• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Yeah, this belongs to the Pokémon X & Y section. I believe simple questions like yours belong in the Quick Questions and Answers thread, so one of the X/Y moderators might move your post over in that thread.

pokemon-10.gif

Thread moved.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    So I've just arrived in Geosenge town. I've read walkthroughs of Geosenge town, and it says Team Flair should be there when you arrive, but when I got there, nobody was present. I've gone around the whole town (Which didn't take long) and I've talked to everyone, but I can't seem to progress at all. Team Flair won't appear. Would anybody happen to have some helpful tips? C:

I could really use some help here, people :c
    I've moved this into the Quick Q&A section now. Team Flare doesn't appear in Geosenge Town the first time you get there. If this isn't your first time there and have 7 badges, then check way in the upper left corner of the area.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • Ok another question as I wasn't expecting this to happen. I done an update (I know I didn't need to) but it told me it was time, so I done it on both of my 3ds's, on now for the 2nd part of it, I have 1 1 Y game and 2 X games, well I only use one of my X games to trade and clone with for now, when I (but only) when I need some thing from my 2nd X game it has the (what i call) my cloning (trash pokes on) and vise versa when I put in my 1st X game, ok now for my question, I have 3 micro sd cards, is there a way to use the one 3ds that I use for my X game with out switching games ever time and that happening?

Any body? I don't mind switching sd cards as I don't use the other game so much atm.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • Well if I am not mistaken, that is both X and Y all you need to do is click on the pokemon and then click on it's summary and it will jump or what ever that particular pokes does, as for Keldeo I am not sure if it has to be a certain form or not.
    Are there any websites, youtube accounts, or whatever which have them? I want to show my online friends who don't have Keldeo how its animations look like.

Years
  • Pokemon Breeding Order

Hey, I've just sort of recently (last 2-3 Months) gotten into breeding. My question is, in what order should I breed for Natures, eggmoves, and hidden abilities? Should I breed for the nature I want first then pass down ability, then eggmove etc. Not sure if there is a standard way to go about this.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    There's no standard, and you can do it any way you want, however, since pokemon level up in daycare, if you teach them egg moves and forget to take them out and reorder them so that the egg moves you want to keep are at the bottom of the list, you could accidentally delete the egg move you're trying to pass down. Especially at lower levels when one trip up route 7 and back can level the pokemon in daycare up by 5, 6 or even 7 levels all at once, so you could easily lose egg moves if you don't pay attention.

There's no reason why you can't breed for Hidden Ability and intended nature at the same time, after all having a parent with hidden ability doesn't automatically mean the offspring will have it, it could still have it's normal abilities so you would be breeding multiple pokemon anyway just to make sure the hidden ability passed down. But in terms of ease, the easiest thing to do is breed for nature first, because then you can give it the Everstone and then EVERY offspring will have that nature, so it's just one thing you won't have to think about anymore. Then go for Hidden Ability, and then finally egg moves, especially if the pokemon you are getting egg moves from is at a high level that it either won't gain levels very fast anymore, or it won't learn any more new moves so that way no matter how many offspring you get, you don't have to worry about the parent accidentally forgetting the egg move you want the offspring to have.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Are there any websites, youtube accounts, or whatever which have them? I want to show my online friends who don't have Keldeo how its animations look like.

I don't think there are just .gif files of all the attack animations yet, since the best I could find were the idle animations. However, there is this battle with Keldeo on Youtube, is that the animation you're looking for?

Years
  • I maybe want to restart my Pokemon X game.
    But I have some pokemon that I don't want to lose...
    How can I start over, without losing my dear pokemon
    icon_wink.gif
    ?

I have a pass for the pokemon bank, is that a solution?

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    I maybe want to restart my Pokemon X game.
    But I have some pokemon that I don't want to lose...
    How can I start over, without losing my dear pokemon
    icon_wink.gif
    ?

I have a pass for the pokemon bank, is that a solution?

Yes, depositing your Pokemon to Pokebank is the best solution. It's easy and safe to do, so I recommend it to you. Omce yoi have started a new game, you can withdraw your transferred Pokemon to your new game.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Okay, but my items are definitive gone?
    That's what I heard...

Yep. That's what I heard as well. Never tried it though.

Anyway, what you can do is to trade your important 'mons holding your important items to a friend.
    They'll hold it as you start a new game, and then you'll need to catch Pokémon like a maniac so you can get your PKMN back. :3

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2015
    Can anyone help explain EV, Ive only just learned how IV works but not got a clue on EV

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Okay, but my items are definitive gone?
    That's what I heard...

No, your items are NOT gone, they are simply put back into your bag. IF however you have no room in your bag (such as if a bunch of your pokemon are holding Lum Berries and the lum berry inventory in your bag is maxed out) THEN your items will be gone, but if you have room in your bag, they will simply be returned to your bag.

Years
  • No, your items are NOT gone, they are simply put back into your bag. IF however you have no room in your bag (such as if a bunch of your pokemon are holding Lum Berries and the lum berry inventory in your bag is maxed out) THEN your items will be gone, but if you have room in your bag, they will simply be returned to your bag.
    But if the items are in my bag, and I reset the game, they are gone, aren't they?
    Or can I store the items elsewhere?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    But if the items are in my bag, and I reset the game, they are gone, aren't they?
    Or can I store the items elsewhere?

sorry, I thought you were just asking if you sent them to poke bank. but yes, if you reset your game the items are gone, unless you give them to another player you trust via trade and then they trade back to you after you restart your game

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back