• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dúlra Region [UR]

Years
  • Carter of Oceia's Elite Four sat in one of several helicopters that was quickly approaching the United Regions temporary Headquarters located in Dulra, the Gaol Temple. Some perhaps would be interested in why a temple of all places was being used as the HQ for a war effort, Carter on the other hand couldn't be any less interested. He just wanted to win the war as quickly as possible and go back home so he could veg out at home and help oversee the construction of his chamber at the new league building.

"Sir" a soldier sitting close to the helicopter's door and peering out the small window said to the dozing Carter "it probably won't look good if you arrive at the major base of a war effort asleep."
    "I'm hardly a sir, just a pokemon trainer with a tendency to get wrapped up in events he probably shouldn't." Carter responded with a yawn "Besides, this trip has been boring there's not much for me to do but sleep." The soldier was about to point out that Carter would have had plenty of time to sleep earlier on in the journey, but a sharp look from his commanding officer made it apparent that he would regret doing so.

There wouldn't be time for sleeping though, the helicopter begun to pitch forward and everyone within could feel it descending. Carter sighed, it seemed he would be getting to work sooner than he expected. He couldn't help but wonder why he had been sent instead of one of Oceia's war-hardened generals like Siegfried Schafer.

Only minutes later and Carter was climbing out of the helicopter amongst a mass of soldiers, many other helicopters reaching the ground around his group even as they disembarked. A young Dulran quickly approached Carter's group, apparently being told to look for the man with violet hair dressed in yellow and gold.
    "Mr. Carter, please follow me. The champion will brief you in the temple if that's agreeable."
    "First I'm a sir and now a mister." He chuckled "Sure, let's get this over and done with."

Reactions: Jay

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • I feel as those Talia isn't one I would trust with the hope of the world. She is weak. She does not have the strong will needed to keep the bad future away.

Nuzleaf thinks I should choose Tiomaint.
    I like the way Nuzleaf thinks!

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
    Years
  • "Durahan. Simply because he is our champion.

I have not yet seen Miss Talia's resolve, I do not like Shinnoroma (Shinnen), he can be such a fool. My General (Tíomaint) has too much in his plate already, he can keep the Champion grounded."

I SAY VOTE FOR SHINNEN.

Last edited:
    Years

• pATL1IM.png

"On the behalf of Oceia and in the interest of continuing to benefit diplomacy between my home and the honourable region of Dulra, I will be lending the vote I am fortunate to be allowed to Shinnen."​

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    ORAS_Lady_Icon.png
    "As you were the one to touch the tablet initially, you have the greatest understanding of the situation as it is. Though... you're a bit of a loose cannon, I'm certain you have the strongest will.
    Step forward, Shinnen. I believe in you."

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years

• geoma-thin-demo.regular.png

geoma-thin-demo.regular.png

Durahan slowly opened his eyes to feel the pale and gentle light of the morning sun slowly rise to cover his face. Daybreak had come, the long night was over and he felt exhausted... yet that was all, there were no injuries on his body apart from his severe exhaustion. He looked to his left, sleeping peacefully there he saw his two oldest friends, Tíomaint and Talia looked very peaceful... if tired beyond belief in their own way. Slowly pulling himself to his feet, he looked around and saw a red, rocky ridge. This was... mt. Dia? How had they gotten here? What happened to the cave? He had brief flashes of images... of Shinnen saving his life... speaking of Shinnen, where was he?

Turning around, Durahan got his answer, standing before the shining dawn, with brown hair flowing out behind him, the man known as Shinnen looked down from the ridge to the land below. Durahan suddenly realized where they stood, a bit up the mountain... this was Rósta city temple. The temple said to be connected to that which had been lost beneath the sands. Had that strange light taken them to where they were now? Had they been saved?

Durahan... could not remember.

"This city... their culture. It's from Kasai... you really tried to save us, didn't you? You balance bashing Dúlrans..."

Durahan was surprised by Shinnen's words and walked forward groggily to stand beside him. They looked off the edge together, down below stood Rósta city. The home of all Kasaian people saved from the great tragedy that sunk the region many years ago. Bird pokémon were cawing in the morning light... and people dressed in traditional Kasaian garb were exiting their homes and going about their every day business... all was well.

