• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
  • I am making a scizor sweeper. Hes gonna have ATT/DEF evs. this is what im thinking so far, since im going to dragon dance - baton pass to my scizor.

X scissor (has stab)
    U-Turn (for switching to my wall if things get bad)
    Swords dance (In case dragon dance baton pass fails)
    I havent decided a fourth, maybe giga impact for suicides? idk

What do you mean by Dragon Dance - baton pass? As in you're baton passing Dragon Dance boosts to Scizor? If that's the case, then Dragon Dance isn't a passable move since nothing learns both it and Baton Pass.

In any case, defense EVs are not necessary. Standard spread for SD Scizor is 32 HP / 252 Attack / 220 Speed.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    If that's the case, then Dragon Dance isn't a passable move since nothing learns both it and Baton Pass.
    Spr_4h_235.png

"You forgot me. :["

;D

thomascallaghan

Shiny Master
    Years
  • Steelix and loudred can get all of them so if you get a male one and Breed it to somthing that can inherit/Learn them It Gets all fangs too :) if you want a specific pokemon that shouldent be too hard either

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Would a HP/SPD EV trained smeargle be able to use dragon dance then baton pass without dieing? i know smeargles are pretty... well weak.
    You could Spore them and try, honestly though most people are prepared for Smeargle now so I honestly don't think it'll work but if you want to try something like this can work as a lead.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
    Nature : Jolly
    EV : 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    - Spore
    - Baton Pass
    - Dragon Dance
    - Endeavour / Stealth Rock

thomascallaghan

Shiny Master
    Years
  • No prob

Anyone Know a Physical Pokeon for OU that can deal with Fighting threats I need to make one to finish my Team thanks I know its not much info but It really broadens the horizons and it needs to deal with fighting type threats all other moves can do whatever is best but it needs to take on fighting

No you fail

l to the o to the l
    Years
  • No prob

Anyone Know a Physical Pokeon for OU that can deal with Fighting threats I need to make one to finish my Team thanks I know its not much info but It really broadens the horizons and it needs to deal with fighting type threats all other moves can do whatever is best but it needs to take on fighting

Gyarados and salamence will take fighting hit's well since they both resist it and have intimidate (provided the attack is not hp fighting or focus blast).

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • No prob

Also the bulky ghosts, aka Spiritomb, the Rotom Formes counter fighting types well.

Spr_4h_235.png

"You forgot me. :["

;D

Oh....right. Sorry Smeargle.

Well in that case, Dragon Dance isn't a very viably passable move. Seriously, if that thing ever got off a successful pass, I'd be amazed XD

Also Belly Drum passing is a much better option \o/

Hana~

Now available in surround~
    Years
  • I am making a scizor sweeper. Hes gonna have ATT/DEF evs. this is what im thinking so far, since im going to dragon dance - baton pass to my scizor.

X scissor (has stab)
    U-Turn (for switching to my wall if things get bad)
    Swords dance (In case dragon dance baton pass fails)
    I havent decided a fourth, maybe giga impact for suicides? idk

Defense EVs are unneccesary since you resist nearly all physical sweepers anyway. Invest in Speed instead.
    Bullet Punch >>X-Scissor.
    You'll really want Superpower for other Steels and walls.
    Pursuit's nice too.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Defense EVs are unneccesary since you resist nearly all physical sweepers anyway. Invest in Speed instead.
    Bullet Punch >>X-Scissor.
    You'll really want Superpower for other Steels and walls.
    Pursuit's nice too.

Bug Bite now outclasses X-Scissor if used on Scizor thanks to Technician. This is a better SD Scizor set :

Scizor @ Life Orb
    Nature : Adamant
    Ability : Technician
    EVs : 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
    -Swords Dance
    -Bullet Punch
    -Bug Bite
    -Superpower/Brick Break

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • Baton passing is a really black and white endevour... one Taunt from the oppositions lead scr#ws your initial plans (*cough Aerodactyl cough*).

Well guys I made a new rough draft for a team. I need honest opinions/moveset changes. It's okay to tell me it sucks lol;D

Anyhoo here we go

Togekiss @Leftovers, -Relaxed, ~Serene Grace
    EV's: 252HP, 252SpDef, 4 Def.
    -Airslash
    -Toxic
    -Roost
    -Aura Sphere

Heatran @Choice Scarf, ~Lonely, -Flash Fire (duh:p)
    EV's: 252SpcAtk, 252Spd, 4HP.
    -Earth Power
    -Flamethrower
    -Hidden Power Ice
    -Explosion

Dusknoir @ Leftovers, ~Calm
    EV's: 252HP, 43Def, 215SpecDef
    -Pain Split
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Toxic
    -Brick Break

Breloom @Toxic Orb, ~Jolly, -Poison Heal
    EV's: 73HP, 185Atk, 252Spd.
    -Spore
    -Focus Punch
    -Facade
    -Substitute

Suicune @Life Orb, ~Calm? (Not sure about this nature), -Pressure.
    EV's: 6 HP, 130 Def, 252SpcAtk, 122 SpcDef.
    -Calm Mind
    -Surf
    -Hidden Power Electric
    -Roar
    (Kinda a bad movepool combination- I know. Just can't decide what to with cune:C)

Claydol @Leftovers, ~Bold, -Levitate
    EV's: 252HP, 144Def, 114SpcAtk
    -Stealth Rock
    -Rapid Spin
    -Earth Power
    -Shadow Ball

So yeah that's it. Tell me what yuh think:)

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Heatran's Nature isnt really good, Naive is a prefferable nature.

