• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Darker than it Seems: A Brighter Future

Shipping poll, pick as many as you want!

• Total voters

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years

Darker than it Seems: A Brighter Future

Previously in Darker than it Seems:

"The most infamous incident that occurred in Kanto; was the Rocket Bio Crisis. Team Rocket has been researching Pokemon and child development, and has tried to implement Pokemon genes to infant humans in hopes of creating a human capable of Pokemon power. There have been many failures which lead to the death of people and Pokemon, but success was imminent. Eventually, they have succeeded in creating humans with Pokemon power in which they planned to use for world domination. Though, the success was short lived, as the people quickly broke out of the rocket hideout at young ages. Several of these people have scattered through the Kanto region, and that, has caught the media's attention. Soon, Public information of these modified humans has been displayed throughout Kanto, and given the name: Hybrids
Years have passed since the incident and though the existence of the Hybrids have been revealed, most of the world has alienated them due to their unique capabilities, and will do whatever it takes, to exterminate them."
Quote from Gray-_-Hatred, the original gm of Darker than it Seems

During this time, a group of Hybrids had escaped from the clutches of Team Rocket, or as they called them "Team Wet Paper-bag." The group of friends, although facing many obstacles along the way, came to do great things. They had defeated Team Rocket many times, eventually taking them down completely. A decade has passed since the destruction of Team Rocket, and although Hybrids were assimilated into society, mostly for fear that they would revolt against the populace if segregated, they are still not treated as equals. Hybrids' powers are unstable and feared by many.

Because of this, scientists had begun researching the fundamentals of pokemon and human genetics. They had begun to create a serum that would stabilize the powers of hybrids, but were stopped when they accidentally discovered that humans and pokemon both contained a single chromosome with the exact same dna sequence. This sequence was unexpressed in humans, but in pokemon it granted them their amazing abilities. The government shut them down immediately, altering the genetic makeup of a human could potentially give them stable pokemon powers, controllable powers that would no doubt be even more powerful than a hybrids when they reach their full potential.

Currently:

This roleplay will focus on the start of a pokemon journey of a group of friends, but this group is no ordinary group of kids. These kids have unknowingly been the victims of Team Shadow's experiments. A group of evildoers bent on the destruction of mortals and conquering the world. You will play one of these friends, on a journey through Kalos. Unfortunately, their journey will have many challenges. And what they set out to do in the first place may not be their goal in the end. You, as a roleplayer, will greatly shape the story by creating it yourselves, as long as you check in whenever doing something major and follow the rules.

Character levels:

At the start of the roleplay your character's powers will be minimal, however as time goes on and your character develops their powers will also grow stronger. I will decide when your character has progressed enough to level up, and at that time you may submit your extended list of stats and use your new abilities IC.

1] Undeveloped
  • 1 Type
  • 1 passive pokemon ability
2] Unskilled
  • 1 Type
  • 2 moves
3] Novice
  • 1 Type
  • 3 moves
4] Competent
  • 2 Types
  • 4 moves
5] Proficient
  • 2 Types
  • 2 passive pokemon abilities
  • 5 moves
6] Advanced
  • 2 Types
  • 6 moves
7] Elite
  • 3 Types
  • 7 moves
8] Master
  • 3 Types
  • 8 moves
  • Mega Evolution

This rp will start in Vaniville town in Kalos. Your characters will be able to travel anywhere in the region, however flying and other forms of quick travel are not available due to plot shenanigans.

locations_of_kalos_region_by_pokekawaii-d6qgety.png

Rules:

1: Follow the general RP rules.
2: This is rated [M] so be mature.
3: Swearing is allowed but don't do it in every sentence.
4: Romance of any kind is allowed but don't go past first base.
5: RolePlayers CAN fight each other.
6: do not kill off a Roleplayer Unless they tell you you can.
8: If a player tells you to kill them, you don't have to, but if you do, the Roleplayer killed CAN be brought back to life, but one of their types changes to ghost, affecting their current character's abilities. This is the ONLY way to become a ghost type, however, the downfall of this, is that I will decide your moves AND ability after you become a ghost type. I will, however, discuss your preferences before deciding.
9: You can have Pokemon in the PC, However, You start off with none. Just remember to keep track of all your PC Pokemon. No more than 10 in the PC at one time. This allows you to have 16 pokemon at one point in time, if you want more after that you must release some before catching another.