"I guess you don't remember what happened, eh Champ?" Shinnen asked, looking over to Durahan.

"I only remember that you saved my life... and that you didn't have to... thank you for that. Champion of Kasai... I..." Durahan was interrupted by Shinnen putting a hand in the air. Silencing him.

"Don't throw that formal hogwash at me... I've got my honour as a man of Kasai. Opponent or not, I won't let an innocent man die. Not like that. At the very least I want to kill you one on one. A fair fight." Shinnen smirked. "Just call me Shinnen as well yeah? May as well be more direct after all this."

Durahan nodded. "Shinnen then... I am sorry."

The larger man rose an eyebrow questioningly. "Dahell are you apologizin' for? I tried to kill you."

Durahan shook his head sadly and placed his hands behind his back.

"All these years I thought there were no remnants of Kasai left... I never even bothered to search even though we've housed your people here for generations before my time. I assumed you had been lost to the balance and yes, you're right, I was prepared to accept that. I am sorry... I am so very sorry for the ignorance I and my people have shown in that regard. Perhaps balance is not always the answer when the lives of those we care for are concerned."

Shinnen looked on in genuine surprise... before turning away and gritting his teeth.

"Well... yeah just... don't get all emotional about it." He sighed and shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm bringing Kasai back... and soon. Until then I think I'll be around and about here for a while..." Shinnen grinned and punched Durahan roughly in the shoulder. "So you'd better get ready for a rematch! Don't worry, I promise not to split you in two this time!"

Durahan's eyes widened. "Does that mean... you will forgive us? So easily?"

Shinnen frowned. "Maybe I'm the only guy who knows... but the circumstances have changed. I was wrong to target you when you're not the source of the problem. Now, I know who I'm after, maybe having you on my side wouldn't be such a bad thing after all."

With those words Shinnen stepped off the cliff so suddenly that Durahan couldn't reach out in time to stop him, however, rather than fall to the ground Shinnen proceeded to rise up skywards atop a Mega Charizard Y, the powerful orange fire type let out a roar as he began to move into the distance. Shinnen looked back and called out one more time, a wry smile on his lips.

"I'll see you around Champ! I feel like our lives are gonna get a lot more interesting from here on out! So you had better sharpen that sword and get good at using it! Hahaha!"

Durahan chuckled gently and smiled sadly. He sensed something from Shinnen just then... an immense sadness, a weight on his shoulders. Was it the guilt received by attacking Dúlra, brought on by his personal revelation of a different truth? Durahan had no idea, but he didn't worry too much.

He knew that he and Shinnen would soon meet again.

Turning to help his friends awaken from their slumber, Durahan resolved within himself to be ready for the future to come, whatever it may have held.

Congratulations, Act 1 - Reunion of The Chronicles of Dúlra has been completed!
    Look out for Act 2 - Identity coming very soon!

Last edited:

Jay

Years

tumblr_mbh9yk6PiN1qbs05mo1_500.gif

"Ha... ha... ha...! Alright Old Man... today is the day I beat your damned record! You're buying dinner tonight, no question about it!"

Meet Jonetsu, the high spirited young man whom holds the title of Dúlran Elite Four. A natural battler, he's the son of Krom Spiorad, the former Champion and last ever high king of the Dúlra region. He's eighteen years old and is the youngest man to ever be challenged by a legendary beast for the position of an elite four, a title he accepted as quickly as he possibly could. Only knowing his father to the age of five, before the high king sacrificed himself for the good of the World. Jonetsu loves and respects the memory of his father... however he has had to live with the constant comparison between he and himself.

However one man has never doubted Jonetsu for whom he is and has trained him from a young age to be a warrior, leader and fighter of his own merit... his grandfather, Cava Spiorad. Raising the boy in place of his own son, Jonetsu and the old man are closer than most biological parents and their children with Jonetsu having an almost eternal respect for the elderly father figure for all the good that he has done for him since his father died.

