• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years

Valorie Ryder

Valorie seemed to be focusing very hard on the battle, so much so that she didn't initially notice Cofagrigus. She was literally ignoring the cold and the noise was really blotted out by the crowd at first. Yet, as Charizard lunged forward she noticed this rather irritating rasping sound coming from what sounded like directly behind her. It was then that a shiver ran up her spine and she gained this rather disturbed expression, wondering what exactly was bothering her. She had been successfully distracted and turned her head to look over her shoulder at a mild pace. When she did though, she saw the familiar form of a cofagrigus and her eyes just sort of widened, her complexion growing somewhat pale. If it wasn't for the fact that his back was turned--. The cofagrigus proceeded to turn around and Valorie just sort of grew stiff, her expression turning into one of horror as he showed her his gaping mouth, complete with a scream. Valorie just sort of froze up like a deer in headlights, but only for a moment, her fists balling up meanwhile. She then proceeded to instinctively raise her fists near her face as if to ward off blows. Only instead of preparing to fight she promptly screamed in terror and fled, crying. Four of her five other pokemon promptly popped out of their pokeballs. A rather huge Dragonair, a Flygon, a Fraxure, and a Swinub stood between Valorie and Cofagrigus as if ready to ward off an attack. Though, they quickly became rather puzzled as their trainer, who had been scared too badly to think rationally, didn't seem to notice that they'd popped out to defend her and kept running. The nearby students failed to react to Valorie fast enough to get out of the way though, and Valorie promptly crashed into someone, sending several students to the floor in a domino effect. On the bright side, many of the students who had been watching the battle had caught on that it was all a prank and laughing ensued. On the other hand, Cofagrigus had totally made Valorie cry in public. Not that it was... /that/ hard. Girl had a phobia for ghost pokemon. Couldn't even be comfortable around her Frillish, though she made the effort.

Distraction indeed. By now Valorie would have realized she wasn't being chased and would be sitting on the floor, wiping her eyes and shaking a bit. That was easily the biggest scare she'd ever had in her entire life. All because she was terrified of becoming a Yamask. She hadn't even had a chance to see what had happened between Ralts and Charizard.

(And /now/ I wait for DarkGoalie for sure. |D)

Last edited:

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
"Slaaaaaaa-"[Whew, I'm tired-]
Slackey let out a big yawn.
"Hey! You just took a nap, what do you mean tired?" Maxwell asked his pokémon. "Oh well, I guess you can sleep some more then." he sighed.
"Ooooth."['K, thanks.]
Slackey fell asleep on top of Maxwell's head, his favourite place to rest when he was weary.
"Okay!" Maxwell took out a pokeball and dropped it on the ground, out came a Swinub. "Say Wilson, you ready down to the pokemart and get some grub?" he asked the Swinub.
"Swii, swii!"[Of course I want to! You know me right?] Wilson replied happily.
Maxwell and Wilson started moving towards the pokemart when suddenly, something caught Maxwell's eye. It was a Zoura battling a Magby, and the Zoura didn't seem too happy.
"Hey Wilson," Maxwell said, "That Zoura looks really pissed dontcha' think?"
"Nub, nub."[Yea, thats true. I wouldn't want get in a fight with him.] Wilson said.
"Or maybe you do want?" Maxwell said slyly.
"Swiii, nub!"[Ha, you know me to well Max!] Wilson laughed.
"Ah, well. We'll ask them to battle later, but first: FOOD!" Maxwell exclaimed.
"Nub, NUUB."[Yes, FINALLY!] Wilson exclaimed as well.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Snype sniffed a bit to get Thyme's scent. "Hehe, I don't plan on taking you anywhere near them. I like your scent as is... I'm sure your bound to find something good down at the department store. They got all sorts of things. I'd have to make a list of all the stuff they have there." Snype said. He remembered some of the stunts he did back in the department store... he was fairly popular around those parts. He already told Thyme about that stuff on the boat though.

"So Thyme, what do you think of good ol Kanto so far? Neat place isn't it?" Snype asked.

Thyme

Thyme gave Snype an odd look when he sniffed her. What? Ok...

"Hm... Ok then. I may have to go take a look eventually," Thyme said quietly. She had been a little weirded out by him suddenly sniffing her, but whatever. She had brought it up. She leaned her head back and stared at the ceiling, wondering what they were going to do next.

Skye shrugged. "I-hi'd ruh-hather hah-have puh-punched him thah-han leh-let Ruh-Rama muh-haul him luh-like thah-hat puh-poor Mah-Magby." Ciel couldn't help but agree. That Zorua looked about ready to murder that little Fire-type. Magby leapt up again and puffed out a poisonous Smog. It was slow-moving though... and Rama yawned before yelping in pain from the burn.

"Heh," the black-haired male sneered, words slurred through his nose. "Gob 'im now~ Brick Break!"
Rama yelped and threw himself into the air as the Magby punched at where he had been. Oh... if that hit... Rama didn't want to think about it. So he wouldn't. Yet for some reason, the Magby began to scramble backward, running away from the feral-looking fox.

"Oh no you don't," Rama yowled, leaping in Pursuit. He tackled Magby to the floor. The impact caused a wild shout and a burst of embers. Rama went flying back and didn't move for a few moments. Then Magby got up panting. He smirked arrogantly, only for Rama to tackle him across the ground in a Faint Attack. Rama rolled off, unconscious. Magby didn't get up either.

