• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Commdore continued to be playing pong with Rotom for quite awhile, very fond of it. He continued on bouncing the ball back and forth not showing any signs of weakness. The ball was going so fast at this rate he doubted that the trainers out there would be able to see it.

Mark listened closely to what Nick had to see. He could see his point. Sableye were often judged pretty quickly as mischievous thieving rascals... which they usually were. Though Snype was mature enough to know when to stop.

"Oh no! It takes alot to bore me honestly. I can see where your coming from. Honestly I'm not really too busy... Commodore has mostly been eager to get into a battle. He just evolved so I can see why he's so jumpy..." Mark peeked at the screen of the pokedex.

"Heh... seems like he's already got himself into quite a battle huh?" Mark laughed.

Commodore kept on following the ball up and down. Eventually though, he slipped and the ball passed through which left commodore with a saddened expression. He floated over to Rotom and greeted it happily.

James in Flames

Cooooool!
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2012
((OOC: Sorry it's so short, but I don't have a ton to work with, and I'd like to nudge it in the direction you wanted in the first place – figured you'd initiate it, but this should work fine XD))

Nicodemus Grey

Nick kept watching the Pokedex for a moment, listening to Mark without interrupting. Mark seemed a little jumpy himself, a little eager about something – and the way he referred to Commodore was like someone ready to try out a new toy. No, that was too simplistic. It was more like someone eager to work with a new friend, if only because they weren't used to them.

Battle. He wanted to battle his Porygon2 against another Pokémon.

Nicodemus tapped the Pokedex softly, eliciting a chuckle from his Freeman-imitating Rotom. He glanced up at Mark. "You don't have to shy away from it, you know. Both you and your…your Commodore, you both want to battle. If you'd like, I'll take you up on that offer. My Pokémon are at much higher levels, but I can take it easy on you if you'd like me to."

Megaman765

Years
(ooc: Sorry XD I tend to make character interactions go on for awhile :p)

Nick seemed to get the hint that Mark was looking for a battle. He had a good eye for that kind of thing but having Commodore go against Ghost Pokemon would be pretty interesting. Commodore seemed mostly eager to win a battle so he wasn't sure if something like this would make him happy... then again, he was only upset due to being homesick so maybe it wouldn't be all that bad. Commodore could still win! Surely!

"Yeah! I'd be up for battling you for sure! A normal type against a ghost could be interesting." Mark said. Commodore heard the word battle and went on his way out of the Pokedex. He nudged Rotom and nodded farewell to it and transported out of the device.

"So, who's Commodore going to be facing today?" Mark asked Nick.

James in Flames

Cooooool!
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2012
Nicodemus Grey

Nick smiled at the eager young trainer. Mark had courage, that much was for sure. His Pokémon, though, had yet to be tested. This would be an excellent opportunity to see what kind of trainer Mark really was.

Nicodemus whispered a soft word, intending for only his own Pokémon to hear it, and each of his Ghost Pokémon appeared at once. He clicked the buttons on each Pokeball to return them one at a time. It was merely a formality, of course, but he wanted Mark to be sure that the sides were even. One on one. Technically, the Pokémon he would use would likely be tougher than the Porygon – scratch that, it would be tougher. Period.

"Class is now in session," Nick said, a flair of intentional cheesiness in his voice. "Rotom – I choose you."

"You have excellent taste, boss."

With a sizzle of electrical discharge – also probably more for show, since if Rotom meant to he could easily fry the circuitry in Nick's Pokedex – the Electrical Ghost Pokémon exited the mechanical device he temporarily possessed. Terse streams of electricity jumped off of the grinning ghost as it flexed its metaphorical muscles.

Nicodemus didn't smile, but he felt a surge of pride at the strength of his most prized Pokémon. He'd been friends with the Rotom for years, and the effort had paid off in acquiring a powerful ally.

"I'm sure the patrons of Saffron City won't mind if we borrow a few things," said Nick. By now, a small amount of people had started to gather around, a very loose cluster of young people who likely had never seen a Porygon2. Even more likely was the idea that they'd never seen a Rotom. Nicodemus glanced around and noted the mechanical fans that were keeping students on the field trip cool and nodded to his Pokémon. "Rotom, assume F form. Fighting stance."

The Rotom slithered through the air and passed through the fan, making it glow with an eerie golden light. The fan began to hover and whir, the electric cord ripping out of the socket with violent force. Eyes and a mouth appeared on the fan, bemused at the prospect of battle.