We join Jonetsu as he rushes back home to Rinne city from Calafort. Everyday he does this, in an attempt to beat his Grandfathers best time from years ago... every day he fails he has to buy dinner, whereas every time he succeeds the job falls to the old man. His feet sprinting through the grassy roads of Rinne, Jonetsu finally bursts in through the door of his long term home and pants loudly in exhaustion after his strenuous trial.

"A-alright old timer... there's no way I lost that time! Not a hope!"

Cava, sitting in his arm chair, stands up straight and rubs his old back before shaking his head with a sly smile.

"I'm afraid my boy... you may have been a second or two too late."

Jonetsu makes a dramatically exaggerated startled expression and groans in annoyance as a response. He facepalms and puts a hand to the wall to steady himself as he lets out a tired sigh.

"You've gotta be kidding me right? I sprinted like hell today. I'm broke you know?"

His grandfather tuts as he puts on an old hat hung on the wall and grabs a walking stick to move towards the door. He chuckles gently and gestures for Jonetsu to follow as they exit the front door and close it shut behind them.

"Did I not teach you boy... to respect your elders? Honestly now... how does an elite four have no money?"

Jonetsu pouts and crosses his arms as he follows along, stepping through the long grass.

"Yeah well you can blame Durahan for that. We only get paid per the challenger and there's not been one of them in months with recent goings on... all the other elite have other jobs to pass the time and earn wages, Talia's the owner of the museum in Crann of course, Caitlín's got that whole research thing she does and the like... Dreeta does a stupid magic show for kids..."

Cava smacked his grandson swiftly on the back of his head to shut him up before continuing to hobble along. He had a tired yet accepting smile on his face as he moved forward. He was very tall, a trait that was usually common among the Spioraid family... young Jonetsu hadn't really hit his spurt yet however.

"Then you should get a job yourself, make some means of money other than the occasional pay from the league. You're in a better position than most. Young, spry and more than capable of getting a job for yourself with your status and title. You shouldn't complain about others just because they've done the work you're too lazy to do kiddo! You're eighteen and you complain like you're fifty for Arceus' sake."

Jonetsu growled and rubbed the back of his head where he had gotten hit. He knew his grandfather was right, but he didn't really like parading himself around in public... for personal reasons.

"Well maybe if you didn't make me do some dumb training run every time we have dinner... I'm already the elite four, why do I need to train at all?"

Cava frowned at his grandson. "Can you manifest aura yet?"

Jonetsu snarled and looked away with annoyance. His bloodline was famous for possessing an overwhelming gold aura known throughout Dúlra as the aura of the king. Every Spioraid male destined for greatness was able to make it manifest as a beautiful gold energy almost akin to a flame of liquid regality... however since the day he was born, Jonetsu had been unable to make it manifest. He could sense aura, though not as well as many other guardians, despite this however he had never been able to make it physically appear in any form, not even a spark.

"We've talked about this, maybe I'm just not like you and Dad..."

Cava shook his head gently.

"I sense it in you boy, you just need to find the final push... the inspiration to make your aura appear, for your soul to fully meld with your body and mind. You're too erratic right now... so a structured routine may just help you find yourself sooner rather than later."

The two finally found themselves at the right place, right beside the budew shop and Thessali embassy there was a lovely place that served Kasaian food freshly cooked, a chef from Rósta city had moved into Rinne some five or six years ago and set it up. However... at the corner of Jonetsu's eye he spotted something that caught his interest a little more. A face he very much recognized and a very distinctive tail.

His grandfather laughed heartily and smacked Jonetsu on the back with his cane.

"I know that look... you go on, I'll pay for the food and it'll be inside for you when you're ready. You'll just owe me tomorrow alright? How does that sound?"

Jonetsu raised an eyebrow to his grandfather, that was rather unusual of him to say. He had been away a lot recently and had left his grandfather mostly alone. It would only take him a few minutes to say hello and make conversation... but maybe it would be a nicer gesture to simply spend some more time with the man who raised him.