Skye walked over and picked up his unconscious fox, placing him next to Ciel. At least he would be quieter now. Skye went to sit down but the other boy shouted. "Hold it kid! We ain't done yet."

"Uh-hokay," SKye said pleasantly. The other growled.

"That first one was just a fluke! We'll get you now." He released a Tyrogue, who held out a palm to face his opponent. Skye glanced at Volca's quiet Pokeball and released the bug.

The other boy snorted before wincing. "Wha's that? Weak little bug! Get 'em Tyrogue!" Skye shook his head as the Tyrogue was nearly slammed into a person by a Psychic. Great...

Bri watched the fight with a puzzled expression on his face. When Skye had put itlike that, it made sense. Bri shook his head. Drizzle had fallen asleep at his feet.

"Still, I'd rather not have anyone fighting at all... Oh well, that's just me," Bri said quietly. He nidged Drizzle with his foot, waking the Sea Weasel up and the two of them made their way out of the way. Bri stopped and stood next to Ciel.

"Are you ok?" Bri asked him, concerned for his friend.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
"Two bags of Hippowdo's please." Maxwell asked the shopkeeper.
"Here ya go." said the shopkeeper and handed Maxwell the bags of chips. Maxwell loved Hippowdo's, the smell, the look and the taste, everything was perfect. It made his mouth water.
"Swiiii!"[Hey don't space out like that, I want some too!] Wilson said.
"Wuh? Oh yea! Quick Wilson we gotta go!" Maxwell started running towards the store's exit.
"Swwiii-nub?"[Why?] Wilson asked him.
"We've got to battle that Zoura, remember? If we stay here the'll most likely disappear!" Maxwell explained.
"Nub."[Oh yea.]
When they came outside, Maxwell spotted the two trainers battling. This time they had switched pokemon, now it was a Larvesta vs a Tyrogue.
"Ohmigosh, a Larvesta!!!" Maxwell thought to himself, he had always been interested in Bug-pokemon so seeing a Larvesta made him really excited.
"First a Zoura and now a Larvesta? I can't wait to challenge this person to a battle!" he said to Wilson.
"Swi, swi."[Yea, I'm excited too.] Wilson said.

Maxwell ran towards a small group of people standing close to the trainers battling. He approached a small boy who had a Buizel sleeping by his feet.
"Hello!" Maxwell said, but suddenly he realized that he didn't have a reason for greeting the boy. "Um..." he said,
"Great going Maxwell!" he thought "Now this'll get really awkward."
"I-I'm Maxwell, I'm in the Entei dorm," sheesh, he sounded like a door-to-door salesman. "Whats your name? And who is fighting that Tyrogue over there?" The awkwardness almost threw him off his feet, what an unpleasant feeling.

Nideous

Years
Brian

Brian looked at the boy that had run over to him and Ciel. He shifted on his crutches and extended his hand to the older boy.

"Hi! I'm Brian! It's nice to meet you Maxwell! Do you mind if I call you Max? You can just call me Bri! That guy over there is one of my best friends! His name is Skye! This guy is Ciel! And this guy sleeping at my feet is my buddy Drizzle!" Bri said excitedly when Maxwell came over and greeted him, oblivious to his awkwardness. Bri loved meeting new people! He could already tell he was going to be friends with Maxwell. Drizzle opened one sleepy eye and looked up at him.

"I'm not asleep you know," Drizzle said tiredly. Bri looked down at him with a smile.

"Ok, sorry Drizzle. But you should get some sleep after that battle! Anyways, Max, what do you think of this field trip so far? I've never seen you here before... Are you new or something?" Bri said. He caught himself and grew quiet. He had to give Max a chance to speak. He had to remember that not everyone talked as fast as he did.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
"Hi! I'm Brian! It's nice to meet you Maxwell! Do you mind if I call you Max? You can just call me Bri! That guy over there is one of my best friends! His name is Skye! This guy is Ciel! And this guy sleeping at my feet is my buddy Drizzle!"

Max was delighted, this kid seemed nice. He shaked Bri's hand.
"Yea, you can call me Max, thats what everyone else does." he said flashing a smile. "Hi Ciel, pleased to meet you." he continued. "Your buddy Skye has some pretty interesting pokemon by the way."
"Swiiiii?!"[Hey aren't you going to introduce me?] Wilson asked Maxwell.
"Oh, what? Yea right sorry!" he said to Wilson, "This is my buddy Wilson and the one sleeping on my head is Slackey." he turned to Bri and Ciel.
"Slaaaaa..."[Hey whats all this commotion? Are we meeting new people? In that case, how are ya doin'?] Slackey had waken up from his nap and now he jumped down from Maxwell's head and landed on Wilson.
"Swi, swi!"[Hey, watch it Slackey! By the way I'm Wilson, its nice meeting you.]