Rotom was excited. It had been almost three weeks since its last battle, and animating the form of a fan was a personal favorite. The fans blades continued whirring at a low hum, generating what could almost be considered a purr, and the Ghost Pokémon beamed at the Porygon.

"It's nothing personal, of course," said Rotom to Porygon2 in the language only other Pokémon were capable of understanding. Rotom could use human speech when he took control of a device like a Pokedex with the capability, but in this form, he was restricted. "It's just that it's been a while. I'll take it easy if the boss wants me to."

As if he could understand, Nick gave a curt nod to the younger Mark. "I know your Pokémon is a smidge weaker than my own," he said, trying not to appear rude. His voice was gentle, but tinged with warning. "If you'd like, I can tell Rotom to take it easy. But if you don't want me to hold back…" Nicodemus hesitated, fingering the cigarettes in his pocket in an anxious habitual manner. "…then I won't. At all."

Megaman765

Years
Commodore nodded happily toward Rotom and for once began to speak as well. It was mostly silent since meeting Rotom but it felt comfortable to make conversation.

"I don't take any offense to it. My win streak hasn't been too great but if I go out too fast in another battle I won't exactly learn anything will I?" Commodore said giving off a cheerful expression in his eyes.

Mark nodded. "Sure. Go easy on us. Commodore isn't insulted by it." Mark said. He could see Commodore was very happy to be in another battle. Mark wanted to learn how to battle more effectively as well. Battling a teacher would be more of a learning experience then anything.

"You first." Mark said.

Snype

Snype snickered a bit at the weird look Thyme was giving him. Likely about sniffing her scent. Snype felt the need to look around a bit... it was a big crowd. They could blend in pretty well with all of the other Pokemon around the place. Though he was pretty happy just being with Thyme at the moment.

"Kinda crazy how much has happened in the past 4 days huh? Feels like we've been here forever." Snype said.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
It missed?! Quillie was overwhelmed that the Ghost-pokemon was able to dodge his fastest attack. Maybe he shouldn't have underestimated it.

"I'm gonna get ya for that!" Quillie heard the Misdreavus. The fact that she said it happily made Quillie even more angry then he already was.
"Quilll..."[Shut your mouth...] he said and looked back at the Ghost-pokemon with a grim glare.
"Cynda, cynda!"[Maxwell let me try that!] the way Quillie emphasised the word: "that" made Maxwell shiver.
"Wait, Quillie! Are you really sure you want to try "that"? You do remember what happend last time." he said to his pokemon. Quillie did remember what happend last time he tried "that", but he was determinated to shut that half-baked Ghost-type prankster. Quillie turned around so that he faced Leena and opend his mouth. Then Quillie was enveloped in a deep-red aura, the flames on his back grew larger and he smirked, finally he was going to make it.

Maxwell saw that Quillie was ready to unleash the attack.
"Okay," he said "here goes nothing.", "Quillie!" he exclaimed "Use Eruption!"
The aura enveloping Quillie started to move towards the tip of his head and formed a ball inside his mouth. He was going to do it, finally. But as Quillie was about to unleash the attack, when he felt that something was wrong. Before he could think any further the ball exploded inside his mouth and whipped up a small sandstorm and sent Quillie flying backwards.

((OOC: Sorry I didn't know why I spelt it Psybeam, BTW the Cyndaquil's name is Quillie, no Quill.))

James in Flames

Cooooool!
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2012
Nicodemus Grey

"Very well," said Nicodemus, snapping the fingers of both hands at once. To a casual observer, it would appear to simply be a quick pre-battle ritual, one that would signify to his Pokémon that it was time to battle, but to Rotom it was more. With a deftness borne of experience and practice, Rotom vanished once again – but to the Porygon2 and his trainer, it would appear that nothing had happened yet. The image of Rotom behaved as though it were the real thing because Rotom had deposited some of his life force into it.

It was a Substitute.

"Okay Rotom," said Nick, crossing his fingers behind his back. He was pretty sure that Rotom had performed the move, but by now Rotom had that specific move perfected. It was difficult to tell if it was or wasn't the real thing after all. "Use Double Team! Encircle the Porygon! And don't stop moving!"

The Rotom substitute giggled, and soon it was joined by two other giggles. And then another two. The five Rotom copies started floating around the Porygon2, attempting to disorient it and make it forget which Rotom was the real one. Ironically, it was actually none of them, as the real Rotom was invisible and floating ten feet above the digital Pokémon's head. It swayed back and forth, coordinating the copies without a sound.