Then again, he hadn't talked to that other person in quite a while... and yeah, he really wanted to, what of it? What are you tryna' say? Regardless, there was a decision to be made and it was one made swiftly.

Jonetsu would...

Decision time, get ready to vote:

Jonetsu should:

- Say hello another time and pay for he and his grandfathers meals.
    - Go talk to the other person and pay Gramps back tomorrow.

You can ask the following NPC's questions at this point in time:

BY2NLSu.png

Jonetsu, Flying Elite Four of Dúlra

---

x3wHOdO.jpg

Cava, Grandfather to Jonetsu

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2017
    Pay gramps back tomorrow. We see him every day, don't we? What's so special about today? Go talk to the other person.

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
    Years
  • Go talk to the other person and pay Gramps back tomorrow.

I'm curious of the other person and Gramps did say he can go ahead.
    ill respond in ic the next act

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    ORAS_Lady_Icon.png
    "It'd be a shame to pass up on the opportunity to speak with a long-lost friend. Cava knows you through and through I'm sure, so he'd surely understand, and it's not like you wouldn't still join him for dinner later. Let's go talk to the other person and pay Gramps back tomorrow."

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • "Never pass up a chance to hang out with your friend! Go say hi! Gramps will be cool with it!"

shhh jay i like being sorley

Jay

Years

"Alright Gramps! You're great, you know that? Be with you soon!"

Jonetsu grinned with contentment as he ran forward, waving and calling out to the familiar face as he went. His blood stirring as he happily and with great anticipation jogged forward.

"Allia! Hey! What brings you out to- eh? Fuwaga-gack!"

And immediately it was stopped, all anticipation and confidence was stopped dead when a stray branch from some stray tree stretched out an arm to get in the poor boys way, a sudden stumble, a fumble to stay upright... and it all culminated with him falling flat onto his face right in front of the girl whom he was sure was the love of his life. Young miss Allia, the secretary to the Champion himself. Her face was filled with a slight surprise as she looked down at Jonetsu who slowly flipped onto his back and sprawled out, a little smudge of dirt was now attached to the bright of his nose and he had a small cut on his right cheek.

He looked about ready to curl up and die as he noticed Allia above him, looking down at him with mild curiosity... a strange level of surprise... the slightest flake pf intrigue... and if he concentrated he thought there might have been the slightest remnant traces of concern, but he had to squint to see them... and that made him look even stranger.

"Oh... you're the King's son right? The elite four guy."

Jonetsu felt his heart shatter into a thousand pieces to match his body and pride.

"W-we've met before... I'm Jonetsu... we've talked multiple times in Gaol Temple... sat together at Durahans birthday bash last year? You know... Jonetsu?"

Allia looked to the side in a panic trying to remember before finally sighing gently and looking back content. As if she had just succeeded in reforming a very vague memory.

"Oh yeah! You went to get me punch and you spilled the whole bowl on yourself right? That was hilarious! I totally remember you now."

Jonestsu was pretty sure by that point, that he was already dead inside.

Pulling himself to his feet he looked back to see what tree branch or root had made him fall, but much to his suprise he say no such object, instead he found a toy wooden sword lodged in the ground. Had he tripped over this? It was very unusual to see anything discarded in Rinne city. Actually, now that he thought about it, he knew that the Seasonal Sky Festival was set to begin tomorrow, but it usually didn't attract so many people. What was going on?

Allia, whom tried to break the now slightly awkward silencem spoke up.

"So! Jonetsu right? You're a warrior right? You're an elite four so, I guess you and your pokémon are entering into the big tournament they're holding on the outskirts of Rinne for this seasons festival?"

Jonetsu drew a complete blank. A tournament? He didn't have a clue as to what Allia was talking about, so he asked for more information.

"Oh... don't you know? Everyone is free to enter! I heard the other elite four members are entering too. It's a duel, tournament, thing... I get to watch it from a fancy balcony with the champion! People from all over from all different regions are coming... even some super mysterious dark swordsman... and, and... ooohhh it's exciting right?"

