• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Invalid character

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
If I post:

ap.new("b")

The pokécommunity is removing the '")' at end of my line. For some reason this problem isn't happening at post Preview.

This problem breaks my script at http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=318598 and potentially several others.

EDIT: This is a strange problem, the '")' is removed only after the page have a certain amount of content loaded.

Last edited:
Years
Code:
bitmapBall = Bitmap.new("Graphics/Pictures/Roulette/ball")

I'm unable to duplicate this on my end. Are you sure you aren't inserting any funky characters between ampersands (&) or number signs (#)?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Code:
bitmapBall = Bitmap.new("Graphics/Pictures/Roulette/ball")

I'm unable to duplicate this on my end. Are you sure you aren't inserting any funky characters between ampersands (&) or number signs (#)?
It's ASCII text. And, after you post did you tried to do a "F5" (refresh the page)?

I isolated the problem a little more. Attached a screenshot.

Attachments

• characterproblem.png
    characterproblem.png
    89.8 KB · Views: 38
Years
It looks to me that it's a thing with how vBulletin is parsing your text. What I suggest you could do is use this code, and see if it works: http://pastebin.com/WbjPS2K2

Code:
bitmapBall = Bitmap.new("Graphics/Pictures/Roulette/ball[SIZE="2"]")[/SIZE]

Hope this helps! :)

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
It looks to me that it's a thing with how vBulletin is parsing your text. What I suggest you could do is use this code, and see if it works: http://pastebin.com/WbjPS2K2

Code:
bitmapBall = Bitmap.new("Graphics/Pictures/Roulette/ball[SIZE="2"]")[/SIZE]

Hope this helps! :)
Nice tip, but I believe that this problem doesn't happens a time ago and this is very hard to notice and fix at long scripts, so I will be happy if this should be fixed.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Any news at this? I discovered that some scripts that have the $ symbol are messed too, Zach tip doesn't works at these cases.

This is affecting other scripts too! This probably mess good old scripts.

Years
Wanted to add that this problem has been affecting a number of scripts(example 1,example 2,example 3), whereas it didn't before. This is a very big problem for the code writing community.

If you use the "Show Printable Version" option, you can get the correct code. So it's storing the correct text, but something in the formatting is messing it up.

Back