• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Oregairu S2 - Yahari Ore no Seishun Rabu Kome wa Machigatteiru. Zoku

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
  • Oregairu S2 - Yahari Ore no Seishun Rabu Kome wa Machigatteiru. Zoku

Spoiler:

This romantic comedy revolves around an antisocial high school student named Hikigaya Hachiman with a distorted view on life and no friends or girlfriend. When he sees his classmates talking excitedly about living their adolescent lives, he mutters: "They're a bunch of liars." When he is asked about his future dreams, he responds, "Not working." A teacher gets Hachiman to join the "Volunteer Service" club, which happens to have the school's prettiest girl, Yukinoshita Yukino.

Going to improve/style the thread later, kind of busy right now.

Anyways, discuss! I loved the first season, and the first episode for this season is already out.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Watched the raw for the first episode.

Spoiler:

Emolga91

A wild Emolga appeared!
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 18, 2015
    I'm skeptical as well with the direction they are going with this, isn't this now in the hands of another studio now? I really enjoyed the first season so I will watch this one to the end cause I like the characters a lot.

Years
  • Gotta go for Hachiman x Saika here. All the tiem.

There seems to be a predisposition against characters like Hayato in manga and light novels nowadays. Always trying to "deconstruct" Ikemen as either elitist pricks or manipulative asshats. I mean it's nice to have, but at least they should be a bit more competent lol.

Arc

Years
  • A couple of things got cut. Only one of them was sort of big, the others was negligible. Overall, a good episode.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Well, I did see some drama coming? It was very apparent that things will escalate a bit from the way things were going on since the very beginning of this season, in my opinion.

Either way, seeing that I haven't posted in this thread before now, I'd like to take this opportunity to saw a few things that I've noticed about this show in general before actually getting into the intricacies:

I like FEEL's work. I thought I wouldn't feel (...should probably grab my coat, ehehe) their designs. But to my surprise, I got used to it pretty quick. Don't seem to have an issue with any particular character's design tbh. In fact, one very easily apparent thing that came to my notice was the bump in the animation quality. To me, it just seemed that the movements have become a lot more smoother. And dramatic scenes that require just that extra bit of attention to detail has been paid close attention to. Things just look smooth.

Also, that OP is amazing (the song, especially). I think I like it better than the first season's already haha. And I love how even the placeholder OP that they had in the initial episodes before they swapped it for one with actual animation was so very well done. I don't think I would've been unhappy if they hadn't given us a new OP. It was that well done. :D

Anyway, getting back to the characters themselves - our adorable lead is finally being confronted by the other characters over his twisted ways. The fact that Hachiman has created a wall around himself that prevents him from actually being able to comprehend the point that Yukinon and Yui have been trying to get across hurts. The wall, courtesy of his past, prevents him from opening up to the people who actually care about him. Yui and Yukinon both care so much about him that watching him hurt himself hurts them and I find that really, really adorable. But the fact that they're not able to get through to him is kinda difficult to watch.

It is like I wanna punch them all and yell "You stupid morons, just look at each other and be a little honest about how you all feel! Get your act together ffs!" and want them to get along as they're good kids but I can see where they're all coming from so I can't help but feel for them. Seriously though, this is a damn good show because it has made me care so much about the characters. And in such a short run too seeing that the original was just a one cour anime.

Some side stuff:
    I like Sr. Yukinoshita. She's a sly, beautiful onee-san. And I love mah onee-sama <3
    I liked Hayama's outburst in EP 4. Glad he stood up for Hachiman. It was getting kinda out of hand what with the girls constantly shitting on Hachiman and him keeping quiet about it (like always).
    I cannot stress enough how much I like the main characters from this anime. They break away from the mold that's been created for MCs in anime over the years so much that it really adds to their and the show's appeal. Hachiman, in particular, is just fantastic as a character with his own sets of policies, outlooks on life and complex issues.

Arc

Years
  • The jazz hands were on point with this episode.

Fansubs have failed me. They didn't go all caps for the katakana words. Like COLLABORATION or SYNERGY.

Arc

Years
  • I need that piano version of Harumodoki. I also need that Yukino ballad version of the ending.

Spoiler:

Hey bae want to have some chicken

Spoiler:
    Good ol' Oklahoma Fried Chicken.

Arc

Years
  • Episode 8 spoilers.

Spoiler:

Years
  • I'm really happy with the S2 adaptation, I feel like they nailed what I envisioned from the LN's.
    Spoiler:

I'm assuming it'll adapt Volume 10 after this since Volume 11 will be released on the day the anime ends. It'll be a little obnoxious that it ends like that but it'll only be a problem for not LN readers I guess. Perfect way to boost sales tbh.

Back