After the introducing was done Maxwell said: "The field trip? Its awesome! I've only been to Kanto once in my life, even though my home is in Johto."
"Yea I'm new." he replied to Bri's second question, "Its kind of a funny story actually, I was supposed to take the first boat like everyone else. But I ended up oversleeping and I missed it, hehe..." Maxwell smiled towards Bri and Ciel.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Brogan
"move," Brogan ordered as she walked away from the battlefield, her fingers snapping in abrupt irritation at the two brain-dead buffoons blocking her path...what was it with people today?! Getting in her way, purposefully making life difficult for her - on her home turf no less!! The two parted like the Red Sea before Moses and Brogan flashed them both pointed glares before continuing on her way, heels clicking forcefully with each step she took, conversation hushing and heads turning to watch her pass by...so far, so mundane...

"So Daddy, when will Jenna be arriving?" she asked brightly, tapping her Father on the shoulder brusquely and interrupting his conversation with Bruno and Koga of the Kanto Elite Four. The three adults looked at Brogan with something approaching surprise on their faces - it wasn't like Brogan to so rudely interrupt conversation directly, her Father knew more than anyone how this was against her honoured code of etiquette. He nodded his excuses to the two Elite trainers and drew Brogan gently to the side by her elbow.

"Brogan, sweetheart, what has gotten into you today? Your behaviour is very peculiar..." Brogan had to hold back a laugh, making her face appear bemused as she shrugged toward her Father. Little did he know that this was, in actual fact, classic Brogan behaviour.

"I don't know what you mean Daddy! Im sorry I interrupted your conversation...I just..." her face fell as she cast her eyes downwards, injecting just enough hesitation and vulnerability into her voice to pass as honest, "I miss Jenna...I haven't seen her in so long...and I...I just hoped that she would be here..." her voice trailed off and she averted her gaze back to her Father, face radiating with hope that her sister would be attending the Expo. Her Father sighed and laid a hand on Brogan's shoulder, squeezing gently.

"I honestly don't know Darling...Jenna knows about the Expo, and normally she makes the effort to return...but you know what she's like. I hope she makes it too...she can talk you through that battle you just lost and help you with your Pokemon..." he said pointedly, oh so obviously bringing up the subject that Brogan had been looking to avoid. She laughed lightly and shook her head with a wide smile.

"there's really no need Daddy - the battle was fine! Just some teething problems with my new Lapras and a well-placed Taunt attack, nothing wrong whatsoever. Although if you hadn't restricted access to my Pokemon boxes then my powerful team would have easily beaten that Brian...but, we aren't arguing about that now," she added quickly seeing her Father's expression harden at her snide remark, "now, I must go and find my friends, prepare them for the feast and the ball tonight. If you see Jenna before I do, let her know I'm looking for her."

"aren't you going to see your Mother, Brogan?" he asked in a sober tone as Brogan hugged him before turning to leave, stopping dead at his words.

"no...no, I don't think so Daddy. See you later," and with that she walked away, nodding to her Father's associates as she passed before bringing her Xtransciever upwards, tapping in a contact. As she waited for connection she observed Bri, Skye and two other boys that she didn't recognise, a small smirk on her face.

"Alex, hey. I want you to run info into Brian's family again...particularly that sick brother of his...any info, send it to me in a text file. And don't let me down with this one..."

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Ciel shrugged a bit. "I made Valorie mad at me. I told her she took battling too seriously and she got mad at Skye, who was trying to help. I don't get it..." He looked at Max and reflexively flinched. "H-Hi..." he whispered, inclining his head shyly as Chika cooed.

"Shaddup birdy," Rama muttered. Chika glowered at him a second then remembered he was in a grumpy mood.

SKye glanced back, saw Bri was sufficently distracted, then turned back to the fight. It was hopelessly one-sided. This kid was a terrible trainer. "Wuh-hild Chah-Charge." Volca's body was cloaked in electricity. He slammed into Tyrogue just as a Brick Break hit his head. Volca stepped back dizzily as Tyrogue fell over. The bug crawled back to his trainer. It had taken two attacks. Dear Kyurem that was awful. The dark boy had stopped clutching his nose and was glaring.

"You..." he growled. "You wouldn't be so strong if it weren't for that brother of yours!"

Skye frowned. Well that was new. People usually didn't say that to his face. It wasn't all that true anyway. He barely saw Cam personally anymore. But oh well. "Whuh-hatever yuh-hou say" Skye replied happily, knowing this would push his buttons more. Did people know they were so easy? He glanced back and saw Brogan and gave her a playful smile before turning back. HEr eyes screamed derisive fury. What a child. ANd he was younger than her...

Predictably, the other boy snarled and threw out his next Pokemon, an Axew. Skye paused. This one could take a while. Who should he send...? Pala? What was she doing?

Pala was squealing happily as she wandered up to the Axew. "Play?" she said happily. "Apple?"

"What the heck are you on kid?" the Axew asked in confusion.

The darker boy grinned. "This'll be easy! Axew Dragon Rage!"

The Axew raised an eyebrow. "Oo...kay...Sorry kid." He fired violet embers at the polar bear cub, who rolled over with the hit. She sat up a moment later, looking around in confusion.

"Pala," Skye said softly. "I-I-Icy Wind." Pala blinked at Skye. Oh right they were playing. She would get apples later then! For sure. She turned to Axew and sniffled, pulling up her icy power. Then she blew a cold wind toward Axew, who skidded back a little, covered in frost.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Xavier

Brock patted Xavier on the shoulder.