Nick had used this strategy many times before, much to the dismay of his opponents. The general principle behind it was to confuse and disorient the opponent's Pokémon, all while keeping his own Pokémon safe. And because of the Substitute, Double Team's power was even more effective – the Porygon could use an attack a few times on it, and it would appear to be the one true copy, seeing as the Substitute would react. But in reality, he could have the true Rotom sneak up on the Porygon2 to execute a devastating attack.

That would come later, though. This was supposed to be a method of training, and Nicodemus was more than happy to teach the aspiring trainer.

"In battle, it is frequent that a trainer will forgo moves due to impatience, believing that a set of physical attacks will get the job done faster. In many cases, that trainer would be right. If you have neutral or better coverage against all Pokémon, it's going to be difficult to beat you, and it all comes down to a race of speed and power." Nick nodded at the Rotom duplicates that were still encircling Mark's Pokémon.

"But if you use strategy, even an inferior Pokémon can overcome. I would never condescend to call either of our Pokémon inferior, but the point is this…a Pokémon is only as good as its trainer, and a trainer is only as good as its Pokémon. The relationship is symbiotic, in a sense."

Nick narrowed his eyes. "Be creative now, Mark. Brute force is only a drain on a Pokémon's power in this situation. Delicacy and ingenuity has its use as well. Think, and then feel free to make your move."

Nick had purposefully been taking his time with another monologue, seeing as Mark had wanted him to go easy on him. Unleashing a string of attacks might prove to be overkill, or even classless. But he might as well ask.

"Ah, and before you attack – would you prefer to battle at the pace of a true Pokémon battle? Or would you rather continue this sort of teacher-student interaction I've got going?" Nick winked.

Megaman765

Years
Right at the start of the battle, Commodore was already surrounded by several Rotom clones. Double team... Mark has seen this trick a few times before. He remembered when Snype used to know it. Snype didn't have too much use for it though since he had other strategies to focus on. That said strategy would have worked perfectly against this Rotom. Commodore looked around franticly for the real Rotom, unaware that the real one was right above them. If he was going to stall, then Commodore may as well make use of that extra time.

"Commodore, Agility!" Mark called out. Commodores movements began to speed up quite a bit. He would hopefully have a bit of an advantage in the speed department this time.

"True pace for now. We'll see how things end up." Mark said. Commodore looked around the clones to see some kind of sign of who was the right one. Mark wasn't left with alot of options at the moment. Rotom was an electric type so the only good charge beam would do is enhance Commodores own special attack. Mark really needed a better way of enhancing those abilities...

"Tackle!" Mark said. Since Rotom was a fan now, surely it must have lost its ghost typing... it was a physical object now unless it still had that trick, Commodore began to ram into the clones till hopefully finding the real one...

Gold19

Yes, I'm that One Guy
Years
Dante

After watching the battle take place and what happened that made the battle end prematurely, Dante looked at the person that who had control over the ghost-type pokemon. Dante then took out Combusken's and Elekid's pokeball and returned to their pokeballs. Rufflet, however, decided to stay out of it's pokeball and climbed up onto it's masters left shoulder.

"Hey N, I going to see if the girl is alright", Dante said to N, while looking at ghost-type trainer. "I don't know who that man is, but what he did was mean."

After having said that, Dante ran off to find Valorie and to make sure if she was alright. For awhile, Dante got lost in the crowd and he started to look around. Then he started to hear a big commotion making Dante go to the location.

Whats going on over there, Dante through. Better see whats happening.

On he got to the location, Dante started pushing through the crowd until he got to the front of the crowd. Seeing how there was a girl witha Pikachu battling in front of Valorie, Dante thought that the girl was Valorie's friend but he could be wrong. So he started walking on the edge of the coward and headed toward Valorie. As he walked over to Valorie, Dante was rummaging though his bag and took out a tissue.

"Hey, are you alright?", Dante asked Valorie, as he approached her and giving her a tissue.

James in Flames

Cooooool!
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2012
Nicodemus Grey

Nick watched as the Porygon2 passed through the Rotom 'clones' several times, and luckily Rotom never stopped moving. The images flickered with each new tackle, but Rotom was doing well at maintaining them besides that, considering Porygon's increased speed due to agility. On the fourth tackle, the Substitute was finally hit, and though it was knocked through the air it recovered quickly.

