• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
I'll try advertising here. There is an open spot in my journey/chapter RP Arcanum. It's fairly slow moving and we usually make quite long posts. In other words, it's a roleplay for people who like to write. Please join if you find shiny pokemon and a new (detailed) region interesting. Eevee will be your starter~

As much as I wanna join for an Eevee, I've had enough of making SUs. Plus I'm in a lot of RPs. Hope it goes well though.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
So, regarding the roleplay I talked about very briefly two or three days ago:

Litany: A Song of Worlds.

(Warning: non-Pokemon RP)

I'm recruiting. Please drop by and give it a read, even if you don't usually go for non-Pokemon roleplays.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
I realise that there are alot of PMD rps out their and i've always seen alot of them around and I have never joined one. Am i the only person who doesn't get interest by them?

I can't say any really catch me, either. One reason is probably the fact that it usually ends up relying on character interaction, unless someone can, for some reason, go solo. I end up seeing a lot of posts come below the four line minimum because of it. On top of it, there's always the risk that someone in your team will either lose interest or lose the time to post, leaving your team stranded unless you're able to bunny them.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I HAVE IT!! The idea of the century!!!

MINECRAFT RP.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaah.

Psycho Bugler

Jew Extrordinaire!
Years
I realise that there are alot of PMD rps out their and i've always seen alot of them around and I have never joined one. Am i the only person who doesn't get interest by them?
Definitely not. The idea of roleplaying as a Pokemon is just weird to me. It was very disconcerting to see so many of those types of RP's here, too.

So I'm watching Inception right now while working on homework... What do people think about an Inception RP?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
The idea of roleplaying as a pokémon shouldn't seem too weird - thanks to the PMD games we even have real games where it's done now. I find it fun at times, but most of the time I feel like it's a bit difficult to get enough depth into the character if it isn't human. Maybe only skilled RPers can really make great posts when playing as a pokémon ;)

As for a minecraft RP - how would it be done?

And Inception is cool but it would take a lot of effort from the GM to put together a cool and smooth enough story for an RP, I think.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I like the PMD games, but I was never interested in the RPs, lol. I don't really know why though; I have just never been interested in that sort of RPs. I don't mind play as Pokemon RPs, though. They're not too bad.

Minecraft RP... dunno how that'd work, tbh.

INCEPTION RP IS A MUST JOIN FOR ME. If the theme doesn't tell you, I'm a huge fan of Inception. d: I have thought about it, though I have never been able to actually form a plot...

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 28, 2024
Just submitted the RP I devised a few pages ago.
Now to sit back, wait and hope my writing was good enough.

...and make my next post in DD.

As for an Inception RP... I still haven't seen the movie myself, but from what I heard that could be interesting.
You would need a pretty comprehensive plot, though.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Minecraft RP.

Simple enough. The players wake up in some strange place, where everything is 8-bit and shaped in blocks, and they have to fight and adventure for their survival. When night comes, they must avoid the monsters of the dark. Basically the RP would progress pretty slowly, like the game, and finish with the Ender Dragon. People could go off to work alone, or co-operate with other players, or maybe even become griefers and try to steal from everyone else. I suppose you could say we'd be playing in Hardcore mode, where players can't respawn.

If people know what Minecraft is (and a LOT of people do) they could easily grasp this RP and take it for a ride.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Minecraft RP.

Simple enough. The players wake up in some strange place, where everything is 8-bit and shaped in blocks, and they have to fight and adventure for their survival. When night comes, they must avoid the monsters of the dark. Basically the RP would progress pretty slowly, like the game, and finish with the Ender Dragon. People could go off to work alone, or co-operate with other players, or maybe even become griefers and try to steal from everyone else. I suppose you could say we'd be playing in Hardcore mode, where players can't respawn.

If people know what Minecraft is (and a LOT of people do) they could easily grasp this RP and take it for a ride.

...I wouldn't join that, mainly because imo not a lot has changed. If I wanted to do the same thing as the game, I'd rather play the game because there would be some kind of challenge.

Idk but this idea seems bland to me, for now. Unless you can work something out a little more interesting I won't be joining that kind of RP.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Well, I think it would be very fun to write it from someone's experience. Say the players were human one day, when they wake up on the block-land.

I mean, what else could you really change? It's freaking MINECRAFT!

I think it would be pretty exciting from a realistic perspective. I mean, sure, creepers are just creepers on a game. If you were really in there, it'd be pretty damn terrifying!

I find the idea of being IN Minecraft to be very action-packed and exciting, so I'm kind of confused on what is missing.

Of course, I could change the ending, so that you don't just wake back up in Minecraft.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Well, I think it would be very fun to write it from someone's experience. Say the players were human one day, when they wake up on the block-land.

I mean, what else could you really change? It's freaking MINECRAFT!

I think it would be pretty exciting from a realistic perspective. I mean, sure, creepers are just creepers on a game. If you were really in there, it'd be pretty damn terrifying!

I find the idea of being IN Minecraft to be very action-packed and exciting, so I'm kind of confused on what is missing.

Of course, I could change the ending, so that you don't just wake back up in Minecraft.

Other than being having a block world and 8bit world it's just a regular survival RP. I don't think there's anything new there, specially since the game itself satisfies all the needs.

But I guess it depends on the Final Plot. If it's already been done in the game, I don't see much point in joining. But if there is indeed a brand new plot (possibly featuring Herobrine and all that jazz) it would be a lot more appealing imo.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
With Creepers, Skeletons, Spiders, Slimes, and ENDERMAN (as well as nether monsters) it would be very exciting for survival. Of course, in an RP sense, monsters would be a LOT more smart and realistic, much more deadly.

Aw hellz yeah! Don't think I would make Minecraft without Herobrine!

Of course, I could always add an announcer, to help explain to the players why they're trying to win, and what they need to move forward. I'm sure everyone would want to win for lots of Gold and Riches, yes? Either way, that's the only way to wake up from the game, or die inside. Die in the game, die in real life.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I'm not trying to fill that Cliche. The players won't have any memory of their real life while inside the game. So all they will know is what the announcer tells them.

Of course, I will try beyond my power to make sure it doesn't die. If spots open due to inactive players, I'll post about it on this thread.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
LOL! i got an idea for an RP about a high school with monsters that have to learn to act like a human so they can live in the human world, they have human forms but can always change back to their real forms, however, the school is about learning how to be a human and ofcourse they get to learn everything a normal human learns too.

would anyone join that RP? :3

Last edited:

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
I'd play in a Minecraft RP if I could be a Creeper. ;D "That's a nice post you have there... Ssssssss~"

Litany is seriously my kinda RP. I'm so tempted to join but argh, 2000 word essay due in next Monday. I'll see how my muse treats me after I get stuff up for my current RPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back