Sign-up:

Name:
Appearance:
(Picture or 1 or more Paragraphs to describe your character's appearance)
Type:
Ability: (Yes like a pokemon ability, but it's yours)
Starter:

Starters:

chespin.gif
gastly.gif
porygon.gif

Each person signing up will try out for a starter, therefore only one person will get each starter, and after a certain amount of time, which may change depending on how busy I am/how many people have signed up, I will pick one person to accept for each starter. If there are more starters available you may choose to try to sign up again with a different starter.

Players:
ElBurrito as Garett Temero
LinearAxel as Versai Penumbra
Godzil as Ryan
IcyIce as Alex Hunt
shatteredxfrost as Emery Calder
Zatanna as Myra Rose
Gray-_-Hatred as Tyre

Last edited by a moderator:

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
Years
As a member of the original Darker Than it Seems I would like to reserve a spot if possible. Funny enough I was just thinking about that RP and wishing it hadn't gone downhill and died. I'm assuming this is a continuation and not a reboot?

ElBurrito

Years
Alright. I might end up using the same type of personality as I used for Darren, simply because I wanted to do more with a character like that but never got the chance since I had to kill him off. I'll try to get my SU up by the end of the day.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hmm obvious I was from original to... If I do join, I am not going to plan anything big lol. Already in 2 RPs that are somewhat alive.

Set a side a res for me, for now. Please. I will make a 100% choice in the coming days.

ElBurrito

Years
Here's what I've got for my SU. If there's anything you need me to add/remove please let me know.

Name: Garett Temero

Personality: Garett doesn't care much for being around other people and keeps to himself whenever possible, however he doesn't mind having a close friend or two. Garett has been known to be resourceful and manipulative, crafting makeshift tools to get himself out of situations and tricking his opponents into helping him out. He can be very stubborn, hardly ever backing down from fights and being very reluctant to change plans once his mind is set. Garett is also loyal to the few people he calls friends and often times goes into a blind rage when his friends are hurt or when he's betrayed. Despite being resourceful, Garett doesn't always think things through and often gets himself into fights and other risky situations.

Appearance: Garett has tan skin, stands about 5'10", and though he appears thin Garett is quite muscular. Garett has violet eyes, black spiked hair colored purple at the tips, and a black tattoo of a Seviper that coils around his right forearm. Garett is usually found wearing dark gray t-shirtswith black camo jeans and black hunting boots.

BR8rqOa.png

Type: Poison

Ability: Poison Point

Starter: Rufflet

Last edited:
Years
Would you kindly reserve me a spot and a Froakie? I'll put up an SU when it's done.

Happy to see this come back. I had a blast and a half in the original!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Res Eevee for me if we can res pokemon. I will have a sign up tomorrow. Need to figure out what I want to do with my character.

But just for some confirmation, the characters don't know they are hybrids right? Do we learn through character development?

LinearAxel

Years
If we're reserving, I'd like to reserve Fennekin. I'll have my SU up tomorrow afternoon. The day kiiinda got away from me.

Years
Res Eevee for me if we can res pokemon. I will have a sign up tomorrow. Need to figure out what I want to do with my character.

But just for some confirmation, the characters don't know they are hybrids right? Do we learn through character development?

Well, they don't know of their abilities, no. But in this one they're not Hybrids but another type of humans with pokemon powers which they'll be able to learn more about through the story.

Also reserving is not a thing, due to the way I'm handling SU's. It's basically an audition sort of thing. The person whose character best fits with the starter will get that starter. I'm trying to make it more fair in terms of, if someone signs up first with a water type trainer but picks fennekin, then a person later who signs up with a fire type trainer won't be left without a fire type starter. That way everyone gets a chance at the pokemon they want. I'm looking to start the rp in two weeks, so I'll approve people then and whatever starters left after that will be a first come first serve kind of thing.

I'm also looking to make a Skype chat when the rp starts. It makes communicating easier, so I can answer your questions faster and such.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Kk I didn't think reserving was a thing. Still trying to figure out how I am going to handle pokemon which is why I am stuck on the SU at the moment. I don't want it to be your average, just catch anything that is a pokemon.

I am thinking about pulling a Casey who likes yellow and black pokemon, but probably not those colors.. Will try to have a SU up sometime this week if not tonight.

LinearAxel

Years
Name: Versai Penumbra

Personality: It's difficult to tell if Versai is peaceful or incredibly suppressed; either way she is incredibly calm and soft spoken. Thoughtful and calculated, she attempts to handle any problems or threats with words orclever, non-violent tactics—fighting is not something she's incredibly fond of; however, if pushed too far, it's almost as if something snaps inside Versai, as she can become quite vicious. She is generally apologetic and regretful once the thrashing has subsided and she returns to her normal, demure self. She also has a bit of a motherly side, having a powerful desire to protect and look after those she sees as children.