Split second thinking time. Rotom's Hidden Power was fighting, so unless Nicodemus wanted the battle to end early, he should probably hold off on that. The Porygon did seem well trained in its persistence, despite disappointing in its barbaric method, but that could be attributed to a lack of moves to counter Double Team in the first place. It might be a good time to get Rotom some practice under this particular form.

"Okay Rotom, Air Slash!"

Rotom started spinning around rapidly (rather, the Substitute did, Rotom was channeling through it as the Substitute still had energy) and glowing blue at the edges, and finally it released the energy in the form of a glowing sphere. Unless he underestimated the Porygon's experience, and as long as it didn't get a critical hit (like Air Slashes are so prone to doing) it would give Porygon a decent chance to counter.

Megaman765

Years
Commodore was eventually able to hit the correct Rotom, still unaware this was only a substitute. At least Commodore its target though. Now to see what was coming up next... perhaps conversion would help a bit. He was dealing with a ghost so perhaps becoming an electric type would help considering he knew charge beam. It would help to resist any stronger electric attacks Rotom may have known. Little did Mark know that Commodore's Conversion ability had changed completely.

After Commodore was hit by the rather powerful air slash, Mark figured it was time to take a more defensive approach himself.

"Alright Commodore! Conversion! Electric Type!" Mark called out. Unfortunately that wasn't how conversion worked anymore. It was upgraded to Conversion 2 along with Commodore's evolution. Rather then become an electric type, Commodore's type became something that would best resist the air slash attack. Commodore had turned into a Steel type, changing his color pallate into a light and dark gray color.

"What in the... well... I don't think it was supposed to work like that but it works just as well for us I suppose." Mark said, a tad confused as to why he became a steel type opposed to an electric type. Conversion allowed Commodore to transform based on the moves it knew, but instead it became a type that resisted the previous flying attack.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
(OOC: Ok. Sorry.)

Brian

Leena and Bri were both stunned when Quillie went flying from his own attack. Bri couldn't help but think of Thyme and how she couldn't control Secret Power. Leena floated down to Quillie.

"Hey... Are you ok?" she asked worriedly. Bri was also worried about the Cyndaquil. But he waited to see what he would say.

Thyme

Thyme looked at Snype, wondering what exactly he was refering to. She hadn't been enjoying the past few days. In fact, it was quite the opposite. She hated what had been happening.

"Yeah, really wild," Thyme said sarcasticly. The only thing that she was glad for about coming here was meeting Snype. That, and Brian being happy and finding something he was good at. And the fact that he was making new friends like crazy. Still, it really had been a wild couple of days. She stood up and stretched herself out. She was bored now.

"Say, you remember that Mark and Brian were talking about finding out what was wrong with all the wild pokemon on the island? Like the ghosts that normally don't attack like that? Or in the forest? Hm... I'm still trying to figure it out. Anyways, Brian will be able to look into it when he doesn't need to use crutches anymore. For now, I'm bored. What do you say we go find that trainer of yours or something?" Thyme said suddenly, turning around to look at Snype.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
(OOC: Sorry it took so long to post ^^; )

N watched as the events unfolded in front of him, namely at how Valorie was going to have a battle with Jason, then seeing the battle interupted from Valorie running from a ghost pokemon, and now seeing that the ghost type pokemon's trainer was involved with another person now, while a crowd was ridiculing Valorie till some girl stepped in and had beaten another girl in a pokemon battle telling the other students to knock it off. As Dante ran over to check on Valorie, N slowly followed making his way through the crowd of students, keeping an eye on the man with the Cofagrigus until he made his way to where Valorie, Selena, and Dante were.

He looked down at Valorie, then turned to look at Valorie's pokemon. Looking back down to Valorie, memories of that incident many years ago stirred back up in his mind. . .

Humans aren't just cruel to pokemon, but they can also be cruel to others it seemed.

He turned to face the crowd with an intensive glare on his face, but he was also facing Selena and the girl she just beat in a pokemon battle.

"That is enough. All of you. You are supposed to be pokemon trainers and learning not only how to raise your pokemon at the academy, but you all seem to be missing something very important if any of you hope to dare call yourselves pokemon trainers. . ." he said in a very. . . strict and firm voice. "All of you. . . Get away from here now. I'll make sure each and every student here gets punished if you don't go about your business."

That was mostly directed to the crowd (of NPC's) than it was to Dante or Selene or the other trainers who had not laughed at Valorie's predicament.