Jonetsu was almost stunned, he had never seen Allia so worked up over anything. Did she really find it so exciting? Did she like this sort of thing? Did she like people who liked this sort of thing?! What if he WON?! Would she super duper like him then?! Realizing he was grinning like a fool, Jonetsu shook his head and put on an extremely serious face.

"Of course I'm joining, no special knights or fellow elites scare me! I'm going in there and winning the gold!" Jonetsu puffed his chest out with pride, a smile growing on his face as he felt awfully chuffed and impressive. Allia in turn let out a small oo and awe as she nodded intently.

"I look forward to seeing you then Jonessa! It'll be awesome!"

Jonetsu instantly shattered again.

"A-actually it's-"

"Jo-jo! Look! That's him, the mysterious dark knight! Are you... sure you can take that guy?" Her voice was filled with a sudden hesitation and worry but Jonetsu just smiled confidently and turned to look at this supposed "Dark Knight".

"Ha, of course... I..... can.... hmm..."

He wore black armor the shade of an undeniable ebony, so shaded that it looked to drag those whom looked too deeply into an endless black hole of despair. He wore no helmet, long black hair flowed out behind him and his eyes were a dark grey that seemed to perfectly fit the dark atmosphere of what he wore. Fashioned to his right hand was a gauntlet larger than that on his right, the fingers ended in the pointed tips of claws and the very hand this stranger claimed as his own seemed to be more poised as a weapon than any blade... simply for the glove it wore.

Following beside the man was an unfamiliar pokémon to Dúlra, however Jonetsu had read about it. Zoroark with fur black as night and a mane that burned a passionate and deadly shade of blood red. Its claws rivalled those of its master as the man and pokémon walked towards the edge of the city. The dark warrior said nothing as his mouth was muffled by a shaded scarf... however for some reason Jonetsu felt as if this man had just screamed him down using no words at all.

"...as I was saying."

Jonetsu continued, nervously turning back to Allia.

"I don't know if the tournament is such a-"

He looked at Allia's face, she seemed so hopeful and carefree. She looked at Jonetsu like he was brave and strong and her hype and excitement for the upcoming tourney seemed to make it so that Jonetsu was cast in a different light in her eyes. Maybe if he won she'd finally recognize him.

Maybe everybody would... since the day he was born Jonetsu had lived in the shadow of his father. He was always the Kings son, the bastard child of the former champion. What if he wanted to be his own person, what if he became the grand champion of the tournament? Proved himself as an unbeatable opponent in the ring even to some scary shadowy knight?

But was he even strong enough to do that?

He thought for a moment, before nodding to himself. He knew what to tell Allia.

Jonetsu should tell Allia:

- That he is going to sign up for the tournament right this second.
    - That he doesn't want to join the tournament because he's frightened.
    - That he has no time to sign up, because he was to go for dinner with his grandfather.

BY2NLSu.png

---

x3wHOdO.jpg

---

5vImGIw.png

Allia, Secretary to the Champion

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • miles-oof%28b%29.gif

I-I missed the other...nevermind.

miles-point%28d%29.gif

You like Allia right? Then go, do your best and tell her you are going to join the tournament.

Don't make me quote Shia. Just. Do. It. Yesterday you said tomorrow, now is your chance.

Prove to everyone you're not useless.

Do. IT.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    ORAS_Lady_Icon.png
    "Surely a member of the Elite Four isn't scared to join in a small tournament? If the other Elite Four members are making an appearance, then you should certainly claim your place as one of them as well. And even if you can't beat this formidable Dark Knight, surely you can impress Allia with your battle prowess in one of the other duels. Go ahead and tell her you're going to sign up for the tournament right this second. Perhaps I should consider signing up myself..."

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • Jonetsu should sign up for the tournament!

He's a super good battler and I bet he can whoop that poser dark knight.

Jay

Years

1445966-bigthumbnail.jpg

The day ahd passed by and the tournaments beginning was now at hand. Not much had happened after his chat with Allia, but Jonetsu's grandfather had been rather peeved at being left alone at dinner. Jonetsu had decided to sign up for the tournament, he wanted Allia to notice him and this was the best way to do it. His was the second match to start and the first one had ended mere minutes ago... the gym leader from Crann city had entered the tournament, Jonetsu had never had any direct interaction with Evienne but he knew that she was powerful in terms of aura and she was one of the auric enhanced humans not belonging to the top of the crop of Dúlran civilization. That required soem talent, especially to be recognized by Durahan directly.

