• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you not listening to?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Of Billboard's ten biggest songs of 2014, All About That Bass by Meghan Trainor is the one that I think i'd want to hear the least. And no it is not because she says "skinny b***hes" and tells us "I know you think you're fat", but because her high-pitched voice on that is so annoying. And in the chorus when the phrase "all about that bass, bout that bass, no treble" gets hammered my head I just want to tune out. "Bass" is a very weird metaphor for booty or sex, if that's what she's talking. And she totally took off Justin Timberlake's "SexyBack" when she says she's "bringing booty back", am I right?

What bugs me about that song is that she's saying we still need a man's acknowledgement to be okay with our bodies. "Boys like a little more booty to hold in the night." I personally want to love my body on my own terms, not by what I think my boyfriend or other men would want. But I guess some might call that nitpicking so oh well lol.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
    What bugs me about that song is that she's saying we still need a man's acknowledgement to be okay with our bodies. "Boys like a little more booty to hold in the night." I personally want to love my body on my own terms, not by what I think my boyfriend or other men would want. But I guess some might call that nitpicking so oh well lol.

ugh this song I forgot to put on my list as well. Not only do I dislike her voice and the song in general, but I can't stand everything she's singing about. I don't understand why they can't just promote all body shapes and sizes, not shaming other people for being big, small, curvy and everything in-between. Everyone comes in all different shapes and sizes and nothing's wrong with that. All men just don't want one type of body size/type either, they like all sorts of different things just like all women don't like just one type of guy.

This type of stuff really irks me. Everyone is fine as they are and don't need to lose/gain any weight just because of some guy(or lady) or unless they're unhealthy in terms of being anorexic or morbidly obese. If someone doesn't like you for your looks then they obviously aren't worth it wth they're shallow. 100% agree with Sydian on this one.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    ugh this song I forgot to put on my list as well. Not only do I dislike her voice and the song in general, but I can't stand everything she's singing about. I don't understand why they can't just promote all body shapes and sizes, not shaming other people for being big, small, curvy and everything in-between. Everyone comes in all different shapes and sizes and nothing's wrong with that. All men just don't want one type of body size/type either, they like all sorts of different things just like all women don't like just one type of guy.

This type of stuff really irks me. Everyone is fine as they are and don't need to lose/gain any weight just because of some guy(or lady) or unless they're unhealthy in terms of being anorexic or morbidly obese. If someone doesn't like you for your looks then they obviously aren't worth it wth they're shallow. 100% agree with Sydian on this one.

I'm so glad to hear that there are others that are with me on this song, haha. All I ever hear about it is that it's "sending a good message" and when it comes down to it, it's really not. It excludes women like me because I'm skinny and it also tells me that my big butt is okay because it's what men like to hold in the night. If people are looking for a song that actually sends a good message, Colbie Caillat's "Try" does a much better job of it.

Years
    Anyone remember this notoriously bad "classic"?

Spoiler:

Don't ever speak of that disastrous, annoying girl again. The song was so terrible, and as one should already know I have a huge distaste for annoying vocals in music, which is a main reason why I'm not a fan of most major chart hits.

Years
    Don't ever speak of that disastrous, annoying girl again. The song was so terrible, and as one should already know I have a huge distaste for annoying vocals in music, which is a main reason why I'm not a fan of most major chart hits.

That's the point of this thread, isn't it? I was generous enough to put a spoiler over it. :P

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    All About That Bass by Meghan Trainor can probably stop existing anytime soon.

I've never been a fan of Rihanna, Iggly Azalea, or honestly most of Beyoncé's music. I'm pretty happy to have not heard any of Carly Rae Jepsen's stuff in a while, either. Oh, and I could probably live without a good 90% of whatever genre/style it is that consists of singers like Kate Earl, Elizabeth & The Catapult, Rachael Yamagata, etc. because they all sound alike to me... although I do get in the mood for that type of music once in a very, very, very blue moon.

Years
    Here's something I have not mentioned here yet: One Direction.

As far as someone knows, this band have been spamming a new album every year since 2011 and most of their songs have been well, very intolerable and cause me to tune out whenever they come on, plus it doesn't help they always have teenage girls screaming at almost anywhere they go. If you see a huge stampede of teen girls in one area at a time, there's a huge sign the 1D boys are nearby.

And in terms of their major hits, there's only one recent one that I didn't find intolerable and that was Night Changes (from their 2014 release Four) and I guess that was because it felt more slow and calm which never happens often in 1D songs, and the video was pretty good since it showed different perspectives of each of the boys. I was hoping they'd take a mature direction with Four but then the lead single, Steal My Girl got overplayed and sadly that meant their music is showing signs of failing to improve, and that's why I cannot stand their music.

It just feels like they're not trying anymore, which is just sad. There's a reason why I prefer quality in music than utter fanservice.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years

As far as someone knows, this band have been spamming a new album every year since 2011 and most of their songs have been well, very intolerable and cause me to tune out whenever they come on, plus it doesn't help they always have teenage girls screaming at almost anywhere they go. If you see a huge stampede of teen girls in one area at a time, there's a huge sign the 1D boys are nearby.

And in terms of their major hits, there's only one recent one that I didn't find intolerable and that was Night Changes (from their 2014 release Four) and I guess that was because it felt more slow and calm which never happens often in 1D songs, and the video was pretty good since it showed different perspectives of each of the boys. I was hoping they'd take a mature direction with Four but then the lead single, Steal My Girl got overplayed and sadly that meant their music is showing signs of failing to improve, and that's why I cannot stand their music.

It just feels like they're not trying anymore, which is just sad. There's a reason why I prefer quality in music than utter fanservice.

Aw this makes me kind of sad to hear. Tbh I think they're improving instead of not trying. They're getting away from that "teeny-pop" sound in their first two albums and leaning towards something more "rockish" and mature when they came out with their third album. You're right on how Night Changes is one of their best songs from Four (and it's personally one of my favorites) and that Steal My Girl and Girl Almighty is overplayed but they still have other songs going for them on their albums. Not trying to make you like them or anything, but you can give 18 or Stockholm Syndrome a listen to from Four if interested. They're slow, but not as slow as Night Changes.

Years
    I didn't really like Steal My Girl either. Granted, i'm a guy so i'm not part of 1D's particular demographic, but I will say that if there was any "recent" hit by One Direction I can grudgingly appreciate, it would be Best Song Ever, which despite taking off of Baba O'Riley by The Who I still found to have at least a nice theme to it since it's not just manipulative. (I may just be biased from Todd in the Shadows' Top Ten Best Hit Songs of 2013 video, and his hilarious review of it.) There was also You and I and Story of My Life, which were at least okay if you ask me.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years

Ya not listening to one direction as well and obviously im not listening to bieber at all. Another i didnt mention is Miley Cyrus she used to be good but i dont like anything to do with her now. Anaconda is also a song I'll never get into.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
    Anaconda by Nicki Minaj is something I hope that I never have to hear again. It was just really bad. Any of Miley's new music that I hear these days are songs that I wish I never hear again as well. xD

Back