He turned to look back at Valorie soon as a portion of the crowd began to move away. He somewhat saw that look of fear she had before, but it was more towards the pokemon he had met with throughout most of his life. . . the pokemon that were abused by humans. Valorie had the same look of fear he had seen in them. He wasn't sure what else to say or do in a time like this. Truth was while Selene's message to the others alone was a powerful one at best, he only stepped in to give a bit of extra strength and reinforcement to tell the crowd to stop. After all, while she was a powerful trainer, she was still a student much like the rest of the crowd was. Sometimes there are those who are unswayed by demonstrations of power. Even if other students had joined her, it would've probably erupted into a much larger fight than it originally needed to be, and would've not only divided into two groups of students but possibly even have a few other people injured that weren't even involved in the conflict. Sometimes an older authority figure. . . or someone who wasn't on their same level. . . sometimes when that person gives voice to a side, it can help end a conflict before it turns into a battle royal of meaningless violence.

Sure the students might not have known who he was or that he was a teacher, but he was an adult none-the-less. They tend to have higher influence over younger teens and students than most would care to admit. He used that to his advantage to help persuade the crowd to leave.

And in case there were still a few smart-mouthed cocky kids who still wouldn't move. . . N would give a demonstration of how serious he was. . . even if he needed to let out Zekrom and have his very pressance alone be enough to make them realize the power and authority he held. Not a tactic he was in favor of doing, but it would also be an effective option if he needed it.

He wasn't sure what to say to Valorie right now. Dante was already starting to give her comfort and check on how she was. Depending on Valorie's response will affect what action N takes next.

Darkgoalie

Psychic Professor
Years
I posted quite a few pages ago but i got a few deatails inaccurate so i am redoing it.

Jason

"I'm a girl, french fry. Remember it!" growled Charizard.

Ralts stared at Charizard with a funny look as if to say 'Really?' But then quickly changed his tone 'Well i guess most people class me as a female due to my ridiculous evolved forms, one of which i will not undergo, i refuse too'.

"Charizard use Crunch" shouted Valorie.
Charizard promptly flapped her wings, propelling herself at Ralts with alarming speed. It would be useless to dodge.

Jason and Ralts smile grew wider as both thier lips synched together at the same time "Perfect". To others, with the exception of N, it would just seem like an ordinary Ralts cry.

As the Charizard got within 10 feet of Ralts, Jason clicked his finger.

"4!" shouted Jason.

Ralts flew up 30 feet into the air.

Charizards eyes widened as she saw the Ralts teleport, she then elevated her wings and chased after it.

"1!" shouted Jason.

Ralts eyes turned blue and a small telekinetic force hit Charizard in mid-air and it came crashing down.

Ralts then started to consistently hit the Charizard with many Confusion's to weaken her bit by bit.

Jason heart started pounding 'Oh my Arceus, this is actually working we are holding our own against a freaking Charizard' but other thoughts formed insi
de his mind 'Hold on why hasn't Valorie shouted a command yet?'

He looked across the field to see a fleeing Valorie.

"Where the hell is she going?" Jason said to himself. His eyes stared off looking to the direction she was running in.

He saw Dante get up and start chasing after her, Jason thought it wouldn't be right to fight a Pokémon without its trainer.

"Ralts stop attacking Charizard" Jason commanded.

Ralts thought to itself 'What? No way i'm about to pwn him with my constant Confusion's.'

Jason saw that Ralts was disobeying and furiously shouted at him.

"I SAID NOW!"

Ralts finnaly listened to him but only after a few more attacks hit her.

Jason's eyes were now bursting with anger as he sprinted towards him.

"What the f... hell do you think you are doing? I told you to put Charizard down not continue the onslaught!"

Ralts looked back with his own angry eyes.

"Why the f*** did you not follow the strategy, i literally had the Charizard in my grasp and you tell me to just to stop, it would have gotten up and eaten me if i stopped when you told me, what the hell kind of trainer are you?"

"One who cares about other trainers" replied Jason, who had turned down his voice, he then pointed to the other side of the battlefield where she once stood.

Ralts turned to see where he pointed at and his eyes toned down.

"Oh, well i guess the absense of a trainer could become a reason" replied Ralts. He then turned back to Jason who had left him to tend to the Charizard.

"Are you okay Charizard?" asked Jason.

The Charizard spat fire in front of him, it looked like Charizard barely took any damage whatsoever, Jason looked into her eyes deeper.

