definitely look forward to reading everyone's opinions once they have played it. =D

Dustmop

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Ah, cool!

I'm not exactly sure when I'll be able to get the game, but I definitely look forward to reading everyone's opinions once they have played it. =D

In the mean time, they've added a couple Majora's Mask themes to the 3DS.

Either to hold you over, or to remind you daily that you need to pick it up. :P

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • My manager at GameStop was like "WHAAAAT!? You work here and didn't preorder?!" when I came to get my game today, haha. tbh I didn't even think about it because for a while, I wasn't sure I'd get the game. I only decided pretty recently that I was gonna pick it up. I usually only preorder if it's something that there's not going to be a lot of (Amiibos) or if there's a poster or something cool for doing so (Pokemon, usually).

Anyway, I got my copy today and played for like two hours mainly looking for those bomber kids! lol They moved a couple of them from their original spots, so I failed once...have fun searching, y'all! ;)

Belldandy

Years
  • SoooOOOOooo does anyone wanna tell me whether or not I should get this game asap if it's my favourite of the series :pink_tongue:? I'm'a kinda poor and facing many expenses right now, but if it's totally the shishnits then I'll make the trip in -40 weather.

Years
  • I had the legend of Zelda anniversary disk for Gamecube, but I was only 5, couldn't read, and had no idea what I was doing. I got to the clock town and stopped playing because the moon killed me in the 3 days. In Oot I got stuck at the Deku Tree ;~;

Sir Codin

Well, I got the game, then I find out my 3DS L-button is broken.

Fuuuuuu-----

Belldandy

Years
  • I got the game two days ago. I'm actually a little disappointed. It's my favourite in the series after all.

I thought the change in location for the Bomber kids was cute, but less challenging. I found them way too easily.

Odolwa was completely messed up. His AI forces him just to stand there. Usually, he'd run around, send fire from the heavens alongside those pesky fire-loving butterflies (you see these in the temple, too; they're pretty hurty), create heavy rockfalls, summon random bugs and slash at you with his sword. Now he just stands there. Plus, his sound effects still mimic his old attacks, so it looks and sounds really weird! He doesn't even do that calling-out stance when he summons the fire butterflies.

That, and what is with that eye? The Hell? Could it have been any more obvious that there was a dramatic change from the get-go? You just drop a Deku Nut and hack and slash twice (about ten hits) and he dies. He honestly lets you kill him on purpose. Overall, he came at me with his sword twice (I stood next to him the entire battle, seriously, just to see what the heck was going on there), called down rocks once and summoned bugs once. Everything was so aimless and pointless and dumbed-down. It was awful.

The Goron doesn't require a hold-B to charge the spikes either. It automatically spikes after a certain delay. This can actually be rather annoying. Sometimes I don't want to roll around with spikes and it wastes my magic gauge (I have a double gauge, but still). The final boss in Snowpeak requires you to master the spike ability before you can defeat him. With it having been simplified, I can only imagine that that boss has been dumbed down, too :pink_frown:

Favourite game ever, and it went from a 19.5/20 for me on N64 to a 16/20. Need classic mode or hero mode on 3DS. Seriously. I was so sad about it :pink_no:

Great graphics, though, but doesn't make up for it. Storyline is intact, but God, the difficulty alongside the story was the greatest part of Majora's Mask. It wasn't a pansy game. Now it's way too simplified.

[Edit]

Also, not a huge deal, but savepoints in the dungeon? Bite me, Nintendo.

Back