"It seems you haven't earned my badge just yet... but I have a feeling you'll have another chance soon... I'll see you around." Brock began to walk off but Xavier grabbed his arm.

"Wait how is it possible that you're happiny could defeat my riolu despite its young age and type disadvantage? I need to know." Xavier said determination in his eyes.

"Hmmm... Xavier every pokemon has the potential to become the strongest there is. You should never judge a pokemons strength based on its appearence or type. Every pokemons raw potential is what keeps it alive and what makes it strong enough to defeat an almost impossible opponent!" Brock smiled and ran off in the opposite direction.

"Wait!" Xavier cried.

But he was already gone.

"I don't understand." Xavier murmured as he walked away.

"Brocks thesis makes sense but... Argghhh! I just can't comprehend that one so small has the potential to posses such strength.

Xavier sat on a chair and sighed.

"I guess all I can do now is wait to see what happens next." Xavier murmured, throwing his head back and looking at the ceiling high above.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Maxwell saw that Ciel flinched when he greeted him.
"Why did he flinch? Maybe hes just shy." Maxwell thought to himself, but decided to move on. He saw Skye battling. "Damn I envy that kid battling Skye, well whatever." he thought. Now he just had to battle, just had to. So he turned to Brian, "Hey Bri," he said, "How 'bout a battle?"

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark, Able, and Commodore had been walking around the Expo. He trusted Snype well enough to take care of himself, as well as Thyme and he always had a good enough eye to find Mark in a crowd like this. He wasn't worried at the slightest. He heard a loud scream somewhere in the distance, leading to plenty of commotion in the crowd. A couple students got pushed down in a domino effect. Unfortunately for Mark, he was a part of that crowd and had fallen down as well. Unfortunately, he couldn't make out the other scream from the noise of the crowd.

"Ouch... geez..." Mark said, rubbing his head a bit. He looked around the crowd for the source of the commotion... before Mark had a chance to look into it, Commodore began to wander off by himself again. Great... had it fallen in love with another electronic device? Mark personally found it very amusing.

Mark and Able followed Commodore before they could lose track of him. It was heading towards a man that didn't seem much older then Mark was. He was holding a pokedex... crap. If commodore did anything bad he was bound to get in trouble. Commodore sneaked behind the the man and peaked over his shoulder, looking at the Pokedex which seemed to have a Rotom in it. He floated there and stared blankly at the screen.

"Commodore! We don't need you screwing with more electronics... heh... sorry about him. Commodore has been fairly adventurous as of late..." Mark said.

Nideous

Years
Brian

Bri looked at Ciel. He was very nervous. Hm... Well, it's no wonder he would be. He was not good with new people. But, that was why Bri was here!

"Nice to meet you Wilson, and you too Slackey! Anyways, this is my first time to Kanto as well! Heheheh! It's fun!" Bri said excitedly. Drizzle yawned and lay his head back down on his paws. He was feeling lazy. Bri opened his mouth to say something else when Max beat him to it by offering him a battle.

"Battle?" Bri asked uncertainly. In an instant, his confidence vanished. He had just finished a battle! And who did he have left to battle with? Thyme was in the hospital, and his other pokemon were all fainted or too weak to battle. Well, he had Leena, but he didn't want to use her in a battle... But...

"Er..." Bri muttered. Drizzle poked him on the leg. Bri looked down at him and Drizzle winked.

"Hey! You just won! Go again, and make it two for two! I can keep going if I try, Bouncy needs some battle experience, and Leena is likely bored! And you know what she gets like when she's bored! We can do it!" Drizzle said. He got to his feet and stretched, his bruises aching painfully.

"Erm... I..." Bri muttered. What did he have to lose? He decided to go for it. After all, he had just beaten Brogan. She was in Suicune Dorm. So, why exactly was he afraid to battle Max? Because he was always afraid to battle. And, his more powerful pokemon were knocked out, except for Drizzle, who was close to fainting.

"I... I guess it would be alright..." Bri said nervously. Drizzle grinned and looked at Max expectantly.

James in Flames

Cooooool!
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2012
Nicodemus Grey

When Nicodemus commanded his Cofagrigus to scare the girl, he didn't expect her to react so strongly. Not only did she scream, but she started to bawl, and she literally sprinted away in the opposite direction, leaving her Charizard to fend for itself.

Several other trainers realized what had happened and started laughing, and Nick would have done the same if not for the pang of guilt that hit him. Crap. He'd just made a teenage girl cry, and for what? To prove a point? To defend the other trainer? Interfering in a battle was immature and callous.

A low wheezing laugh brought Nick back to reality. He looked up at the Cofagrigus, who had drifted away from the site of his prank, ignoring the Pokemon there that now appeared lost. Nick noted the expression on its shadowy face – it was gleeful, and more than that, it was searching for his trainer's approval. Nicodemus conceded a slight nod, smiling tightly at the Pokémon.

"Bravo, mate. One of your best showings, no doubt – maybe a tad too good, though." Nick glanced off in the direction Valorie had run, feeling a slight bit of worry pang at his heart. He didn't let it show on his face, but he felt a little bad for her. The next time he saw her, he should apologize, and perhaps even explain the lesson he'd intended to teach with the abrupt showcase of his ghost Pokémon.