"No wonder we were winning, Charizard's confused"

Charizard hit its head on the ground a few times before finally recovering. It surveryed its surroundings before looking directly into Jason.

"Charizard, Valorie seems to have run away for some reason, its like she just got spooked or something?"

With that note Charizard took off and quickly flew after Valorie.

Jason than followed it leaving Ralts on the battlefield.

Ralts just sat there with a frown on his face, a tear looked like it was starting to develop.

Jason found the Charizard who seemed to be with a group of other Pokémon, one which he recognized as a Flygon.

Jason saw Valorie sitting there crying and Dante tending to her, behind her a girl seemed to running away.

"And I would advise none of you to take the same line as she did...or else...
"

Jason looked up at a girl who addressed the croud, she wore a white tank top and khaki shorts.

Jason took in those words, and processed them thoroughly, 'Same line as she did or else? What is she talking about? Wait she doesn't mean... She must do if Valorie's sat ther crying'.

Jason clenched his fits and walked up to her in a casul but firm manner.

"What the hell did you do to Valorie?" Jason spoke with a loud stern voice.

(I kind of left Ralts in the blue to have a proper interaction with N (Bassiroth)
, who i believe is watching the battle. I also hope the redo is in order.)

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years

Valorie Ryder

The flame on Charizard's tail turned blue again, hinting that perhaps the Ralts wasn't very good at avoiding offending her. Namely because the flame on a Charizard's tail tended to do that when they got angry enough. This time though, it stayed blue.

Charizard: "What's ridiculous about being a /girl/?"

Her question was dripping with venomous accusation. Apparently the choice of words was what had set her off, not that it was that hard to insult Charizard. If something could be taken as insulting, she'd take it that way. Charizard had chased Ralts into the air, only to be distracted by a rather high pitched scream she recognized as being from her trainer and hit with a confusion attack. Perhaps it was because she was distracted and thus more vulnerable to getting confused than normal, but she suddenly found her vision clouded and felt an exceedingly irritating sensation in her head. She suddenly found that she'd forgotten which way was up and crashed back to the ground, though that in itself did nothing to hurt her beyond annoyance. Charizard tried to clear her head, only to feel herself being attacked again. She just sort of stood there trying to shake the confusion off, not even bothering to try and attack Ralts. Her trainer was in trouble! ... somehow. In her frustrated confused state she managed to hurt herself, but to her it seemed like it was working. She could hear a human nearby, and from her very limited understanding of the human language could understand he was trying to ask if she was okay, but that someone was not Valorie so she more or less disregarded it. Finally, she managed to break free from the confusion. She couldn't really understand anything remotely complex like Jason telling her Valorie had run off, but she didn't need him to tell her that anyway. She quickly looked around before spotting Valorie and rushing towards her...

Meanwhile, Valorie wiped away her tears as well as the shreds of her dignity. She had become aware off what had happened. She silently scolded herself for not keeping her composure, even though she really hadn't had much of a chance. At the moment, she hadn't been all that concerned with getting up. As if anyone could think any worse of her for staying down after that major klutz move. What, were they going to call her a /super/ loser? /Please/. Yet... all of a sudden a hand was offered down to her. She almost made a move to take it, but as she looked up to see what was offering the realization hit her like a thunder wave. It was Selene! Valorie froze up, her eyes widening... fridge pun intended. She just sort of awkwardly stared at Selene, not sure what to say or what to do. Sure, she had a special place in her heart for Selene, but the reasonable part of her had long since taken no for an answer. If Selene didn't want it to be that way, Valorie would get over it... somehow. It took a moment for her brain to get the memo though, and by that point it was too late to stop being awkward. Selene's attention had been drawn by a nearby girl. Valorie honestly hadn't heard what the girl had said, but from the sound of it it had been about her. She /did/ hear what Selene was saying though, and a light blush came to her cheeks. She was embarassed, yes, but that wasn't to say she didn't appreciate Selene defending her honor. It was then that Valorie decided she really wanted to apologize to Selene for hitting her with such a bombshell earlier. She didn't want to be afraid to /talk/ to her best friend anymore. It didn't feel right. Suddenly, she became aware of the presence of a boy as he asked her if she was alright and offered her a tissue. It was then that she realized that she wasn't helping Selene defend her honor by sitting around looking pitiful.

"I'm okay..."

