• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst pop song released this decade

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
what do you think has been the worst - both subjectively and objectively, in terms of charts, if you want to get picky - single released by a pop artist in the last five years?

Spiff

love child
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 30, 2023
Ohh man probably Gangnam Style. I mean two billion views, come on society, get it together.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Probably the Birthday Cake remix by Rihanna and Chris Brown. Unfortunate implications aside, it's like shoving electric screwdrivers down your ears.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I really hated that song by...Karmen? I think? That one where she kept saying "cheerio" out of the blue. I hated it. It was bland and just plain annoying. There are probably worse songs, but this one is the first that came to mind for me.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I really hated that song by...Karmen? I think? That one where she kept saying "cheerio" out of the blue. I hated it. It was bland and just plain annoying. There are probably worse songs, but this one is the first that came to mind for me.
that would be "Brokenhearted", yeah. I first heard that in a promo in a theatre and thought it was really good (it was alongside "Hello" by the same duo, actually) but it got KILLED by radio programming

which is disappointing because it's a good song and a hella good video and karmin's cheekbones are unparalleled......
Applause.

tumblr_mt9z2qX3QY1rlhznio1_r4_250.gif
listen, punk

it worked real well on the album

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
that would be "Brokenhearted", yeah. I first heard that in a promo in a theatre and thought it was really good (it was alongside "Hello" by the same duo, actually) but it got KILLED by radio programming

which is disappointing because it's a good song and a hella good video and karmin's cheekbones are unparalleled......

idk the random cheerios just kind of threw me for a loop (no pun intended i swear lol) haha. ughhh what else did i hate...idk why i'm so pressed for finding songs i hate rn because i'm normally pretty good at it lmfao

Years
This will probably be predictable, but...

Jason DeRulo's Wiggle. I don't hate the man, but that song is just a disaster in every regard. It's disgusting, inane, and just not something I would feel comfortable hearing if I were a chick.

Years
Shake It Off by Taylor Swift. 'Nuff said.

Seriously, this song of hers was a joke, with such intolerable sounds and her voice being so annoying, especially that little rap-like solo she does near the end. Doesn't help that it was overplayed to death, so I often found myself tuning out when it came on and it literally got old for me really fast.

I have always been someone who has been viewing a lot of pop hits this decade as a disgrace, but yeah as if I thought Taylor crossing into pop territory was going to ruin her for me, it surely did and in a very awful manner in my books.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Shake It Off by Taylor Swift. 'Nuff said.

Seriously, this song of hers was a joke, with such intolerable sounds and her voice being so annoying, especially that little rap-like solo she does near the end. Doesn't help that it was overplayed to death, so I often found myself tuning out when it came on and it literally got old for me really fast.

I have always been someone who has been viewing a lot of pop hits this decade as a disgrace, but yeah as if I thought Taylor crossing into pop territory was going to ruin her for me, it surely did and in a very awful manner in my books.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Blurred Lines springs to mind. There's so much that I hate about it and it still makes me slightly angry even now.

Lil Wayne has be writing some pretty objectifying stuff as well. Read the lyrics to this song (NSFW). Worst part is that it cracked the top 10, although I can understand why you would go to Blurred Lines, it being the best selling song of a few years ago.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
at least marvin gaye's family sued the hell out of robin thicke & pharrell and won
not to mention thicke getting divorced lol

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
can we please talk about this whole situation like wtf did thicke and pharrell copy exactly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp7Q1OAzITM

according to the outcome of they case they breached marvin gaye's copyright, or rather, the copyright held by his estate
they didn't go through any legal processes when adapting the song (like securing sampling rights or w/e) and as a result it's copyright infringement in the eyes of the law

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
hahahaha well that pushes blurred lines over into winning the title of the worst pop song of the decade i would say

Back