• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    yep you definitely can start over and get them from pokebank again, and even if you had x and y you could move them all from one game to the other pretty much right from the start of the game. just not that you can't keep items and your pokemon of higher levels won' obey you anymore until you get certain gym badges

ViperSpeeds

Espada
    Years
  • Two questions

Does anybody here have a Friend Safari with Chansey (I need Lucky Eggs), and is there any way I can get a Blazikenite (I missed the Mystery Gift event)?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Does anybody here have a Friend Safari with Chansey (I need Lucky Eggs), and is there any way I can get a Blazikenite (I missed the Mystery Gift event)?

I have an extra Lucky Egg (or a couple!) I could trade, same with an extra Blazikenite with an untouched gift Torchic with it. However, I am saving those for something really good in trade. Maybe we could work something out? PM me

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • I don't have the game but I believe many other players have beaten XY so I thought I'd ask this. Out of the 5 HMs which ones are absolutely required to beat the game?

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    I was wondering, what is the best way to find a shiny Ralts.
    I want to find one not trade, so I can say it is my own.
    Any suggestions?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    on Golurk which is stronger: Iron fist boosted Shadow punch or phantom force.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    on Golurk which is stronger: Iron fist boosted Shadow punch or phantom force.
    Phantom Force is stronger:

60x1.2=72 (Shadow Punch)
    Phantom Force base power: 90

The thing is is that Phantom Force's charge up turn makes it a bit easy to play around. It sees more use on bulkier Ghost types stalling for an extra turn.

Shiroi Alucard

White Knight
    Years
  • Quick question: After defeating the Champion and going into post game, when you leave your home and * said to trade pokemon, I would just like to know if I'll see the pokemon in a battle with her after we trade.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Quick question: After defeating the Champion and going into post game, when you leave your home and * said to trade pokemon, I would just like to know if I'll see the pokemon in a battle with her after we trade.
    You don't get to battle with her in the post-game, so you aren't gonna get to see the Pokemon you traded her.

Ramonski32

Champion
    Years
  • Pokemon X & Y Trading System

:)The other day a friend of mine wanted to trade with me. But he couldn't trade his Woobat because it said it had special moves. And nobody knows the solution even though the moves that Woobat has are Fly, Air Slash, Confusion, and Hidden Power we tried other pokemon with the same moves and it would let us. Thanks for all help!:(

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • Sorry again if this is the wrong spot for this but since I need it on my 6th gen. game I said "why not" but I need to see if there is a way (I saw a google link, but passed on looking at it) but I need to see if there is a way to get a shelmet with the HA overcoat and the egg move spike? Thanks.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    You can't breed patterns. All Vivillon you breed with have the pattern associated with your region.

If you live in the US you have 1 of 4 patterns. Polar, Modern, High Plain, Ocean.

So if I were to get Monsoon pattern, all my babies would end up with Modern Pattern because that is the pattern for my region.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Sorry again if this is the wrong spot for this but since I need it on my 6th gen. game I said "why not" but I need to see if there is a way (I saw a google link, but passed on looking at it) but I need to see if there is a way to get a shelmet with the HA overcoat and the egg move spike? Thanks.

You can only get HA Shelmet from the Dream World. And yes, Spikes is a valid egg moves for Shelmet.

Sources:

Years
  • Khrysta is right, but if you misunderstood his post, here's how it works.

What he's saying is that if you breed Vivillon together, even if they have different patterns, the baby Scatterbugs will always evolve into the Vivillon pattern that is assigned to your region. Say for example I had a male Marine Vivillon bred with a female Elegant Vivillon, if I bred the two the Scatterbug produced from the egg will still evolve into a River Vivillon in my case, since that's the pattern my region gets.

The pattern is basically the same as the one you get from easily evolving a Scatterbug caught in the wild, and this changes based on what your region settings were at the time you started your save file. Example is: your region setting was New York, USA. That region gets Polar Vivillon so that means that if you were to breed, that will be the pattern your baby Scatterbug will evolve into.

As Khrysta mentioned, some countries get more than one pattern, and the one that's assigned is then broken down into smaller regions in that country. Click here for a map of which parts of the world get which specific Vivillon forms. There's a colored name under each Vivillon pic shown which match the color highlighted parts that correspond with the pattern.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back