• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

TY

Well AoE2 is more successful than AoM, but if AoE2 got one, maybe AoM could get one too.

At least, a better one than the Atlanteans.

Well it's for the HD remake to begin with, just like the Forgotten expansion only was a HD-only expansion. It depends really if a game gets another expansion since it requires the devteam to actually bother making one.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Hello, VG section! I'm here because I'm pretty pleased that I discovered two things:

- Zone of the Enders has an HD Collection - what a great game, super underrated, and if you haven't tried this you owe it to yourself to do so. might not be your style if you're not a huge gundam-esque kinda person though, but the battles are just exhilarating.

- Sly Cooper was apparently remade in HD. To be honest, I've never really played the Sly Cooper games back when they were made for the PS2, so I really need some feedback here. Has anyone had any positive feedback regarding any of the Sly Cooper series, and is it worth it to try out? Also considering going back to some Spyro games for nostalgic purposes...
    Being a major fan, and owner of the original releasrs, I would never suggest anyone to play the HD remasters of ZOE . There are some weird framerate changes where the gameplay is made easier with the pace being slowed down.

In other news, Capcom just threw this out of nowhere!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YNAdEcT_WXs
    Mon Hun stories looks to be going for the yougins, but I'll be damned if Mon Hun the JRPG isn't the next best thing since sliced bread. Can someone tell me how the hell Capcom is killing it on the 3DS but failing elsewhere?

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Basically the framerate drops well below 60, making your actions delayed compared to when you input the controls, and in general enemy reactions are also slower. Not unplayable, just not the breaking fast speed of the ps2 games. There is a patch, but I dunno if its live still, or if anyone doesnt have internet then dont buy it.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • In other news, Capcom just threw this out of nowhere!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YNAdEcT_WXs
    Mon Hun stories looks to be going for the yougins, but I'll be damned if Mon Hun the JRPG isn't the next best thing since sliced bread. Can someone tell me how the hell Capcom is killing it on the 3DS but failing elsewhere?
    Certainly intriguing. Wonder how that'll turn out and who is making it. Colourful as heck and riding monsters into battle? Oh my.

Capcom may be failing elsewhere due to a bunch of decisions like no Megaman, insisting stuff sells millions for them to continue it, etc...

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Can anyone recommend me good "best of" lists for consoles? It's highly subjective, but still. I want to get rid of ROMs I'll never bother playing.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Certainly intriguing. Wonder how that'll turn out and who is making it. Colourful as heck and riding monsters into battle? Oh my.

Capcom may be failing elsewhere due to a bunch of decisions like no Megaman, insisting stuff sells millions for them to continue it, etc...
    Its definitely the main MonHun team behind this, or at least the Portable team. Games been in the works for 5 or so years apparently, which puts us somewhere near the point when the last "portable" title was out. I just hope if this is the new direction mentioned a while back in interviews, that Capcom isn't deciding on spreading out. What I mean is , I can easily see this as a move for the main series to go to a more " mature" platform, while MonHun on Nintendo platfirms continye with this series. I doubt it, as MonHun 4 had as much success as it would have had elsewhere, if not more due to Nintendo's marketing, and not to mention the fanbase probably wouldn't make such a move to the PS4 from the 3DS as they did from the psp. I say PS4 cause it would be the only other viable platform. Ah well, more monhun is only a good thing, and we only have to wait till the end of may to see what else is in store.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Can anyone recommend me good "best of" lists for consoles? It's highly subjective, but still. I want to get rid of ROMs I'll never bother playing.
    So...you want people to give you a list of games for you to pirate so you can weed out the ones you don't want?

...This isn't so much a morality thing for piracy, but I'll just say that if you are going to pirate them, there really isn't much harm in just trying them out yourself. It'd be best if you looked up any old list and went from there.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • If you're getting a game for free I don't see the point in not giving it a chance. It'd be different if you were going out and spending 5-10 dollars on each game someone recommends you but if you're just getting the roms you might as well just look at one of the most downloaded or highest rated lists on whatever site you're using and give them a chance. There's no reason not to, and if you find that you don't like it it's not a big deal to just delete the game. Though if you do find a game you like I would recommend going out and buying it afterwards because playing on an actual system is a much better experience and it's not frowned upon or as illegal. :)

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • So...you want people to give you a list of games for you to pirate so you can weed out the ones you don't want?

