• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you not listening to?

Years
  • Basically, post songs that you strongly dislike and don't want to have to hear again.

Blasterjaxx - Lucky Number 13

Sir Codin

One of the worst songs ever written.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm not listening to Animals by Maroon 5. Every time I hear Adam Levine howl about hunting down and eating his lover, my gag reflex trembles.

Years
  • can i never hear do what u want by lady gaga and r kelly again? that song is horrific.

Todd in the Shadows would disagree with you on that one. :P (To be fair, he admits that was the song he had the hardest time putting on his list last year.)

I'm not listening to Animals by Maroon 5. Every time I hear Adam Levine howl about hunting down and eating his lover, my gag reflex trembles.

I'm with you there, One More Night may have been stupid but at least it was catchy. Animals is just obnoxious in every regard.

As for a song I myself can vent to? I would really rather not hear All About That Bass by Meghan Trainor. But my hate for that one is not because it calls people "skinny b***hes" and that she says we "think we're fat" (although that doesn't help) - I can't stand it because Trainor's high-pitched voice is absolutely insufferable on it. That stupid chorus that beats you over the head with the line "all about that bass, bout that bass, no treble" gets pretty obnoxious. And is it just me or does she totally take off of Justin Timberlake's "SexyBack" when she says she's "bringing booty back"? Surprisingly, I found Lips are Movin' to be much more listenable.

Years
  • Ever since my experience listening to it lately, 7/11 by Beyonce is just nothing but a huge joke. Her voice sounds so annoying there, in fact very eerily similar to Azealia Banks, who I thought already had one of the most annoying vocals in music already.

Also, a lot of hits where major pop stars collaborate with rappers. A lot of songs following this formula fall flat for me very badly, and there's some that are this taken up to an even worse notch, such as Hall Of Fame by The Script. The lyrics were good, but the reason why it sucked for me was the fact they did a pointless collab with will.i.am (aka that annoying guy from Black Eyed Peas) for it, and it ruins the song because he doesn't blend in with it, and as a result I would have tolerated it more if he wasn't there.

And any songs that sound like a genre that doesn't suit the artist, such as the example with Beyonce I mentioned earlier, but the most jarring for me was Shake It Off by Taylor Swift. I really hate that she changed her genre from her old country-pop sound to full-on generic pop, and it doesn't help that Shake It Off is getting overplayed a lot right now.

And speaking of overplayed crap, Crazy by Gnarls Barkley and Hey Ya! by Outkast are two songs that were spammed so much I never want to hear them again. They were very intolerable songs for me.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • And speaking of overplayed crap, Crazy by Gnarls Barkley and Hey Ya! by Outkast are two songs that were spammed so much I never want to hear them again. They were very intolerable songs for me.
    AWWWW I still think those are two of the best pop songs of the past 15 years or so. moreso "Hey Ya!" but "Crazy" is still pretty good.

as for me, this happens very rarely to me and when it does I flush the song out of my memory usually. one song that this did not happen with was "Somebody That I Used to Know" by Gotye, which I listened to roughly 25 times in a row the first time I heard it and now I still think it's probably the best chart topping song of the millennium. it's so good.

Years
  • AWWWW I still think those are two of the best pop songs of the past 15 years or so. moreso "Hey Ya!" but "Crazy" is still pretty good.

as for me, this happens very rarely to me and when it does I flush the song out of my memory usually. one song that this did not happen with was "Somebody That I Used to Know" by Gotye, which I listened to roughly 25 times in a row the first time I heard it and now I still think it's probably the best chart topping song of the millennium. it's so good.

Ah yes, STIUTK was totally a song i'm sure many of us did NOT expect to chart as well as it did. I mean, it being the #1 song of the year 2012 made NO sense. Yet, it's so good, although those s***ty remixes of it that add EDM beats to it and such can go die in a hole, because they kill the whole point of the song, which is...how un-pop it is.

And as for the aforementioned two songs, "Hey Ya" was one that wore on me, but I still don't mind "Crazy". Gnarls Barkley paved the way for Cee Lo Green to have his time on his own, and he may have only had one major hit, but oh goodness, was "F**k You!" one of the most epic songs written this side of recent years.

Nakala Pri

Make it stop.
    What are you not listening to?

Seriously, the tune is HORRIBLE. The lyrics are pretty cool but in the end, I always attempt mass genocide when I hear this song, to quell my musical rage.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2019
    Anything by Smash Mouth. Worst two hit wonder band to ever ravage anyone's ears. I had completely forgotten about them until a couple years ago when this spaz monkey from school began obsessing over them for some reason because they were playing a free concert in my town. They also remind me of seeing kids with frosted tips and flame shirts back in elementary school. Kill me now

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • Anything by Taylor Swift, Nicki Minaji, Lorde or Iggy A. I loathe Taylor Swift but the others are equally as bad (even worse than Soulja Boy on my list). I can't even believe anyone likes Lorde's version of Everybody Wants to Rule the world over the original like what.

I'm not listening to Animals by Maroon 5. Every time I hear Adam Levine howl about hunting down and eating his lover, my gag reflex trembles.

That actually made me laugh. I like the beat of the song, the lyrics are... yeah... I kinda got over the song though after a while :/ Don't watch the official mv though. I've heard a thing or two about it...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm not listening to Iggy Azalea's Beg For It because it's basically Fancy with different words and that's really lazy.

That actually made me laugh. I like the beat of the song, the lyrics are... yeah... I kinda got over the song though after a while :/ Don't watch the official mv though. I've heard a thing or two about it...

Making people laugh is the goal in the life of Syd. lol

Years
  • Blasterjaxx - You Found Me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OUgwl18jok
    Dear God this is bad.

I generally don't have a problem with big room, and I actually find maybe a quarter of it quite enjoyable. But THIS, my god.

The vocals aren't all that bad. The synths behind the vocals are a nexus preset, and a terribly processed one with only one layer. Then there's the percussion behind that, which consists of a few impact samples that are completely out of place. AND THEN THERE'S THE SYNTH IN THE DROP.

Years
  • I'm a little sad people don't appreciate Lorde but w/e.

Remember back in 2013 when Royals first released, and there were claims that Lorde was racist? Now, I don't know if there's anybody in this thread that feels the same way as the people calling out the song on it, but I think Lorde is one easier to appreciate or respect than to like. Tearing down the tired old world that pop has come up with today is the reason songs like Thrift Shop (which was, need I remind you, the #1 song of 2013) exist. (Don't take that as an insult, though, because Thrift Shop, just like looking for a come up, is f***ing awesome.)

Sir Codin

You know, I once had a goal to form the worst rock band ever. We'd have a terrible name and the music we played was complete garbage that for some reason mongoloids ate up anyway, despite overwhelming evidence that no one with any taste whatsoever could possibly enjoy our music.

Unfortunately, Coldplay beat me to the punch.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • You know, I once had a goal to form the worst rock band ever. We'd have a terrible name and the music we played was complete garbage that for some reason mongoloids ate up anyway, despite overwhelming evidence that no one with any taste whatsoever could possibly enjoy our music.

Unfortunately, Coldplay beat me to the punch.

I think you misspelled Nickleback there, man.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • This post is funny on its own, but I think the funniest part is that you spelt nickelback wrong. (pardon me if that was intentional)

Agree 100% though.

It wasn't intentional, but I mean...it's Nickelback. No one cares about them to get in a hissy about spelling their name wrong, haha.

Back