• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Fan Club

Years
I think the show's fine as is, but the lack of males shown onscreen really makes me wonder where "everypony" came from XD

Also... /looks through above posts

I'm the only female posting on this page. Feels a little awkward.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
No, no! Keep posting! It's cool. xD;
It's nice having the presence of a girl around here. :3
Okay, that sounded creepy. xDDD;;
I still find it funny how the majority of MLP fans are male.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
It's called being comfortable with ones masculinity/sexuality, no? ;D
A quality show is a quality show and most online fandoms are male-dominated anyway. Not to say that there aren't any girls on the internet, as the old adage goes, but I'm just saying that a majority of the internet, and its various fandoms, consist of males in the 13-30 age range. This isn't really a valid statistic, but it's only a wild assumption based on how much sexist material you can find online.

Melody

Banned
Years
Hehehe.

It's because the show is so innovative, and the characters posses real "Anima" aka Humanity. :3

They're not stereotypical so much, they're fully developed and realized young lady characters which are all quite complex in their own ways. Not to mention the art style not only distances it from the flop of the 1980's MLP, it redefines it! The art is clean, smooth and simple, and that draws the eye well and looks good even on an HD TV when upscaled. :3

This little pony in my sig is me. Basically an OC image built for expressing my fandom. :3

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Years

It's called being comfortable with ones masculinity/sexuality, no? ;D

I guess how guys like this show would differ from fan to fan. I think some of the older males get stuck watching this show with their children and their wife. Maybe they were curious like how most of the fanbase got into watching the show.

I don't know really, there could be many ways how a guy would become a fan of this show.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
Astinus said:
It might not be chocolate rain. Everyone was saying that it's chocolate rain because of the song. It could be mud, like maybe the weather control center is broken or there's a dust storm and Dash tries to fix it by making it rain, turning it into a mud storm.

It's possible. The show does show the weather factory and control center in the episode, "The Sonic Rainboom".
By the way, nice fan-fiction you got there.

Sweet Candace said:
I don't know really, there could be many ways how a guy would become a fan of this show.
deviantArt. I noticed the explosion of pony art on the community and I started asking around.
Eventually, someone forwarded a link to me and I've hooked ever since.

~Ryukaa said:
You might be surprised how many females (older than 15) actually watch the show and are fans or it.

Last edited:

Maraala

a fiery passion
Years
Well, that was a nice break~

So much has happened~

Anyway, I have some stuff to share. First of all, I'm working on a fanfic, which is centered around Princess Luna.

I also made a Doctor Whooves plushie (He doesn't have a cutie mark though.)
Spoiler:

And I also made a keychain with Princess Luna on the front, and the Lunar Republic logo on the back. I'm gonna try and make more to sell as well.
Spoiler:

Cura

Years
Oh, hey there. Welcome back!
First thing, nice fanfic you got so far.

Second, I want the keychain so bad now. :D

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Years

You might be surprised how many females (older than 15) actually watch the show and are fans or it.

Again, this is a family show that teaches values to kids. Parents feel good showing their kids the power of friendship and learning other important life values.

Like the fact a rainbow-maned pegasus could be described as "badass" or like learning how to break the sound barrier. You know, life values.

Cura

Years

Again, this is a family show that teaches values to kids. Parents feel good showing their kids the power of friendship and learning other important life values.

Like the fact a rainbow-maned pegasus could be described as "badass" or like learning how to break the sound barrier. You know, life values.

Eeyup, life values. :D It's still a good no matter what.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Years
The animation is great, the characters are cool, they can be easily be identified. The colors are bright, warm, and vivid. The show is just so awesome, that it brings a whole new dimension to My Little Pony and the show bravely declares;

"It's not just for little girls anymore."

Cura

Years
The animation is great, the characters are cool, they can be easily be identified. The colors are bright, warm, and vivid. The show is just so awesome, that it brings a whole new dimension to My Little Pony and the show bravely declares;

"It's not just for little girls anymore."

That's right. Completely correct on those words.

In other things, however... I'm restarting my fanfiction. Here's the link to it (LINK)

Last edited:

Cura

Years
I'm not sure the writers were expecting such a male following, but they sure have embraced their unexpected age and gender bracket.

Speaking of the gender bracket, I found this on YouTube recently.
Gender bender? Or, interesting dimension crossing? I found this funny.

Cura

Years
Ships between the Mane 6 and their "gender opposites' are popular. I've seen some fanart about that, and it's interesting...

I noticed that as well. Some of my fanart is like that as well.

Let's go all 8-bit here!

Last edited:
Years
Hehehe.

It's because the show is so innovative, and the characters posses real "Anima" aka Humanity. :3

They're not stereotypical so much, they're fully developed and realized young lady characters which are all quite complex in their own ways. Not to mention the art style not only distances it from the flop of the 1980's MLP, it redefines it! The art is clean, smooth and simple, and that draws the eye well and looks good even on an HD TV when upscaled. :3

This little pony in my sig is me. Basically an OC image built for expressing my fandom. :3

Welcome to the club, patchy. It's always nice to see another fan of MLP.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
In other things, however... I'm restarting my fanfiction. Here's the link to it (LINK)
Link doesn't seem to work for me. I'm signed in with my typical Google account, but it says that I have to request permission from you to view it.

Sammyskitty, your fanfic ends on a scene that reminds me of a scene I wrote last night (while watching the 12-hour Pony Livestream event) where Scoots and the others talk about fillies who were taken.

Speaking of which, to answer ~Ryukaa's question, my fanfic is about the colt seen (thirty-one times) in the background of The Best Night Ever: Orion the pony. I use the Greek mythology of Orion and a few other constellations as the basis of my plot and twist it to fit the FiM canon rules (Ursa Minor, for example), along with a good old-fashioned fillynapping.

And... Welcome to the herd, Pachy! I love your OC pony.

Cura

Years
Link doesn't seem to work for me. I'm signed in with my typical Google account, but it says that I have to request permission from you to view it.

Sammyskitty, your fanfic ends on a scene that reminds me of a scene I wrote last night (while watching the 12-hour Pony Livestream event) where Scoots and the others talk about fillies who were taken.

Speaking of which, to answer ~Ryukaa's question, my fanfic is about the colt seen (thirty-one times) in the background of The Best Night Ever: Orion the pony. I use the Greek mythology of Orion and a few other constellations as the basis of my plot and twist it to fit the FiM canon rules (Ursa Minor, for example), along with a good old-fashioned fillynapping.

And... Welcome to the herd, Pachy! I love your OC pony.

Whoops! How'd that happened? It's should be fixed now. (Be warned! It's not done.)(LINK) Sorry about that.

Now, here's some more pony fanart!

Trotsworth's Buttershotch in a Box!
Spoiler:

The cuteness is deadly. Lol!

Don't hurt my friends!
Spoiler:

Neos defends his sisters and his friends to the death.

CosmicCupcake Shipping? (Yes, an OC Shipping.)
Spoiler:

Yes, my OC pony Neos and Pinkie Pie. (And yes, the colouring on Neos is messed up...)

Reason:
Spoiler:

Maraala

a fiery passion
Years
Fanart looks great!

Anyway, everything sorta calmed down, so I'm starting back up the MLP FireRed hack. I have all the files from when I stopped working on it. All I need to do is get the team back together. :D

Back