Nicodemus noticed something out of the corner of his eye, something glossy. He wouldn't have noticed it had it not been so easy to distinguish. The red and blue Pokémon eyed the Pokedex Rotom inhibited with a mixture of curiosity and intensity.

"It's a Porygon2," said Rotom from within the Pokedex, and it sounded equally curious. "Fascinating. You know, Porygon is one of the few Pokémon whom I can truly feel a kinship with…it understands the intimacy between a Pokémon and an electronic device."

"…sure," acknowledged Nick, eying the Porygon2. An older boy suddenly appeared, perhaps its trainer? He confirmed the idea with his greeting.

"No need to apologize," said Nick, extending a hand. "The name's Nicodemus. You can call me…Professor Grey. Or just Nick. Whichever you prefer." Nick glanced up over the boy's shoulder at the Haunter which had suddenly appeared, tongue lolling in a comically dangerous pose. A glare caused it to vanish, and he felt the Haunter's presence retreat behind him once more.

Nicodemus coughed lightly. "My Rotom appears to have taken a liking to your Porygon2. Not all too peculiar, but worth mentioning all the same…"

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
"Okay, a battle it is!" Maxwell said cheerfully. Finally he had someone to battle, it wasn't Skye, but who cares. This was an opportunity to raise his pokemon's levels a little bit. Maxwell distanced himself from Bri almost skipping with excitement, he was so excited that he didn't notice the unconfident look in Bri's eyes.
Maxwell pulled out a pokeball from his pocket and threw it on the ground. As it made contact it opend up and a Cyndaquil popped out.
"Quillll...?"[Whu? Whats going on?] it said sleepily.
"Quillie we're battling someone!" Maxwell told the little pokemon sitting on the ground with a confused look on it's face.
"Cynda?---quil!"[A battle? Yes, finally! I've been waitng for some exercise!] Quillie said.
"You ready Bri?" Maxwell asked, "I really want to see what other pokemon ya got!"
"Quil, quil!"[It doesn't matter who you are, I'll take you on and I'll win!] Quillie said a little too overconfidentaly.

"Swi, swi."[Hes at it again.] Wilson said with a sigh.
"Koth."[Yup.] Slackey replied.

Nideous

Years
Bri followed Max to a spot nearby. He fumbled for Leena's pokeball as Drizzle lazily followed him, a large yawn escaping his mouth. He pulled her ultraball off his belt and tossed it gently. Leena appeared with a gleeful shout.

"Wee!" she said as she flipped upside down in midair. She turned to look at Bri and floated over to him.

"Where are we? I want to scare someone!" Llena said excitedly, causing Bri to shift nervously and Drizzle to laugh, his paws around his ribs as he doubled over.

"Um... Leena, we're in a battle. Please... No scaring me again, alright?" Bri said quietly. Leena pouted and spun around to face Quill, still upside down. She put on her creepiest face she could and let out a very frightening wail. Bri was very unnerved by this.

"Leena! Chill!" Drizzle said standing straight up again. His own fur was standing on end again.

"Um... Leena, use Psywave!" Bri said once he recovered. Leena looked at him and grinned as her eyes turned pink. A soft ripple flew through the air from her, straight for Quill.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Selene
Well...this Expo had begun all promising and exciting...but now Selene couldn't help but feel ever so slightly bored. Which was ever so unusual for Selene - normally it took a lot to get her bored to the extent that she noticed that she was bored, but again she usually surrounded herself with people...person...Valorie...but anyway, people were off battling at the moment, so she was browsing the stands of the Expo on her own.

"Might aswell go and look into future careers...got nothing better to do...sorting out the rest of my life wouldn't be so bad," she mumbled to herself, punctuating words with wistful sighs and scuffs of her toes on the floor - she noticed strange looks from some around her, but she didn't really care...at all. Yes. Finding out what she wanted to do with her life was a good idea...it would certainly prove a distraction from her boredom and the subject of Valorie...boy, that was definitely a quagmire to stay away from for now. Too much of her day had been spent angsting over it, and Selene wasn't one for prolonged worry and anxiety, life was too short for her usually happy-go-lucky attitude to be interrupted.

Making her way over to a stand for the Pokemon Centre, she lifted up a colourful pamphlet and leafed through it lightly, skimming over all the benefits of and how worthwhile a career as a Pokemon nurse or surgeon could be. Hmmm. There was a lot of study involved here...a hell of a lot of study...after the Academy she would have to go on to College...then take on an internship in a Junior position for a number of years before qualifying fully...wow. That was intense...as much as she would like to help Pokemon like that, she wasn't sure if she could dedicate her life to study so much.

"Are you okay there?" came a familiar voice from in front of her, and Sel looked up to see Nurse Joy smiling down at her, hands crossed in front of her primly over her uniform. With a nod, Selene tucked the leaflet into her bag and grinned sheepishly.

"Yes, thank you Nurse Joy...just looking around...trying to figure out my life, you know," she laughed somewhat nervously and noticed that Nurse Joy didn't laugh along with her, instead her smile had become somewhat fixed as she watched the girl in front of her nervously, as though expecting her to flip and turn over the stand any moment. Did she look that crazy..? Perhaps her stress was showing more than she had thought...coughing, she indicated backwards with her head and backed away from the stand with a small wave, inwardly cringing...oh man...way to freak out the Nurse...

