• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Steel (Sept. 13-20)

Who are your favorites?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • mgfRcWp.png

3Y4059I.png

Welcome to the fourth annual Favorite Pokémon Tournament, hosted here in Pokémon General! The goal of the Favorite Pokémon Tournament (or FPT), is to determine the most popular Pokémon of the users here at the PokéCommunity. This will be a 10-week set of polls culminating in mid-November, where we'll pit almost all the Pokémon from different types of past and present generations against each other to determine a winner. After we know the results of each type, we'll add all of those Pokémon to a final poll, where the winner(s) will be crowned champion, and will go down into the record books as PokéCommunity's favorite Pokémon of 2016!

If you are new to the Favorite Pokémon Tournament, or would just like a refresher on the rules/process of the event, please take a look at the FAQ posted below:

Spoiler:

NOTE: Because of the limited number of poll spaces, not all eligible Pokémon have been included. If you want to vote for an unlisted Steel-type, check the "Other Pokémon" option represented by a (?), and leave a post with your vote.

Now that you know what the tournament is all about, what are you waiting for? Polls are open until September 20th, so get voting!

The Finalists:

None yet :)

Years
  • Like I said in the other thread, I am trying to cut down my votes to my "real" faves, but I'll still tell you what I picked for my fave defensive type.

I voted for Empoleon, Excadrill, Pawniard line, Aron line and Klefki. Mostly due to the badass designs of the first four, and also I love Klefki's concept along with it being my second fave type a.k.a. Fairy.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Voted for the Honedge line, and then place one in Other for Lucario.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • I always say that I don't like Steel-types that much buuuut I couldn't help but vote for a lot of Pokémon. I voted for the Magnemite line, Forretress, Scizor, Mawile, Jirachi and the Pawniard line.

Scizor and Bisharp are just super cool Pokémon. I love their designs (even though their designs are different to the sort that I normally like) and they're pretty strong too. I've always been fond of Magnemite/ton(zone not so much) and loved Mawile since the first time I saw it. Forretress and Mawile are both quirky and have this odd sort of appeal haha. I love Jirachi's design and how it's depicted in various games.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Okay, this is tough. Ya, they're good defensively, but I just don't really like Steel-Types.

If I have to vote, I'll go for Jirachi, Cobalion & maybe the Beldum line, coz of the Steel/Psychic Typing.

Pika Pika :chu:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Klefki, Honedge line and Durant.

Klefki and Aegislash are two of my favourite Pokemon from the Kalos region. I absolutely love their designs and they are actually really viable Pokemon to use. I also chose Durant since randomly deciding to use one on my team in Black version a few years back. It had Hustle as an ability and turns out it can learn some really great physical based moves which made me appreciate it soooo much more.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Boy, lots of good choices here...

Magnemite line (again), Skarmory, Beldum line, Registeel, Jirachi, the Bronzor line, the Ferroseed line, the Klink line, and finally the Honedge line.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Surprised metagross is doing so bad, it's a pretty cool pokemon, and Steven owned one.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • I voted for the Magnemite line ( only because of Magnezone), Scizor, Mawile (with the new Fairy-type and its mega, I started loving this Pokémon!), the Pawniard line ( I've never played with one, but I love it!), for the Honedge line, and then I voted on other for Lucario! I could've chosed Empoleon, but I don't think it's the best steel-type, even though I love that Pokémon!

Years
  • I voted for Skarmory, it's always been one of my favourite Pokemon and I just love the idea of a metal bird. Although it's not the strongest Pokemon and it doesn't learn the best moves but it's one of my faves <3

My final vote went to Jirachi. It's a super cute legendary and an awesome Pokemon to have the steel typing.

Years
  • I voted for Steelix and Scizor, with Scizor being my favourite of the two, but it's close. Always been a big fan of Scyther, so when they introduced Scizor in Gen II, it immediately became one of my favourites.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2021
    Prime used Meteor Mash!

I love Metagross. Magnezone is top 5, definitely, but Scizor, Escavalier, and maybe Steelix are up there too.

What if Scizor had Speed Boost, Magnezone had Levitate, Metagross had some crazy ability/move access, and other crazy things?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Voted for the Bronzong family - I love their designs, lore and playstyle and generally the whole ancient magical artefact thing is a really cool concept for a Pokémon.

Back