• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Steel (Sept. 13-20)

Who are your favorites?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I voted for:

1: Steelix
    2: Mawile
    3: Jirachi
    4: Ferrothorn
    5: Aegislash
    6: Klefki

My favorite Steel type pokemon is definitely Steelix, has been since Generation 2. It has the bulkiest defense stat, it has in my opinion one of the single best type combinations in the game, it has a fantastic move pool with great abilities to boot, and they even gave it what I think is an amazing looking Mega. Steelix is fantastic and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Honerable Mention: Mawile
    I like Mawile a lot as well and I have liked it for much longer than it's incredibly powerful Mega and typing was released. I used to be obsesed with Mawile for a long time due to the fact that it was (previous to generation 6) a Solid Steel type pokemon. I think that the Steel type with no other type combination is an absolutely fantastic type, and Mawile was until Generation 5 the only one. I was a little disappointed to see it lose that solid type in order to gain Fairy, but I was happy to see a pokemon that I always enjoyed in the past to get the power and respect that I felt it always deserved.
    Ironically, I'm not a big fan of the Klingklang family. I've just always found it a strange pokemon and don't like using it.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    Skarmory and Jirachi! They're both freaking adorable and super useful in competitive battles. Jirachi was one of my first Pokemon (my husband gave it to me when I started playing Platinum)

Years
    Thank you to everybody who cast their votes in the Steel-type poll this week!

In a mirror of what happened in the Electric-type poll, the Steel-type saw another upset, with the mythical Jirachi securing a spot in the final! Metagross and family, who had won all of the previous Steel-type polls, finished in 3rd place, behind both Scizor and our eventual winner. Best of luck to Jirachi in this year's final!

Back