Before she could make her way over to the next stand, however, she was distracted by the sound of gasps and shrieks, people falling to the ground and then a bubbling laughter...huh? What was going on?? Looking around, her heart seemed to stop and time seemed to slow impossibly as her eyes fell on Valorie...sat like a small child, crying her eyes out with people around her laughing...why were they laughing?! Her mind seemed to go blank, as though Cat had taken control of it as they had practiced in training when Sel needed rest but refused to let up, devoid of conscious thought. Pushing her way through the students around her, she grunted and growled at a number who refused to be shoved out of the way until she was next to Valorie, dropped to one knee in front of her with a hand held out ready to comfort her...

And then all conscious thought seemed to return to her head like a Golem using Rollout.

Why the hell had she done that?! Now there she was, on one knee in front of Valorie as though she were about to bloody well propose or something...why why why why had she done this? Selene was astounded to discover that she couldn't follow any train of thought from seeing her once best friend crying on the floor to being here in front of her...this was beyond awkward...

She couldn't break her eyes away from Valorie's...it was as though she was a Deerling caught in the headlights of an articulated lorry and just couldn't look away no matter how much she may be screaming at herself to do so mentally. Her mouth opened as though she were about to speak...and then closed abruptly before opening again...she must look like a landed Magikarp or something similarly stupid...

"...seriously, what is she bawling for like a slapped Togepi? It was only a prank...Arceus, how weak and stupid can you get?.."

Selene heard the words whispered not-so-quietly behind her and stood up, turning slowly to face the whisperer, whose face seemed to fall somewhat as she gauged the reaction etched all over Sel's face...fury, pure rage...this was not good for the girl, especially as Sel's hand had automatically flown to one of the PokeBalls on her belt.

"What...did you just say? My best friend...is in tears, scared to death...and you, all of you, are just laughing?? NONE of you even offered to help her up when she fell? You all DISGUST ME!" she bellowed in the face of the girl after looking around at those surrounding them, her face contorted with anger, quickly shutting up the remaining snickers and laughter.

"Well...why should I? She completely overreacted to a harmless prank...and she knocked herself and nearly everyone else over...so she should be apologising to us!" the girl not-so-wisely argued with Sel, stepping back abruptly as a PokeBall was shoved into her face. Eyes crossed, the girl looked at the PokeBall then up to Selene's face, grimacing slightly at the expression of anger on it.

"Oh yeah? Well, as you can see, Valorie isn't really capable of apologising to anyone right now, so how about I'll settle this on her behalf. She's not apologising to anybody, and my Pokemon will make sure you shut your mouth too," with that she released Cat, even as the girl opposite let out her Weepinbell.

"Whatever you say, Weepy, use Vine Whip!" she ordered, thin vines stretching out from Weepinbell to strike at Cat. However, Cat being so agile wasn't particularly threatened by such physical attacks, and utilised the Capoeira training that Selene had given all her Pokemon by evading first one, then the second vine with a well timed double Esquiva. "Weepy, focus!! Faster!!" shouted the girl, Weepinbell bringing the vines up high together, ready to smash down onto Cat.

"Not likely. Cat, Psybeam!" ordered Selene, pointing forwards, Cat lifting her spoon rapidly and taking full advantage of Weepinbell's lack of protection with both vines lifted into the air, firing a well-aimed Psybeam straight between the grass Pokemon's eyes. Flying backwards, the Weepinbell collided with a trainer and collapsed to the ground, lifting up slowly...of course! Psychic attacks were doubly effective against Weepinbell because of it's Grass/Poison dual-typing!! Whipping her PokeDex out of her bag, Selene checked out her hunch to make sure she was correct, and smirked in satisfaction as the PokeDex confirmed her suspicions.

"PoisonPowder!" yelled the girl, and Selene watched with only a degree of anxiety as the powder sprinkled over Cat - yes, she was poisoned, but it was quite obvious that her opponent was completely unaware of Kadabra's ability...yep, as Cat flinched from the poisoning, so did the Weepinbell. "What the...what's going on?!" shouted the girl, running forward as her already weakened Weepinbell let out a shriek as it was harmed by the poisoning.

"Do your research before you dive into a battle okay?" advised Selene with a smirk on her face, nodding once at Cat and calling out "Now! Use Psybeam again!" As her Kadabra focused her Psybeam into her spoon, Selene watched as the girl tried to coax her Weepinbell into evading the attack but it was too late for her - the damage had been done, the Grass Pokemon was already too weak. The Psybeam smashed into the Weepinbell, and it promptly fainted as it was thrown backwards across the floor limply. Returning the Weepinbell, Sel's opponent looked up at her with an irritated expression before tossing out a second PokeBall...a Kirlia! Psychic versus Psychic...well, Selene had just the plan for this.

"Light Screen, Cat!" shouted Selene, watching as Cat threw up a barrier of light that would boost Special Defence, before being hit by a Confusion by the Kirlia opposite her. Selene's eyebrow cocked at the move...Confusion? The weakest Psychic move against a psychic Pokemon who has just set up a Light Screen?? Although the move hardly damaged Cat at all, Selene returned her Kadabra with a smirk and whipped Gordon's PokeBall off her belt, tossing it out onto the field with a small laugh.