Appearance: For a woman, Versai is quite tall, standing at 5'9. Her eyes are a deep shade of purple, and are always ever-so-slightly slanted, making her appear somehow sad, or at the very least tired, even when smiling. Her black hair has grown to her mid-back, and is incredibly straight. Vercai dresses in dark colors; namely black, and deep shades of blue and purple, and she has a tendency towards dressing in layers.
Versai_zpssnsbwsbe.png

Type: Dark

Ability: Shadow Tag

Starter: Fennekin or Eevee

Last edited:
Years
Name: Ryan Anders

Personality: Ryan is a bit of a romantic, thinking that the world is full of beauty and mystery. He is quiet and a little shy, but works hard and is quick to jump in and lend his assistance. He craves adventure and thrills, enjoys pushing himself to the limit, and overall just wants to have fun. However, he tends to overreact, apologizes a lot, and is overly critical of himself.

He enjoys learning more about the world, preferring a hands-on approach where he can go out and get directly involved. Despite his general nervousness, he enjoys playing games or competing with other people, as long as they play fair. He doesn't hold grudges, but he doesn't forget his losses, either. The fact that Ryan never gives up is one of his better qualities.

Appearance: With his height of 5' 6", Ryan is fairly average physically, and appears to be thin and weak. He's actually well-muscled, but it's the lean muscle that gives him a slim, wiry build. He has large, expressive eyes that are a light brown, almost orange, though some people claim they look red sometimes. His hair is dark and spiky, although it could just be tangled and messy because he never does anything with it beyond cutting it if it gets too long.

He prefers simple clothes, often just a t-shirt and slacks, along with heavy boots to protect his feet. He also wears a short leather jacket, liking it because his adoptive father wears a similar jacket.

Spoiler:

Type: Water

Ability: Swift Swim

Starter: Froakie

Last edited:

Zatanna

Magician Princess
Years
OH MY GOODNESS!
I AM SOOOOOO HAPPY TO SEE THIS! I HOPE TULIP WILL BE MAKING IT BACK AS AN IMPORTANT NPC !
I MIGHT NEED TO SIGN UP FOR THIS.
Sorry for the caps... Im just so excited to see this!!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Nice to see both of you back Z and Shattered.

This is basic info right now. I want to add a bit more to personality. This was quickly put together. Tomorrow I will work on it some more.

Name: Alex Hunt
Personality: Alex is kind, but knows how to speak up. He doesn't usually get mad, but when he does, it usually surprises people. He loves being outside, especially in the snow. He loves to make friends and isn't shy. He can normally talk to everyone like his family. He has a love for pokemon that remind him of winter, white, silver, gray, and black pokemon being the normal. He is pretty smart when it comes to pokemon. He loves traveling and studying lore and history of the pokemon world. He loves being outside even when it is hot out, but he prefers colder weather. He loves reading and running around, playing with his friends. Most of the time, he does what he thinks is right. He is also a fan of Ice Type trainers.

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Alex has dirty blond hair, more brown than blond. His hair isn't very long, but isn't short either. It messes with his ears and goes to the back of his neck. His eyes are sea green. He usually wears silver, white, black or gray colors when it comes to clothing. He stand at about 5'10". (I will try my best to find a picture, but haven't found a good one yet.)

Type: Ice
Ability: Water Veil
Starter: I do not mind, since it is based off how are characters are.

Last edited:

shatteredxfrost

i'm writing my own damn story
Years
Using an old template for now xD

DTiS: A Brighter Future ; Sign Up

Name: Emery Calder

Personality: Impulsive and stubborn, Emery has a strong thirst to settle her curiosity that often overpowers her better judgement. She finds it hard to connect with others that don't share her opinions and often comes across as indifferent.

Through all her faults, Emery remains to be honourable and loyal to those she becomes close with. Once her wall is broken, she can be quite kind and compassionate. Dependable until something threatens her own agenda.

Appearance:
Spoiler:

A natural redhead, Emery has hair that naturally curls but can occasionally resemble dog fur. She has amber eyes that have flecks of black, her main feature. She stands at 5'7" and is average weight-wise.

She has a small but dark birthmark on the inside of her left wrist that she keeps covered with her fingerless gloves, stretching back to beneath her elbow.

Type: Fire

Ability: Keen Eye

Starter: Eevee, Fennekin or Dratini (preference in that order)

Last edited:

ElBurrito

Years
Will our characters be able to use weapons like in the original? Because at some point I'd like Garett to obtain duel daggers or some other bladed weapon for using certain attacks.

Back