• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi!

or some say Kosm...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2017
    It was really awesome to be super stealthy through the whole game. There were some awesome areas like the Sarif offices and Hengsha and the whole game had a great atmosphere. Too bad the bosses sucked, but I think they're working on that for the new one.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    aaaaa i finally finished a complete run in binding of isaac rebirth i'm so happy!!!!!

...sorry for hijacking the thread haha

Years
    I'll just combine those last two things :3

I really want to play a Deus Ex game, but I have a million other games to beat/play/even start.

As for Issac, it's a meh game for me. I don't know about rebirth, since I only have the first one, but it's kinda stupid to me.

Hi!

or some say Kosm...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2017
    oh man I love Isaac so much. I've put I think around 150 hours into Rebirth alone!

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
    I had the latest Deus Ex game but only played a bit of it. At the time it wasn't for me, and I've since regretted trading it in.

Binding Of Issac has been in my backlog for some time. What kind of game would you describe it as?

Yukari

I absolutely loved the original Deus Ex and Human Revolution. Though, I don't play the latter as much as the former. (Mainly because of how poorly it runs on my PC.)

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    Trailer seems pretty cool - didn't show any gameplay, but the premise seems promising. Kind of makes me want to play Deus Ex.
    I should probably do that since I've had Human Revolution sitting in my Steam account for a couple years. >_>

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Good googly moogly was that amazing. And the hint of Nano-Augmentations at the end was even better. I seriously hope that sometime after this game with M-12 being hinted to having a big part in the story(well, that trailer looks like Adam's gonna go investigating) we get a post Deus Ex in the future, perhaps erasing Invisble Wars from the canon, or redoing it. That thing is a plague compared to the rest of the series. At least Squeenix knows that they have a winner and they're not fucking around with it too much.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
    I always meant to buy Human Revolution; but it stayed at 60 dollars for so long after it came out, my waiting for the price drop beat my buying it out. :I

Exciting to hear about a sequel though; the original looked fun- and with this one out maybe the first will drop in price further :p

Years
    I have FF7 on Steam but played it only a few times. Liked it so far from what little I played. Also I am still working on my replay of Pokemon Silver, and got my team all planned out. Here's who I have:
    Croconaw
    Hoothoot
    Flaafy
    Scyther

I plan on getting Eevee to turn into Espeon and tomorrow when the the Time Capsule is done I am going to get Charmander.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    ...Why, exactly?
    You know how they've been going around and making HD remakes of some of their titles? Well they said they'd make a FF7 remake too but seemingly with the same graphics and such. I mean just why? The game will have two remakes now (the one on Steam + PS4) and they haven't even bothered to properly remake them like the others. That just makes no sense...
    Oh yeah I deeply enjoyed FF7 if you couldn't tell

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    You know how they've been going around and making HD remakes of some of their titles? Well they said they'd make a FF7 remake too but seemingly with the same graphics and such. I mean just why? The game will have two remakes now (the one on Steam + PS4) and they haven't even bothered to properly remake them like the others. That just makes no sense...
    Oh yeah I deeply enjoyed FF7 if you couldn't tell
    Final Fantasy VII hasn't had a single remake. The only HD remakes they've made are of FFX, as well as the Kingdom Hearts Collections. And Type-0- kudos to that one for finally making it over.

If you're talking about ports, there are two reasons: money and availability. Not only are ports cheap, but they give people more outlets to buy the games and more ways to play.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    Final Fantasy VII hasn't had a single remake. The only HD remakes they've made are of FFX, as well as the Kingdom Hearts Collections. And Type-0- kudos to that one for finally making it over.

If you're talking about ports, there are two reasons: money and availability. Not only are ports cheap, but they give people more outlets to buy the games and more ways to play.
    Apologies, I meant ports. I keep mixing them with remakes haha

But really it's really frustrating to not find a good enough port, I really think they prolly could've done something cool on PS4 or maybe that's just me being hard to please.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Apologies, I meant ports. I keep mixing them with remakes haha

But really it's really frustrating to not find a good enough port, I really think they prolly could've done something cool on PS4 or maybe that's just me being hard to please.
    They could have, but you have to realize it's probably not so much that they missed an opportunity so much as it is that they simply didn't do it because they can afford not to. They know that people want a Final Fantasy VII remake, and that's why they can continue to hang it over our heads for so long. Despite how pissed people get, it's guaranteed millions, an ace in the hole (especially if we're talking console-quality remakes). It's the same for any of the FF's, really, but this is more the case for Final Fantasy VII than any of the others.

In short, they haven't made high-quality, high-budget remakes because they don't need to. It's not really inherently asshole-ish, though the way they intentionally tease something they have no intention of doing in the near future is.

Relevant and NSFW

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back