• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Just the Classics~ Original 151 Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
  • What is your favorite of the original 5 Legendary Pokemon?
    Articuno is my favorite because I really love its design which makes me picture a calm and gentle person. Mew is okay but it is way to cute. Mewtwo is like an alien. Zapdos and Moltres never catches my interests for some reason.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Alright, I've updated everything! Welcome, hiinotama!

On topic: I'd have to agree with everyone on Articuno being a stellar Pokemon. Of all the Legendary Birds, Articuno is the one I always found myself using in-game. Whether it was Stadium, RBY, or FRLG, Articuno always found a place in my team.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Articuno? Meh... I never liked Articuno. I mean, yes, he's a pretty bird, but apart from that no. Limited movepool really held him back, unlike Zapdos. That one is a beast.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • Mewtwo. Definitely Mewtwo. The fact that it has an awesome backstory and signature move has already been mentioned, but it should also be mentioned how extremely overpowered it was in Gen 1.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    What is your favorite of the original 5 Legendary Pokemon?
    Mewtwo. His power is incredible! Plus, he was a thinking creature, an almost devilish predator set out on world domination! it is awesome from the first generation to the last and is Classic

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Hey deoxys121, I would like to buy yet another partner. This time, I'm going for a Rhydon without a nickname.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • It's a bit of a tie between Mewtwo and Zapdos.

Mewtwo was my original favourite, back in the days of R/B/Y, mostly because of his awesome backstory, how powerful he was, and hell, everyone were like crazy over him, so I went with the stream too. I also thought he had a pretty cool design, even in the old games, and comparing him to many of the newer designs, it was totally great. He's getting a bit drowned in all of the new awesome designs, but he still stand out of the lot.

Zapdos is probably the legendary I've used the most... EVER! It was one of the legendaries that you could aquire fairly early on, at least when we talk FR/LG with all the after league stuff, and it also always a great addition to my teams, being so incredibly powerful and all. It's design isn't my favourite of the legendaries, as that award goes to Articuno, but it's pretty decent.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • OK, OP has been updated! Classiccartoonsftw, this includes your new partner. :3 With our increasing number of members, I decided to make us more organized by making the members list two columns. Also, the OP isn't as clogging that way.

New topic: In the original games, did you find yourself putting as much strategy into your teams as you do now?

Quite simply this: nope.

Seriously though, the only thing I really paid attention to in regards to types of Pokemon was I had a Water-type for Surf, and a Flying-type for Fly. I also never paid attention to which Pokemon could effectively utilize which moves. If it could learn it, and I wanted it to learn it, it learned it. Plain and simple. And I also never had my Pokemon know any status moves, as I thought "That just wastes a turn!" not knowing the actual benefits of the moves. :3

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • I've never really put that much strategy into my teams except for when I've been playing Pokemon Online, which is pretty much a requirement anyway, since it's made for competitive battling.

But back when I played the original games for the first time, I must've only been like 3 or something, and I had a hard time getting through the games, since I didn't even know English back then. I didn't go for the strong Pokémon either, as I first of all didn't even know which ones were strong, and since I second of all didn't even care how strong my team was. I just went for the Pokémon that looked cool, though that was pretty hard to determine with the old sprite xp

That playstyle followed me through most of my Pokémon years actually, though I became aware of the strenght gaps between Pokémon too, so sometimes I went for the strong ones when I was stuck somewhere. Though usually whenever new Pokémon were introduce, I went for the ones I liked untill I found out which ones that were strong, and which ones that were weak. I don't really have a playstyle anymore, since I don't own any Pokémon games anymore, other than Battle Revolution :/

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    In the original games, did you find yourself putting as much strategy into your teams as you do now?
    In the past, I never put any strategy into my team. It was all about my starter, but when I learned how to use Poke Balls, I used more and more strategy into team building.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • No strategy. That was for the big boys. I mean, I'm just young and I have no idea about type matchups, status ailments and such. I just want attacking moves without even thinking what those other moves does. The faster I Ko an opponent, the better.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • When I originally played Yellow version, this is how I made my team. Wow! That Pokemon looks cool! I'm gonna use it!
    Now when I play them, I still don't use as much strategy as in later games. If only because of how powerful psychic types are.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2012
    Name: jbthedelirious
    Favorite Gen 1 Pokemon: Blastoise
    Partner Pokemon: Richard the Blastoise

Appeal of Gen 1 Pokemon
    The simplicity, the fact that they were what started it all.

Favorite legendary
    Mewtwo. I've always loved his design and found his backstory to be fascinating, and he remains one of the toughest opponents I've ever faced in a Pokemon game

Strategy
    When I played Red the first time, I only used my starter, a Squirtle. Now, my only strategy is your basic type advantage one.

INDIGO PLATEAU

Last edited:

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
    Years
  • In the original games, did you find yourself putting as much strategy into your teams as you do now?

My 1st playthrough of Red i didn't use anything but Charmeleon. Unfourtunatly that file was deleted as i didn't know where to go from Cerulean. Even in my 1st full playthrough of red my team was built of random pokemon. So nope

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Username: Meganium90
    Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Articuno, Ninetales, Raichu, Butterfree--ok I'll stop. :P
    Partner Pokemon: Articuno (only one person has an Articuno so I hope I can take it as well. xD)

In the original games, did you find yourself putting as much strategy into your teams as you do now?
    The only thing I cared about when I was playing the games was beating the dang elite four. I never cared about the moves or how my Pokemon's stats were. Today, when playing Pokemon I use common sense on using the right Pokemon for the battle, as well as using the right moves.

INDIGO PLATEAU is the pw, right? :p

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've been quite busy. I will update later on, since I really can't right now, what with browsing on my 3DS. :3 But, Meganium90 and jbthedelirious, welcome!

New topic: Which of the original 151 do you find the cutest?

I can't just choose one here. First off I'll say one I think we all agree on: Pikachu! A little yellow mouse with red cheeks; what could be cuter? Then there's our favorite little amateur singer Jigglypuff. And let's not forget the starters; I find all three of them cute.

EDIT: Updated!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've joined all the region clubs but this...

Username: Hikari10
    Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Pikachu
    Partner Pokemon: Chu-Chu the Pikachu

I picked Pikachu cos that's the first Pokemon I got to know.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Which of the original 151 do you find the cutest?

Pikachu. I know Pikachu is kinda common, but I still find it cute no matter what. Especially in the anime when he makes cute sounds. :3

tumblr_lgz67pwJQV1qaqgyo.gif

DON'T YOU WANT TO HUG HIM AND CHEER HIM UP? ^__^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back