• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you even like Pikachu?

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    So Pikachu is the mascot, do you pokemon fans even like him/her? Are you tired of the overexposure or do you still like the little mouse?

I think Pikachu is a good mascot. Cuteness sells lol. I loved Pikachu a lot as a kid but now I got tired of him. I feel like a lot of my guy friends tell me the same thing: Pikachu is alright but too much overexposure. While my girl friends are blowing away money on every Pikachu pillow pet, plush, and t-shirt there is lol.

Last edited:

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • I still like him. He's a cute little bugger, and he's the one Pokemon I've seen yet who can surf around on a surfboard and fly with the aid of balloons. Why can't other Pokemon learn moves by using stuff like that to aid them?

But in the realm of cute he's still outclassed by Mew. There is nothing cuter than that thing. Except maybe Shaymin.

Years
  • Yes.

Now it is a cute little mouse, next moment it's going to turn into a beast and Iron tail or Volt tackle a legendary. And it doesnt look forced or anything like that. I think it has all the mascot qualities.

Still one of my favorite Pokemon.

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
  • I preferred Pikachu during the eailer generation, when he was more cute and fat. It is safe to say there is a pickachu bias though, there is a pikach clone/Evo in every generation

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I love Pikachu, he's actually my favorite Pokemon. I got a Pikachu & Emolga plushie xD

All the Pikachu clones in every gen are so cute *o*

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I LOVE Pikachu. It was the real reason I even got into pokemon. I used to hate pokemon at first because it was such a huge hype. Then, I saw Pikachu and been hooked with the pokemon franchise since.

Years
  • As a Pokémon on its own, it's not something I can really bring up much hatred for, if any at all. I thought it was kinda nifty that they gave it the anime style cry in Gen VI. Getting the Light Ball with a boost in HGSS and later games was a nice touch, even if it doesn't do very much in the major picture.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I like Pikachu itself, but I absolutely don't like the fact that it is overmarketed and its evolution is completely ignored. If you only saw the advertisements of Pokemon, you wouldn't even know Raichu exists. I think Raichu has a better design than Pikachu and generally prefer it. (I'm not a big fan of lots of yellow.) But sadly, I'm getting the feeling they'll just give Pikachu a Mega Evolution because reasons rather than giving its fully evolved form one.

Also, I don't like how the Pikachu that is marketed is the anime one most of the time, because of a general pet peeve I have for Pokemon saying their names. Anime-style cries absolutely irritate me because of how unrealistic they are. And my opinion of Pikachu definitely went down a little when X and Y forced that cry onto it. I'm just so sick of hearing "Pika Pika!"

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    And my opinion of Pikachu definitely went down a little when X and Y forced that cry onto it. I'm just so sick of hearing "Pika Pika!"

I'd figure Yellow would have done that to you since it was the first to implement an anime cry.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I'd figure Yellow would have done that to you since it was the first to implement an anime cry.
    Nah. I didn't play any Generation I games. Actually started playing the games in Generation II. And even then, Yellow's cry is far too low of a quality to be that annoying. To me, it doesn't really sound like Pikachu from the anime so much.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I adore Pikachu. To say anything less would be a near disgrace considering how much Pikachu junk I have now. He might be overrated, yeah, but I love the little guy. He's cute, simple, and I really can't help but want to squeeze his cheeks. It's a shame that Raichu is overshadowed because of Pikachu, though, because I do love Raichu as well.

Also, a little off-topic but not every Pokemon in the anime says their names. There are plenty of Pokemon (plenty of Bird Pokemon with some exceptions like the Taillow line, Lapras, Victreebel, etc) that have actual cries. Though I will admit that yeah, most do say their names but it's something that never bothered me that much.

To just turn the topic back around Pikachu's VA Ikue Otani is amazing anyways,so I can't complain. Pika pika~ ♥

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I hate Pikachu with a passion, mainly because of the anime which I hate as well.

The only times when I can kinda, sorta, tolerate the yellow thing, is when I use it in Smash Brothers (it might be IMHO one of the worst things about Pokémon as a franchise, but it handles quite well in Smash) .

And I would LOVE Game Freak to release an optional patch/DLC that would remove Pikachu's anime voice from Gen VI games and give it its real cry back.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • As far as marketing goes, yes its a good mascot. It's cute for their target audience and other people as well. Personally, I like Raichu more though. He's cuter and makes me think of my gerbils. It's sad how no one really pays him any attention though.
    Usually I dislike things that are overused but I can pass on Pikachu. I neither like or dislike him even though he is around a bit much. It's the cuteness factor I'm telling you

As far as usefulness in the games, hell no. I tried to use one on several occasions but they don't hit hard enough and get taken down easily. I prefer other electric types way over it.

Years
  • Pikachu is like so adorable, and I even used to have a plushie of the little guy. I always feel sad when people bash it for being "overrated" but they need to learn that he's the mascot so it's expected you'll see him on all major Pokemon merchandise.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I never even knew there was a mass hate for Pikachu until I joined this forum. Personally I don't see anything amazing or bad about it. I've always thought Raichu was a lot cooler though.

Back