• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst pop song released this decade

Years
  • hahahaha well that pushes blurred lines over into winning the title of the worst pop song of the decade i would say

Yeah, because it's a ripoff. I never even knew that it sounded similar to a Marvin Gaye song tbh but I'm glad that his family won the case because copying is a bad thing.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • I forgot Blurred Lines existed until I read this thread lol that's how indifferent I am to that unlistenable horror.

I don't think any other single can be worst that imo.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    Blurred Lines and Happy, definitely. They're just so boring and overrated.

Years
  • With all this talk about Blurred Lines, allow me to state: I never hated that song because of how misogynistic (god why is that word so hard to spell) it was, or because of the very weird video. No, I hated it because it was outright insufferable. That's part of the same reason why I can't stand All About That Bass by Meghan Trainor, which, while NOT among the worst of the worst (it's upbeat, i'll give it that), it gets dumb because it ad nauseums that phrase in the chorus until it's jammed into your head. And being called skinny bitches doesn't help...

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    diamonds and most of all, whistle. i couldn't stand either of them.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Payphone by Maroon 5 has got to be the most annoying song ever. And I still hear it on the radio all the time. D:

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
  • For me, I would have to say either Hangover or Fancy. Hangover is the most annoying thing I've ever heard and I absolutely hate that Snoop Dogg was on it as I enjoy his music, so it just hurts to see him on a terrible and annoying song. And Fancy was just so boring and I can't stand that fake voice that Iggy does.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • happy and blurred lines were so annoying god i hated it everytime it came on the radio.
    i bet you liked them for a long time before they got annoying though, c'mon they were sooo catchy, or at least blurred lines was

happy was incredibly novelty and the fact that pharrell continues to remix it and perform it live is cringey beyond belief

Years
  • Am I the only one here who actually likes Diamonds? It's not exactly Rihanna's most original work but I think it's pretty.

And as for Happy, I won't deny that it's a track that's silly and got hammered in throughout 2014, but I still like it too even if it's really goofy. Although I bet some people are disappointed that that one didn't suffer through lawsuit like Blurred Lines did.

Back