"A Pansear? Really, that's the best you've got?" snickered the girl, obviously not rating Gordon's chances of winning the battle all too highly. Selene remained silent, simply folding her arms across her chest and watching, Gordon keeping his eyes fixed on the Kirlia opposite him and ready to attack - the minute Selene called out "Bite, Gordon!" he was ready, flying across the battlefield with his fangs bared and ready to crunch down on the Kirlia.

"Teleport!! Kirlia, NOW!" shouted the girl, and Selene watched as Gordon faceplanted the ground, the Kirlia having Teleported away just in time. Tense moments passed, Selene balling her hands into fists by her sides and Gordon pushing himself up nimbly to his feet, looking around ready to counter any attack should Kirlia appear. With a whisper, Kirlia reappeared beside Gordon, and before the girl could instruct the Kirlia further, Gordon had roared and lunged forward, sinking his teeth into Kirlia's arm in the Bite attack that he had been waiting for. The Kirlia squealed and flailed about, trying to shake Gordon off its' arm, but Gordon wasn't for moving - in fact, he drew his teeth back slightly before chomping back down doubly hard making the Kirlia shriek ridiculously loudly.

"Okay Gordon, enough, draw back!" shouted Selene, watching as the girl ordered the Kirlia to use Reflect to protect herself against any further physical attacks - predominantly, she suspected, Bite. Fine. Time to change tactic then.

"Flamethrower, Gordon!" yelled Selene loudly, watching as Gordon drew back before opening his mouth and sending out a powerful jet of flame towards the Kirlia, who Teleported out of the way once more. However, she seemed to be dangerously weakened, unable to hold her disappearing act for more than a few seconds before reappearing a mere foot or two from where she had originally been stood. As Gordon turned his Flamethrower towards Kirlia a second time, she didn't react in time and was incinerated by the flames, collapsing to the floor in a fainted slump as was revealed when Gordon clamped his jaws shut and halted the Flamethrower.

Growling, the girl returned her Kirlia and drew out another PokeBall, this time revealing a Pelipper. Oh brilliant, of course her final Pokemon was a Water-type Pokemon. Well, Selene was by no means done, and should Gordon fall in this battle she had the perfect opponent for this big water bird.

"Water Gun!" shouted the girl, the jet of water flying towards Gordon who swiftly managed to roll out of the way of the attack, wincing slightly as a few drops landed on his fur - wow, he must be really sensitive to water for even the feel of it on his fur to irritate him, thought Selene in the back of her mind. Her mouth threatened to fall slightly agape as she watched the speed with which the Pelipper responded to Gordon's evasion and changed the direction of the Water Gun, hitting Gordon in the side as he attempted to escape once more.

"Gordon, we can do this, go with Grass Knot!" she ordered, watching as Gordon used Grass Knot and sent Pelipper falling towards the ground, the bird Pokemon only just able to catch itself before it hit the ground. On it's trainer's orders it retaliated with Aqua Jet, and as the Pelipper slammed into Gordon, Selene knew that he wouldn't be able to withstand that attack...as he rolled over the ground loosely, Sel knew that he had fainted. And so he had. Returning him, Selene smirked up at the girl, who had been looking at her with the exact same expression before registering Sel's.

"What are you looking so pleased for?" she asked, voice shaking with a slight tremor on the 'pleased' before Selene pulled the PokeBall she had decided on as soon as Pelipper was revealed.

"This. Go, Ryan!" she called out, throwing the PokeBall with a loud laugh that made the girl look even more confused...until her Pikachu was revealed, standing on his two hind legs and grinning wickedly at the Pelipper above him. Her face seemed to deflate into an acceptance of defeat, but to her merit she continued the battle, calling on her Pelipper to use Water Gun.

"Ryan, take it and use Thunderbolt!" Selene shouted with a fist clenched out in front of her, eyes blazing with excitement. Yes she was being loud as usual, but she didn't care. This one shot and the battle was hers! She watched as Ryan began charging up his attack, staying right where he was as the Water Gun washed down over him...then as soon as the water hit his ears, he unleashed the Thunderbolt. Selene let out a whoop as the lightning travelled up the Water Gun, conducted by the very attack intended to hurt Ryan, and struck the Pelipper. Wth a cry, the Pokemon stopped the Water Gun as it was frazzled, the water ebbing away to reveal a drenched but determined looking Ryan maintaining his Thunderbolt until the Pelipper fainted and fell like a dead weight to the floor.

"No...no...I can't believe you did this!" shouted the girl, rushing over to her Pelipper and stroking it's wings lightly before returning it and pointing at Selene accusingly. "You were so brutal to my Pokemon just to make an example of me! because I laughed at your friend! Well guess what - she was ridiculous to respond to a prank like that, and I will never apologise for mocking her until she decides to grow up and stop behaving like a big BABY!" she shouted angrily, whirling round on her heel and running through the crowds.