...This isn't so much a morality thing for piracy, but I'll just say that if you are going to pirate them, there really isn't much harm in just trying them out yourself. It'd be best if you looked up any old list and went from there.

Stop being a moralist. I own or have owned many of the games I have. Besides, there are hundreds or even thousands of games available for consoles, it's impossible to play them all and there's no harm in trimming my collection, for HDD space reasons and convenience.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Stop being a moralist. I own or have owned many of the games I have. Besides, there are hundreds or even thousands of games available for consoles, it's impossible to play them all and there's no harm in trimming my collection, for HDD space reasons and convenience.
    As I already said, it has nothing to do with morals.

It's simply that, because you're pirating this and because it's a matter of narrowing down from an already available catalog, I see no reason that you can't try them yourself and then trim off the edges based on your own judgment. Pretty much any list you can look up will assist you, and their legitimacy will be pretty apparent.

As a pirate myself, arguing morals is hardly just- not that I care, I'll try to talk people out of piracy in a heartbeat as a shameless hypocrite- but that's not what's happening here. You're asking for help, and this is what I have to offer, no opinion attached.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • As I already said, it has nothing to do with morals.

It's simply that, because you're pirating this and because it's a matter of narrowing down from an already available catalog, I see no reason that you can't try them yourself and then trim off the edges based on your own judgment. Pretty much any list you can look up will assist you, and their legitimacy will be pretty apparent.

As a pirate myself, arguing morals is hardly just- not that I care, I'll try to talk people out of piracy in a heartbeat as a shameless hypocrite- but that's not what's happening here. You're asking for help, and this is what I have to offer, no opinion attached.

That's ok, but it's impossible to try all games. There are hundreds of them. I've already deleted the non-USA releases and the list is still too big for me to bother trying all of them before deleting them.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    So that squeenix teaser site....it WAS for star ocean 5! And its not for mobile. There is a god!gematsu.com/2015/04/star-ocean-5-announced-for-ps4-ps3

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Looking for simple games

Hi, I was wondering something, do any of you know of any simple video games I could try? All these platform fighting games stress me out. I'm looking for an adventure game that actually is a platform game but there's no fighting or any challenges in it to overcome. Basically something like, Mickey's Magical Mirror for Nintendo Gamecube if any of you remember that, all you did was explore around and look for things. I'm looking for games that would be suited for a 5 year old. And you know games for that age have no fighting in it at all, just puzzles you have to figure out. Reason I want this is cause games when they stress me out I get sick which is why I'm asking for simple adventure games.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I'm already planning on getting a Wii U, but hot damn is this THE incentive to own one:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=2bT94DXYohc
    -Antigrav Baby Park
    -200cc
    Music speeds up for each lap

Just watch, its madness!!!
    They put a freaking barrier in the middle wtf. :|
    The biggest reason Baby Park was so great was the sheer chaos of items bouncing and shooting everywhere - shells flying across the median, etc. Kind of seems like an unnecessary change.

Bay

Years
  • Hi, I was wondering something, do any of you know of any simple video games I could try? All these platform fighting games stress me out. I'm looking for an adventure game that actually is a platform game but there's no fighting or any challenges in it to overcome. Basically something like, Mickey's Magical Mirror for Nintendo Gamecube if any of you remember that, all you did was explore around and look for things. I'm looking for games that would be suited for a 5 year old. And you know games for that age have no fighting in it at all, just puzzles you have to figure out. Reason I want this is cause games when they stress me out I get sick which is why I'm asking for simple adventure games.

Hm, this is actually pretty tough to answer as the people here tend to go for a bit more challenging games. I never played the Professor Layton games, but I hear they're puzzle ones and pretty good so you might give those a try if you have the consoles for it. I think they're in DS/3DS. If you want something else a bit different, there's the Animal Crossing series too. No puzzles, but you interact with animal villagers and make your town/house/etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back