How frightening then... that she had gone against the dark knight and been so utterly defeated. The fight had been described as a valiant effort, but a pointless one. The Dark Knight and his Zoroark were the epitome of speed and power, someone as strong as a Dúlran gym leader had been so readily trounced. It wasn't usually heard of... not from a total stranger. Jonetsu was a little frightened as he stood behind the makeshift gate that would open to allow him entrance to the makeshift Rinne city arena set up for the tournament. He knew that not only Allia, but Durahan would be watching him. He was incredibly good at pokémon battling... but a Dúlran tournament was about more than that. The pokémons human partners would also participate, usually with practice weaponry or aura abilities.

He had heard talk that the dark knight could use a powerful black aura that almost totally overwhelmed Evienne's. She had been injured herself, with wounds from that bladed gauntlet. Apparently, this knight fought dirty... and if Jonetsu won this first fight... then he would go on to face the dark knight in the second round.

That was a frightening thought... but for now, he had a different opponent.

The gates opened up and Jonetsu stepped into the arena. The crowds cheered louder and louder as he stepped on the slightly worn grass. Across from him, his opponent presented to himself. He wore a popular and well known white suit and he allowed his stronger than average aura to flare brightly as he waved to the crowds. This man was Dreeta, the psychic type elite four of Dúlra. He was known for his powerful aura and strong mental connection with his pokémon, allowing he and his partners minds to work in unison... the guys aura was so strong that he did magic shows for children across Dúlra by creating various illusions. He was a trickster, that was for certain.

As the show off waved to the audience like some sort of God, Jonetsu looked around the crowds and smiled pleasantly, he spied Allia whom was tapping the daydreaming Champion's shoulders, drawing him to attention. A bit to the right of them in the upper stands was Jonetsu's grandfather, Cava seemed to have gotten over dinner as he warmly cheered for Jonetsu as the young elite four looked at him.

"Jonetsu... are you sure about this?"

Snapping to attention, Jonetsu saw that it was Dreeta whom was speaking to him. What was he asking? Was Jonetsu sure? Of course he was... why wouldn't he be?

"We all know that your aura has yet to develop fully... I won't blame you if you back out now. There's no shame in waiting until you unlock your full potential..."

Jonetsu scoffed and waved his arm flippantly. Both men had their trusted pokémon partners with them for the two on two tournament, Jonetsu had a Salamence, his truest friend since a younger age. It huffed alongside its partner as Jonetsu shrugged off the sincerity in what Dreeta was saying. Dreeta... and the Espeon sitting on his shoulder seemed to both be locked in pensive thought, Dreeta had his brow furrowed. It might have come off as arrogance... but did Dreeta genuinely care for Jonetsu's well being? Did it even matter if he did?

Before more words could be exchanged, Durahan stood up from his chair and waved an arm downwards, speaking with his voice of authority, a tone only ever used for formal occasions or announcements tied to his status.

"Jonetsu and Dreeta of Dúlra, you may begin your conflict! Fight with honor!"

The crowd roared in anticipation as Dreeta moved a hand outwards, his Espeon ran along the length of his arm and lept into the air, at the tip of its tail a sphere of pink energy formed before being flicked with a flip right at Jonetsu. As expected, the Espeon was Aura Enhanced and capable of aura sphere, Salamence had no such powers... which was already a slight disadvantage. Right before the sphere amde impact Jonetsu threw himself backwards, swinging on Salamence's long neck he landed on his partners back and kicked his sides gently.

"Salamence, quickly, fly upwards and hit that Espeon with a Dragon claw!"

With speed to match a bullet, Salamence was off the ground and flying upwards, its claws began to glow with a blue energy as it moved to swipe at the small Espeon's form... but before any impact could happen, a white energy enveloped Espeon and dragged it quickly to the ground, only to land in Dreeta's arms. Was this too a trick of the aura.