A stunned silence seemed to wash over the spectators. Selene looked around and shrugged. "Well that was a massive overreaction. And I would advise none of you to take the same line as she did...or else..." she clicked her tongue and Ryan leapt up onto her shoulder, she stroked his tail before looking round to Valorie anxiously. Great...so now she had, very publicly, taken on a girl for laughing at Valorie's misfortune...and now how did she behave with the girl she had defended? Again, why had she done that?! As far as she was aware, she and Valorie were no longer friends even...let alone anything else...and she didn't even know how to look at her, let alone speak to her now.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Quillie wasn't amused, that stupid Misdreavus was trying to scare him. But nothing could put him out of his battle-mood, especially not some half-baked prankster Ghost-pokemon.

"Cyndaquil!"[Trying to scare me? What a futile effort.] he hissed at the Misdreavus.
"Okay," Maxwell thought "Better not mess this up."
"Quillie, dodge that Psywave!" he shouted.
Quillie lept up in the air and did a somerasault to dodge the attack. The Psybeam hit the ground instead causing a cloud of dirt to whip up.
"Perfect! Now use Extrasensory!" he said.
"Quil, quil, quil."[Hehehe, you're in for it now!] Quillie snickerd as he enveloped his body an pink-purpleish aura. Suddenly he disappeared and moved with lightning-speed towards Leena.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark shook the Teacher's hand. Commodore was still looking at Nick's Pokedex curiously, tempted to go into and and explore a bit himself... Mark felt an odd chill over his shoulder. As soon as he looked back though, the haunter that had attempted to possibly scare him faded back to Nick. Mark was oblivious that Haunter had tried to scare him.

"I'm Mark. Your a fan of ghost Pokemon too? Geez I wish I brought Snype over here. He's a Sableye that I own... we're partners and such." Mark said. He had been used to Snype's pranks in the past. He to had been giving Mark a fair share of scares when he was young and they certainly worked.

Commodore nodded happily at what the Rotom said. The Rotom was very similar to how Commodore was... being able to go into various electronics. Commodore was a bit more limited to computers though. He couldn't control household appliances like Rotom could. Either way, it could very easily relate. Porygon decided to properly introduce himself by going into the pokedex himself. It counted as a form of computer so he would be able to explore it a bit.

"Yeah. I see Commodore likes your Rotom as well!" Mark said, noting that Commodore had entered Nick's Pokedex. Well, his Rotom was in there. If anything, it would keep an eye on Commodore. Thankfully Commodore wasn't looking to really hack computers or anything. It just liked to explore, leaving important files untouched... On the screen of the Pokedex was the figure of an 8 bit Porygon2. It looked like something from an old video game from 1985 or so.

James in Flames

Cooooool!
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2012
Nicodemus Grey

Nicodemus allowed a rare smile at the mention of Sableye – finally, someone who could appreciate Ghost Pokémon! There was a horrible amount of prejudice towards them for their strangeness, something that Nick took as a perk rather than a disadvantage.

"Sableye…they're really unique among Ghost Pokémon, despite Spiritomb's existence. Highly misunderstood among the Ghost type, like the rest of their brethren…but their myth is particularly gnarly." Nick leaned forward off the trash can and stared down at the Pokedex that was now being shared with the Porygon2. The Rotom had submerged itself more fully into the virtual world and was now bouncing a ball back and forth with the Porygon2 in an 8 bit version of Pong.

"Basically," began Nick, "A story was started posturing that they were capable of sucking a human being's soul out through the eyes. Ludicrous, right?" His voice softened. "Humans are callous towards things that they don't fully understand. But you'd think a creature like Sableye would maybe be an exception…unlike Spiritomb, it largely resembles an animal, even a humanoid. But humans have a need to distinguish themselves from others. Even if that means doing so in a way others would characterize as prejudicial or hateful."

Nicodemus felt a cold presence on his calf, colder than his other Ghost Pokémon – probably Froslass. He reached down absentmindedly, so used to her presence that he didn't need to see her to stroke where her head would be. She might be invisible, but a low purring noise floated up.

Several seconds later, he finally spoke. "I choose to align myself with these 'others.' Because 'others' are tolerant. 'Others' are able to accept flaws in 'others' and even enjoy them. 'Others' are exactly what we should strive to be. I plan to teach my students to become like these 'others,' because that's the only way we can successfully train them. To immerse ourselves in their thought process…through which, we will become more than we ever could otherwise. And we might learn something else about each other along the way."

Nick licked his lips and glanced at the Pong game in progress on his Pokedex. The speed was insane by now, and neither Pokémon seemed to have let the ball pass through so far. "I apologize if I bored you with my monologue. I'm sure you have business to attend to."

Last edited:

Nideous

Years
(OOC: It was Psywave, not Psybeam.)

Brian

Bri was a little dumbfounded when the attack missed. Hm... Then Quill flew at Leena, who simply floated to the left and stuck her tongue out at him as he landed. Bri realised that he didn't know Leena's moveset either, so he pulled his pokedex out. He glanced at the moves and called the first one out that caught his eyes.

"Leena! Use Spite!" Brian called. Leena's eye glowed a dark black and a small burst of energy energy enveloped her as she glowered at Quill.

"I'm gonna get ya for that!" Leena said happily. Her voice was different than normal. It was darker, harsher sounding. It unnerved Brian completely. His mouth opened in shock as Leena advanced toward Quill a moment before firing the energy. Bri didn't know that the move would not hurt Quill. It was targetting Quill's moves.

Back