Dusknoir's Nature is also bad, it lowers its attack stat, its better to use Careful instead.

you can change roar to Ice Beam to deal with mence, not to mention that Ice Beam with HP Electric makes a good coverage.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • you can change roar to Ice Beam to deal with mence, not to mention that Ice Beam with HP Electric makes a good coverage.

Yah. Since you have to encounter a lot of dragons, an Ice-beamer tank should do.

I need someon to comment on my Blastiose. And this is the first Blastiose I've used in D/P/pt, this is the one I've transfered from LG(finally :3).

Blastiose @ (need help, maybe Mystic Water, Life Orb, Choice Scarf or Metronome?)
    Modest
    EVs: 4HP/252 Sp.Atk/252 Sp.Def

Hydro Cannon(You know what you're thinking, not advisable. But hey, since it's a waste if I deleted this)
    Ice Beam
    Earthquake
    Substitute.

Help really(and don't give me Hidden Powers)

Phoenix2389

ex-Gym Leader and Ice Warrior
    Years
  • Im making A Stall Explosion Drifblim and here's what I was thinking for it:

Drifblim@Leftovers
    Nature: Calm
    EV's: 100 HP/250 SpD/160 Spe
    Moveset:
    Explosion
    Will-O-Wisp
    Substitute
    Protect

I Feel as though my EV's are a bit weird, but If anyone could help me also decide on a moveset that would be swell.(But I would like to keep Explosion)

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Yah. Since you have to encounter a lot of dragons, an Ice-beamer tank should do.

I need someon to comment on my Blastiose. And this is the first Blastiose I've used in D/P/pt, this is the one I've transfered from LG(finally :3).

Blastiose @ (need help, maybe Mystic Water, Life Orb, Choice Scarf or Metronome?)
    Modest
    EVs: 4HP/252 Sp.Atk/252 Sp.Def

Hydro Cannon(You know what you're thinking, not advisable. But hey, since it's a waste if I deleted this)
    Ice Beam
    Earthquake
    Substitute.

Help really(and don't give me Hidden Powers)

Blastoise @ Choice Specs
    Modest
    64 HP / 252 Special Attack / 192 Speed
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Focus Blast
    - Earthquake

This is your best option since Hidden Powers are apparently not possible. Though there are plenty of UU special attackers that outclass Blastoise in this respect.

Im making A Stall Explosion Drifblim and here's what I was thinking for it:

Drifblim@Leftovers
    Nature: Calm
    EV's: 100 HP/250 SpD/160 Spe
    Moveset:
    Explosion
    Will-O-Wisp
    Substitute
    Protect

I Feel as though my EV's are a bit weird, but If anyone could help me also decide on a moveset that would be swell.(But I would like to keep Explosion)

This seems like a very random set. Substitute / Protect isn't very useful on any Drifblim set, especially one like this. It just makes it even more of a set up fodder for any sweeper that's running substitute, so in the end you're not really accomplishing much. I would suggest his double status set.

Drifblim @ Leftovers
    Aftermath
    Calm
    80 HP / 252 Special Defense / 176 Speed
    - Hypnosis
    - Will-o-Wisp
    - Shadow Ball / Hidden Power Flying
    - Explosion

^ Accomplishes what you're trying to do plus a lot more.

By the way, explosion is not a good idea at all on stall teams since they rely on a solid defensive core. In fact, Drifblim isn't really that good on stall since Spiritomb totally outclasses at spin blocking since it and has far better defenses and access to the same moves.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2017
    Hey everyone. I'm usually sick of all these status hax in the Frontier. Using Ice Punch and freezes you on the first strike. This was why Safeguard was made in the 2nd generation. Beyond that, I've got a useful combo for Doubles that can help. Sceptile and Slaking with these movesets:

Sceptile
    Nature: Timid
    EV's: 252 Sp. Atk/252 Speed
    Held Item: Focus Sash
    Energy Ball
    Safeguard
    Worry Seed
    Protect

Slaking
    Nature: Adamant
    EV's: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed
    Held Item: Leftovers
    Return
    Fire Punch
    Earthquake
    Sucker Punch

When I send both of these on the first turn. My Sceptile uses Safeguard and my Slaking attacks. On my second turn, my Sceptile uses Worry Seed on my Slaking therefore it won't waste a turn and attacks again. And for some turns if there is an opponent weak to Ground types. My Sceptile uses Protect and my Slaking uses Earthquake. A very dangerous combo that is, don't you agree?

Do you think this combo works well?

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    this is rather a bad combanition, why ? Worry Seed cant be used on Slaking, its better off to use a Skill Swapper to exchange abilities with Slaking....

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2017
    It doesn't? I thought Worry Seed would get rid of Traunt and changes it to Insomnia. Therefore Slaking will attack again and again without loafing around...

Back