Dreeta might have nodded in that next instant, or perhaps he simply willed Espeon to move, regardless the small psychic type moved across the ground towards the area beneath Salamence, unexpectedly, a massive gleaming blast of light began to travel upwards as the eeveelution turned its gaze skywards. Jonetsu quickly leaned with Salamence to avoid the attack but the reaction came a little too late as Salamence screeched to feel its left wing severely damaged.

"Gah... Dazzling Gleam?! Of all things?!" Jonetsu cursed as he tried to help balance Salamence into an appropriate landing. Dreeta wasn't finished though as before Jonetsu nor Salamence could get their bearings, Espeon was upon them again, jumping up and launching another dazzling gleam.

"Gah! Salamence, use Twister now!"

With a massive thrash of its tail, Salamence whipped up a miniature tornado fueled with draconic energy that met with the dazzling gleam and contorted and twisted until both dispersed. Taking advantage of the opportunity, Jonetsu pointed towards the slightly reeling Espeon and nodded his approval to Salamence, opening its jaws for a massive crunch, to finish it in one blow. The Espeon however was too fast to recover as it charged another dazzling gleam. Salamence tucked in its body and flattened its wings, advancing at mach speeds with his jaws wide open, just as the dazzling gleam was launched Salamence charged through the light and crunched down with his jaws, dealing heavy damage to the Espeon as both fell to the ground, knocked completely unconscious.

"Salamence are you- WAAH!" Jonetsu had to jump back as Dreeta swang an aura infused punch in his direction. Jonetsu had to remember that this fight was about more than just the pokémon, but about the people as well. The match continued until only one team was left standing... Jonetsu had to fight to make sure that last team was his. He remembered everything his Grandfather had taught him about dealing with an aura guardian opponent... make your dodges wider than necessary, if it glows it hurts so avoid it, never let your guard down and don't let your opponent out of your sight, not even for a second... finally, counter when the perfect opportunity arises, anything less will get you hit or worse.

Jonetsu took a punch here or there, but for the most part he was able to dodge an increasingly frustrated Dreeta's attacks. He waited for Dreeta to let his own guard down, waited for Dreeta to get annoyed, frustrated. Suddenly, the other elite four let loose an aggressive punch that had just enough power behind it to give Jonetsu an extra bit of room to strike.

"Perfect."

Stepping forward quickly, Jonetsu rose his knee harshly into Dreeta's stomach and knocked him back. Winding the man and causing his expression to alter with surprise as he was pushed back. It didn't deter him for long, however Jonetsu saw he was tired... all it would take was one good punch. Dreeta continued his auric assault, his glowing white fists and energy seemed more strained than before and so Jonetsu found it easier to dodge and even occasionally block the attacks. In a final moment, Dreeta feigned a strike and jumped backwards, he leaned forward gently, panting with exhaustion and wide open to attack. There was no better opportunity!

Crying out and charging forward at great speed, Jonetsu swung his fist around in preparation for a full power punch, this would no doubt finish Dreeta off and - wait. Had Jonetsu just seen what he thought he saw? As he charged forward it almost looked like the tired form of Dreeta had shimmered brightly, only for a split second and no longer... and now he looked totally normal. Jonetsu didn't understand but, if he hesitated on this strike then he would surely miss his opportunity to deal the finishing blow... and he'd be wide open for a final strike.

But what if he was correct and this was some sort of trick? What if he was doing exactly what Dreeta wanted?

There was no time to think about it for too long, the decision had to make and Jonetsu would make it. This would be the defining moment of this battle, he wasn't about to let down Salamence.

It was time to finish this.

Jonetsu should:

- Proceed as planned and strike out at Dreeta full force.
    - Hesitate and attempt a counter strike to a potential attack by Dreeta.

BY2NLSu.png

---

x3wHOdO.jpg

---

5vImGIw.png

Allia, Secretary to the Champion

---

niyz0F5.jpg

Dreeta, Psychic Type Elite Four of Dúlra