She tried to /sound/ like she was okay, but her tone came off as a bit soft and reserved. She accepted the tissue as she stood back up, proceeding to blow her nose and then fold the tissue over itself before crumpling it into a ball. She made an effort to smile for Dante, though her mind seemed to be elsewhere.

"Thanks..."

She was only partially aware of N's presence and what he had done. School children could be rather cruel at times, couldn't they? At least she wasn't hurt or anything. Well, her pride was hurt but... Valorie doubted anyone cared about that. Though, her mind immediately drifted to Selene. Selene cared. She was up there fighting to show she cared.

And then Jason approached her. At first Valorie didn't really understand what he was doing. Was he walking away to find someone less of a joke to battle? He kind of looked angry by his body language. She then realized he was heading straight for Selene. Valorie still couldn't figure out why. It didn't occure to her that someone might think Selene had done that. I mean... everyone had seen the Cofagrigus right? It wasn't just her right? That would be eerie as heck.

Then Jason spoke up and Valorie finally got it. She had to correct that right away before two people trying to help her got into a fight. She briefly glanced at Dante, her tone becoming rather apologetic.

"Pardon me..."

She quickly moved over to Jason and Selene, careful not to run anyone over like before. She wonder who she had hit. Hopefully they were okay. She guessed she would know if they weren't though.

Shortly after Jason had accused Selene of doing something to her, Valorie showed up and attempted to be pleasant, though it was slightly difficult given her current emotional state of 'Wow, I'm a screw up'. Regardless, she was trying.

"Jason..! Hey... This is Selene... She's my best friend, and I owe her an apology..."

Valorie reluctantly looked at Selene as she said this. Her eyes spoke of guilt. Hopefully Selene would know what she was talking about. What /else/ could she possibly be talking about though? It was kind of clear cut, at least for her. Everyone else would be left to wonder. Regardless, hopefully her intervention would clear things up that Selene was not 'the enemy' so to speak.

Last edited:

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Quillie was overwhelmed by the force of his Eruption.
"Dammit! I almost had it this time!" he thougth to himself angrily. He had dirt in his mouth and he had also just made a fool out of himself.
"Hey...Are you ok?" he heard the Misdreavus say, this made him even angrier.
"Cynda--- ppbth."[I don't need--- ppbth.] he spat some dirt out. "Quil!"[I don't need your pity!] he said angrily towards Leena. Glaring at her like he'd gone crazy.

He stood up, his body was still shaking from the impact.
"Quillie come back now!" Maxwell said, he was really worried about his pokemon. He knew that Quillie wouldn't last much longer, not after experiencing that explosion.
"Quil, quil, cynda!"[No Maxwell! I won't!] Quillie said. He couldn't give up now, he wouldn't give up now!
"What?!" Maxwell shouted. "No, come back here right now!" he continued.
Quillie didn't listen, he was so focused on bringing that Misdreavus down that nothing could stand in his way, not even his own trainer.
"Why is Quillie doing this?" Maxwell thought. He was surprised, Quillie had never disobeyed his orders before so why would he do it now?
"He must be really detirmined to take that Misdreavus down." he thought.

Quillie started running, ready to use Extrasensory. But when he tried activate it, he couldn't. It was as if all of his strenght to perform the attack had vanished into thin air. This was the work of Leena's Spite, but Quillie didn't think about it, instead he switched to Quick Attack.
Quillie knew that it wouldn't hurt Leena the slightest, but he didn't care. It was all or nothing and he was ready to bet it all.

Nideous

Years
Brian

Leena had a puzzled look on her face as Quillie just passed through her. She whooped with glee and flew into him, passing through him and into the floor. She floated back into the air and spun around so fast it made Brian get a little dizzy.

"Silly mouse! It wasn't pity! You're very strong! Why would I pity someone strong! I was worried, that's all. You're very fun!" Leena said happily. She stopped spinning and rotated so that she was upside down again as she stared at him. Bri took this chance to look at her moves. He hadn't had any idea what many of them did, but he had to find out.

"Leena, use Astonish!" Bri said quietly. Leena grinned happily.

"Nice choice Bri! Watch this! Boogity boogity boo!" Leena said in human, making a ridiculus face at Quillie, extending ghostly power at him as fast as she could. Bri started laughing despite himself. Those faces she was making were funny!

