• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you even like Pikachu?

pkmin3033

I'm indifferent to Pikachu...there are other Pokemon that I like a lot more, but plenty of Pokemon that I hate more. As far as mascots go, I don't think it's really all that bad. I can't picture Pokemon without Pikachu as the mascot and, really, it's just one Pokemon out of over 700. I can put up with it if I can put up with the likes of Lucario and Starmie.

That said, Ash's Pikachu is even more confusing than Ash himself is. It never seems to gain levels or experience and loses or wins with zero consistency (it loses against Lucario in Unova, wins against MEGA Lucario in Kalos, and it managed to stop ARCEUS in the 12th movie, for crying out loud!) - but I don't really mind it.

vanillte1

praise goomy
    Years
    I really like pikcahu, but if another pokemon was the mascot but pikachu still existed I probably would like pikachu less and the new mascot more. it also sucks competitively

classicpaul64

PokeTuber
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    I liked Pikachu back when it was significantly chubbier. Weird thing to say but as the years went on, I didn't quite like how they slimmed out Pikachu's appearance. I know that as the series's mascot, they have plastered it's likeness everywhere, but of the original 151, that oversaturation has caused it to become iconic. And when you look at some of Nintendo's biggest franchises, the characters, for the most part, have a sort of unique color identity. Pikachu is Yellow, Mario red, Link green, and so on. Younger children would find this yellow appealing, and could relate to it. Clefairy would have indeed made it less appealing on a gender-neutral base, but its personality wouldn't make it much of an icon.

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
    Years
    Nope, never have, never will. It's plastered everywhere, and I hate stuff being forced right in front of my face. I like Raichu, though. It's a shame it gets ignored a lot of the time.

Lunarose

replaced by lies
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2020
    I liked Pikachu way back in gen 1, but years later and his character in the anime became stale over time, all he says is Pika, and he is overexposed.
    It's an okay design, not the cutest Pokemon ever though.
    Why is it the only Pokemon to get an actual voice and everyone else gets those screeches? lol.
    It's such a staple to the Pokemon franchise now that it's too late to turn back anyway.

Years
    Problem with Pikachu both Anime and in Game is it doesn't, in my opinion have such a good move pool. Maybe just maybe I would like Pikachu a little better if I could get Raichu without needing the Thunder Stone. They should have also had Pichu in 1st Gen so that when the series came out Ash started off with Pichu to give Ash and Pikachu a better bond. My 2 cents on the situation.

Nakala Pri

Pikachu is awesome! :D Adorable in everything, heaps hilarious and he's ELECTRIC.

I mean, who else is supposed to be the mascot? >:( Dunsparce?!!

No, Pikachu is awesome. He has been my favourite Pokemon since ever, and he still is! :D (i cant stand eevee)

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
    While it's obnoxious how much exposure Pikachu gets compared to other Pokemon that are both cuter and stronger, I can't hate the little guy! He's still a pretty cute Pokemon and the addition of the voice actor in Gen 6 was brilliant.
    As for Ash's Pikachu specifically, I liked it in the first season when it had a personality and bit of a bad temper, but Johto-onwards it became way too friendly and lifeless and nowadays it only exists so that Ash has something to sit on his shoulder. And don't even get me started on Ash's Pikachu that has defeated a Dragonite and a Regice losing to an Elekid.

Years
    I love it and am not tired of it at all. It's adorable (even if I don't think it's the cutest Pokemon out there) plus the merch they keep making of it is just too insanely cute and I'd buy it all if I were rich and lived near a Pokemon Center. ;P

I mean gah, come here! omg

Do you even like Pikachu?

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
    I like Pikachu So much.Pikachu is cute and adorable(it is next to jigglypuff i think)hehe :).

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hey, I absolutely loved the cosplaying Pikachu. Was it always female or could it vary? Its tail made it look female.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2017
    I am new to the forum, but loving everything from Pokemon through most of my life I do love pikachu still. Though my favorite and opinion is that charmander is the cutest little Pokemon. I think he makes a great mascot because it is cute, lovable and can be a little heavy hitter when it needs to be. It can use a lot of adaptable qualities and HM's. So Yes i love the little guy and it still makes a good recognizable mascot.

Years
    I dunno, I guess I've always been indifferent to Pikachu. I've got no problem with it being Ash's signature Pokemon, but I always figured that a Pokemon live Eevee would have better served as a mascot for the franchise, if they absolutely had to stick with just one Pokemon.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    Nope, have not liked that Pika-thing since the first gen, too overrated too much attention in both anime and games, the only Pokemon in the 6th gen with a different voice (hate how they only picked it and not all of them).

Currently sits on the bottom of my Favorite's Pokemon list (yep its my 719th favorite)

Years
    Hey, I absolutely loved the cosplaying Pikachu. Was it always female or could it vary? Its tail made it look female.

It's always female.

The only notable appearance-wise difference it has compared to regular female Pikachu is that it has a black heart-shaped marking on its tail, which most female Pikachu don't have.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    I still quite like Pikachu! Although it's fair to say that it gets a lot of exposure and attention, and lots of random additions (such as Cosplay Pikachu), it's still a cute Pokemon and I've liked it since the very start.

Tek

Years
    Lol honestly, if Clefairy or Magnemite was the mascot, we'd all be talking about how overrated/overexposed/overcooked it is. Pikachu is the brand image, Pokémon is huge, therefore Pikachu is everywhere.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me or anything. I just don't get it lol.

That said, I've always liked Raichu's design better. And little Pichu's been growing on me a lot, I even have one on my keychain now hehe

Last edited:
    Back