• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What Was Your Starter?

What Was Your First Gen 2 Starter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
The Gen 2 starter's are awesome, so i thought that would ask you you guys what your first starter was?

Was it Totodile?
Was it Cyndaquil?
Or was it Chikorita?

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
On my very first playthrough of Silver, I chose Chikorita, only to realise that it was the hardest of the starters to play with. Silly 8 year old Limey.

On the play through I actually stuck with I chose Totodile.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 30, 2014
I love all three but my first starter was Totodile. It was also my first playthrough of using only one active pokemon (all the others being mere HM slaves). As a result I ended up with an absolute tank of a Feraligatr who wiped through the Elite Four on his own and one-hit defeated Red's Pikachu.

I unfortunately lost the save but thanks to this Feraligatr I've always held a special fondness for the Totodile line.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
In Crystal I chose Cyndaquil, I got a female Cyndaquil so I actually have a Cyndaquil in my inventory that I hatched from an egg.

In Silver I chose Totodile, a while later I traded and cloned Croconaw to Crystal. And many years later Feraligatr ended up in my team along with Typhlosion, luckily I got him over before my Silver game got corrupted.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I played with Totodile throughout Gold, and I used Cyndaquil in Crystal. They were both really amazing members of my team. Sadly they were both on emulators, and I've since then lost my Gold save due to computer reboots.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I went with Totodile in Gold. I always start with the water type started in my main file for a generation, though since gen 2 was only the second gen, I'm not sure if that pattern was fully established yet. I liked the look of Totodile the best, and I loved my water type Squirtle, so Totodile seemed like a good pick. I didn't like the way its evolved forms looked, though, so I never evolved it.

I started with Cyndaquil when I started Silver a year or two later, and chose Totodile again in Crystal. I've never been a big fan of the Chikorita line.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
My first started in GSC was my Totodile in my Silver Version. After that, I bought Gold Version and my starter was Cyndaquil, and after that I bought Crystal Version when it came out, and I picked Chikorita.

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
Years
I choose cyndaquil as my starter in Silver. After it become Typholosion, i trade it to my Crystal then i choose Totodile as my starter...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 8, 2024
First one I played was Gold and my starter was Totodile which I raised to level 81 by the time I got to Kanto but not knowing what it did released it in the PC. I then started to raise a Pigeot which took like 100 tries to beat Blue but never could beat Red. I then met a friend who had this cheat engine and I started again with the code for all 3 starter Pokemon and got them all and he also put the code in and got me a Mewtwo and a Celebi along with the others. I then caught a Pidgey as my 6th Pokemon in the team. By the time I got the Red I beat him easy with 4 fully evolved and a couple of legendary Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back