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Selene
Breathing somewhat heavily, Selene turned away from Valorie for a moment as people seemed to approach from all around them...of course they had been watching, Selene had been so stuck in the moment and wrapped up in her own anxieties that she had forgotten the crowd surrounding her and the girl who had been on the sharp end of her Pokemon as she defended Valorie...and to be quite frank, now that Valorie seemed to have calmed somewhat significantly, insisting that she was fine even though she quite plainly wasn't fine just yet, Selene was somewhat grateful for the diversions. Having other people butting in kind of stopped the awkwardness from swamping them.

"Yeah...thank you umm..." she trailed off, a hand rubbing the back of her neck awkwardly as she realised she actually had zilch idea who this guy with the groovy green 'do was...he seemed older than them physically but...not. She was torn between saying that he was a teacher or just an older student....he didn't give off the same aura as their other teachers did. But the way he had so authoritatatively addressed the bystanders who were sticking their noses in after Selene had fought off the most vocal of them definitely made him sound like a teacher. "I...I didn't mean to cause a scene...I just, thought that I..." she bit her lip slightly, suddenly nervous, eyes darting across to Valorie to see just how closely she was listening. How could she justify this without explicitly referring to her once best-friend who was right by them??

"It wasn't right. And nobody should be put through that kind of...public humiliation...especially not one of...one of my friends..." she trailed off awkwardly, figuring that she had chosen the best possible words given the situation.

Saving her from any further brainache, some kid barged his way over and started shouting the odds at her. As though she was the one who had made Valorie cry in the first place!! She placed her hands firmly on her hips and glared at the boy, marching over until she was only a step or two away from him - that girl had been a warm-up for her, she was more than irritated enough still by the whole sorry affair to be more than able to take it out on this guy, thrice over...that wasn't her style, normally, but given the uniqueness of the conflicting emotions rushing through her, Selene wasn't in her right mind.

Then Valorie interceded. And Sel instantly calmed down, even though her shoulders tensed and her eyes shot to Valorie, wide and following her in an almost insane way - not that Selene was worried or threatened by Valorie, of course, rather that this was the closest she had been to her friend since they had fallen out in the first instance so badly...

And Valorie called her her best friend. And wanted to...apologise??

Selene felt completely at ease as she realised that Valorie didn't hate her...a small smile crept onto her face and she nodded slowly towards Valorie, totally oblivious to the fact that Jason, N and goodness knows how many others were still around them in this very public setting.

"There's...nothing to pardon...if you are willing to excuse my behaviour too?" she said slowly, voice indicating a certain level of acceptance.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Quillie wasn't feeling too well. He hid his head very hard on the ground when he passed through Leena. He stood up, with the fury practically glowing from his eyes whe suddenly he heard her say:

"Silly mouse! It wasn't pity! You're very strong! Why would I pity someone strong! I was worried, that's all. You're very fun!"

What, she was worried about him? She called him strong? Quillie was confused, all the blood had suddenlty left his brain and he calmed down.
"Cynda, q-quilll...?"[You think I'm st-strong...?] he asked her.

But before he could react, Leena had used a move on him. She made a funny face followed by some ridiculous-sounding noises. Normally this wouldn't have scared Quillie, heck it wouldn't have amused him either! But since he was so exhausted and since his brain was all foggy, Leena's face and sounds were warped drastically to frightening levels.
Quillie screamt and fell to the ground, he had fainted.

Maxwell took out Quillie's pokeball and returned him to it.
"You did a marvelous job my friend." he whispered to it.

"Ok Wilson, you're up next!" Maxwell shouted.
Wilson reacted quickly and ran up to the battlefield.
"Swi, swi!"[I'm ready Maxwell!] he said confidently.
"Right." Maxwell said, "Hey Bri, I'm feelin' generous today, so I'll let you make the first move?" he continued as a smile began to form on his face.

Nideous

Years
Brian

Leena flipped over so that she was upside down and looking at Maxwell. She stuck her tongue out playfully at him. Bri scratched his head a little bit. He had never heard of anyone foregoing an attack. He scrolled down to see the rest of Leena's moves. Hm... He already knew Growl. He had seen her use Astonish, Psywave, and Spite, the latter of which hadn't done anything so far as he could tell. That left Confuse Ray. He could guess what it did, but he might as well find out.

"Um... I... Ok then... Leena, use Confuse Ray!" Bri said quietly, his nerves catching up with him. He had beaten Quillie, but if Max was letting him move first, then he must have something planned. Leena fired a bright yellow, shimmering beam of light at Wilson. Bri looked at Max with a confused look on his face.

Back