• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Woohoo xD This is the first time i'm posting something in this thread X) And why? I finished the map of the route I'd to do... However plz say what i could do better ;) (the 1000st time: my english sux xD)

Spoiler:

I'll start tomorrow with the last map of the beta >:]

My only comment isn't about mapping, but Goodies, the tiles need improving. Especially making sure that there is a point on the trees (as they are missing the tip), and the mountains corners (You know which ones... The ones that have a low external angle, but a high interior angle!). These do need changing to fit the tiles, as they don't seem... Right. I'm too picky, so I apologise.

Anyway, I don't think much improvement is needed. I can't tell too much, but it looks great!

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Don't worry about the trees, I fixed them in an old Ips looky! I intend to do this when I get the patch back from MoP ;)

marxlooky.png

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I actually really like these tiles. They're both interesting, and a nice fit. It'll certainly make this a unique hack, as if it isn't already. ^^

Last edited:

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
  • The tree tiles look really good now. MASTEROFPUPPETS93, that map is really nice. It looks very natural.

I can really tell the difference between his style and my style now that we've mapped with the same tiles. Good transition though for his mapping to start after a cave.

Logan

Years
  • Jake is gay. Harry is awesome :P

The tree tiles look really good now. MASTEROFPUPPETS93, that map is really nice. It looks very natural.

I can really tell the difference between his style and my style now that we've mapped with the same tiles. Good transition though for his mapping to start after a cave.

Yeah xD. I like the styles of both of you, soon we will have mapping from Melon too :P

I actually really like these tiles. They're both interesting, and a nice fit. It'll certainly make this a unique hack, as if it isn't already. ^^

Yeah, it's a mix of a range of artists :P. Yeah, I have unique abilities ;)

Above the lake there's wild grass :X
    Good luck again!

No, below it actually xD. Don't worry, it's there for a reason :P. That will be the only location to catch a certain Pokémon ;)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Jake is sad that Harry keeps sneaking little insults into the titles of his posts. >:

That can probably be fixed pretty easily, with a few small tile edits. Just make it so there's a sort of path with mountain colors on the outside, and grass on the inside. That way, it'll look like the mountain is sort of melding into grass, as opposed to just BLAM there's grass. :D

Logan

Years
  • Shuddup Jake! Imma not doing anything wrong xD

nxj52.jpg

The rocky walls bothers me alot with those unnatural squares. Can you make them more natural? ^^''

K den xD Do ma sprites in-exchange :P

That can probably be fixed pretty easily, with a few small tile edits. Just make it so there's a sort of path with mountain colors on the outside, and grass on the inside. That way, it'll look like the mountain is sort of melding into grass, as opposed to just BLAM there's grass. :D

Okay you do it I cba. Btw do you want to be on my time for comfort and being awesome!?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    All in good fun, right? :3

Okay you do it I cba. Btw do you want to be on my time for comfort and being awesome!?

Errr.. okay. I dunno what exactly you mean, but I'll do the edits and stuff, if you need. :3

Logan

Years
  • Yeah that is what I thought! Now, get on your knees and clean my shoes! xD

Errr.. okay. I dunno what exactly you mean, but I'll do the edits and stuff, if you need. :3

Okay I shall make it simple for you:

You and me = Awesome
    Cierra = Awesomer
    Shian = Needs more awesomeness!
    Get it now? You can like be a mapper and be awesome :P
    ---
    Well, I don't have the latest IPS, but everything I have done will be transferred over xD. Well, here a preview of the hero prior to Beta 1! Heroine will be done soon enough.

Psscreenie10.png

Thoughts please guys!?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Eww.. you've got gum all over them. Seriously, don't they like stick to the ground?

Sure, I'll map too if you want. :D
    Also, the hero looks pretty good. Who made it?

Logan

Years
  • Um... Jake, that isn't gum. Gum isn't brown and smelly.

Sure, I'll map too if you want. :D
    Also, the hero looks pretty good. Who made it?

Yeah mapping please ;). Um... Can you guess? It's that person I overwork so much :P

The flowers suck.
    Are you going to fix it?

They don't suck, not the new ones anyways. It's the animation that is the problem :/

I finished the map of your city, Goodies ;) Here is it:

Spoiler:

btw: I'll insert the flower now :P

It's fantastic! I am bugged about a few things, but I'll fix them when I get the IPS from you. Any chance you know about the animation?

I think the Gym is too thin.
    Should have another line of tiles behind.

Don't worry, that's on my fixing list!

Logan

Years
  • Do you know how to fix the animation?

I do.

Nope. I'm sorry... I don't know about it :/

Okay.

noob :P
    In the tilemap, you replaced the new flower tiles for the old ones, right?
    Well you don't do that.
    Paste them somewhere else on the tilemap and then paste the new flower over the tile itself.
    Easy no?

You could do that. Or you could fix it in Tile Molester. That way you actually have an animation. But I don't mind xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back