• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 23, 2011
    But I'm from Czech Republic and I'm afraid that Czech versions of any Pokémon game doesn't exist. So I just wanted to translate it from English to Czech.

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2024
    Hi, I feel like a noob, but can someone tell me how to index a tileset, like the ones that are already in game, if I try indexing it using infranview it doesn't work...

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    Is there a handy-dandy guide to making item events in advance map? I found one for hidden items, but a dungeon full of nothing but hidden items doesn't strike me as particularly appealing.

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2024
    @Blue4
    Use scripting it's easier...
    Also, some one answer my question, even though I posted it 2 minutes ago >_>
    @Pokemaster
    That question does not belong here -_-

Last edited:

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Hi, I feel like a noob, but can someone tell me how to index a tileset, like the ones that are already in game, if I try indexing it using infranview it doesn't work...
    And why would you want to do that?
    Tilesets are not indexed. Instead follow this tutorial.
    but you can still paly it on a gameboy?

is there any kind of link you can provide where this whole deal can be explained?

Yes. here

Doublet

Zelda PWNs!
    Years
  • Hopefully this doesn't go along with "Demanding a reply"... I seem to have become - one of many I might add- skipped over with all the Hax'n!

Anyway, anyone know how to make my tileset work? In AM its fine (Animations and Backrounds are set to "0") but when I play the game it is all scrambled...

Last edited:

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Hopefully this doesn't go along with "Demanding a reply"... I seem to have been skipped over with all the Hax'n!

Anyway, anyone know how to make my tileset work? In AM its fine (Animations and Backrounds are set to "0") but when I play the game it is all scrambled...
    Wrong block editing? Maybe you could show a screen.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2013
    Where does the evolution data start in hex for fire red? Or any values that I could use from any of the 3rd-gen games to find it would help.

Doublet

Zelda PWNs!
    Years
  • Umm...

Ok, The pics ( Which are attached) might make it look like Animations are set, but I checked each tile...

Some other things you might want to know:
    -This tile is only Eight Bit... But I formatted the colors so it works...
    -There are no backgrounds or animations
    -It appears only the tiles that have a brown background are glitching (Plus a few exceptions)
    -I like Zelda games... Quoting the tiles of LA if you havn't noticed... :p

Last edited:

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    @doublet: Sorry, I have no idea.

Okay, now for my question. How do I change the voicegroup of a particular song? For example, the titlescreen song.

forestw785

I divide by 0.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2010
    Can somebody explain to me how I may have inserted this wrong? and how I might be able to fix it?

Spoiler:

forestw785

I divide by 0.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2010
    hmmm... I hate tilesets... Scripting is more my thing... anyway, how would I gate them? I'd like to keep these tiles, so how would I go about fixing that? link to a tutorial or something? I can't find anything about this (guess I'm not searching for the right thing?)

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2024
    Does anyone know the name of the program that can create a tile set and remove any extra tiles? I know that it is a type of game creator...

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Dec 16, 2010
    I know that in XSE trainerbattle 0x9 is the tutorial battle, my question is, is there any way to edit that battle, like in battle text and the pokemon used. I tried looking around and I couldn't find an answer. Can anyone help me with this question?

firetrainer19

psychio killer
    Years
  • how do you chance the gamefreak logo in ruby. i did it one time before but it don't work i just hit save as in unlz.gba then open up paint then put my username in and and then import it but in to unlz.gba then started the game and it was all messed up so i'm not sure what i did wrong. i don't have any pictures to show right now. i can't remember how i added my username in to it in the first place. lol

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • This is what I mean by a gate:

gateh.jpg

Don't use a map connection, either.
    No, at first I agreed with you. You need a gate but I thought you where being figuratively.

You can use my method.
    Map using tileset 0 23 with using tiles from tileset 23
    Map conection
    Map using tileset 0 23 not using tiles from tileset 23
    Map conection
    Map using tileset 0 24 with using tiles from tileset 24

you just need a map in between your tilesets.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I know that in XSE trainerbattle 0x9 is the tutorial battle, my question is, is there any way to edit that battle, like in battle text and the pokemon used. I tried looking around and I couldn't find an answer. Can anyone help me with this question?

Pokemon used I believe totally depends on the trainer you're fighting.

The text can be edited through a hex editor or text editor of your choice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back