• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
    Years
    I caught me a shiny rattata and I wanna put it to some good use. I'm gonna FEAR it up (who would have guessed, lol) and I need a good fourth move that would actually help. Right now it's looking like:

Rattata@Focus Sash
    Endeavor
    Sucker Punch
    Pursuit
    U-Turn(?????)

Not sure whether U-turn will actually be useful. I know that Sucker Punch > Quick Attack thanks to power, and Pursuit will take care of smart people who switch out.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2016
    My team is currently Togekiss, Swampert, Arcanine, Lucario, and Dragonite. I need a sixth Pokemon and I prefer type variety, but I have no idea who I should add to my team.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I caught me a shiny rattata and I wanna put it to some good use. I'm gonna FEAR it up (who would have guessed, lol) and I need a good fourth move that would actually help. Right now it's looking like:

Rattata@Focus Sash
    Endeavor
    Sucker Punch
    Pursuit
    U-Turn(?????)

Not sure whether U-turn will actually be useful. I know that Sucker Punch > Quick Attack thanks to power, and Pursuit will take care of smart people who switch out.
    You don't need power because Rattata has bad Attack anyway, and Quick Attack is more reliable. But, honestly FEAR isn't that good because SR is everywhere (unless you use it as a lead), and Tyranitar, Hippowdon, and Abomasnow are really common.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010

Rattata@Focus Sash
    Endeavor
    Sucker Punch
    Pursuit
    U-Turn(?????)

Like what Wolflare said, Power isnt great as Rattata has a bad offensive power though it can work well as a lead, Raticate seems better :

Raticate @ Focus Sash
    Nature : Jolly
    Ability : Guts
    EVs : 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    -Endeavor
    -Sucker Punch
    -Pursuit
    -Reversal / U-turn

now you need Sucker Punch since Raticate got enough power to punish Gengar and friends, Reversal can be used to deal high damage to fragile stuffs, U-turn can be a better option for scouting.

My team is currently Togekiss, Swampert, Arcanine, Lucario, and Dragonite. I need a sixth Pokemon and I prefer type variety, but I have no idea who I should add to my team.

its helpless if you dont show us the EVs , Nature , movesets, etc .

Last edited:
    Years
    Okay, so I believe I got EVing down-pat...though I have two questions:

I heard that when you level up, you gain 1 additional EV point. Is that true? Also, is there any way to track EV training?

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Okay, so I believe I got EVing down-pat...though I have two questions:

I heard that when you level up, you gain 1 additional EV point. Is that true? Also, is there any way to track EV training?

1- That isnt true, who tricked you with this ? -.-

2- yes theres, you can use the counter application on your poketch to track the EVs, if you're EV Training in HG/SS then you must bring a paper and a pen to keep tracking the EVs since HG/SS got no Poketch .

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2013
    im trying to find out a good ev spread for a stockpiling driflim and a togekiss/clefable that has follow me the ev spread for that too is needed as well as the other moves also looking for a good ev spread for regigigas because im trying to give the stockpiling drifloon's stats to regigigas

Last edited:

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
    Is it possible to breed the Shadow Togepi's Tri Attack?
    Nope. Only thing you can do is constantly reset for a good IV set upon first getting one. Otherwise, you'd have to start Pokemon XD all over again, then get to that point. Tedious, yes, but WILL be worth it in the long run.

Now that that's out of the way... Gentlemen, I must *GASP*... Request a team.
    Preferably something involving Tyranitar. Reason I'm asking is because I haven't a clue what's a common threat, but I get the feeling my old team might still at least SLIGHTLY work. Now here's some key stuff I was thinking of carrying:

- Tyranitar (Dragon Dance variety, VERY custom moveset)
    - Dusknoir (For absorption of enemy Fighting / Bug attacks)
    - A nice Bulky Water (need suggestions here folks, something that can absorb Water Attacks, currently considering Vaporeon)
    - Zapdos (Ground / Partial Grass resist, preferably for Sleep Talk Sp. Sweeping)
    - Heracross (Primary Physical Attacker + Burn / Poison Absorber)
    - *insert generic Sp. Wall here*

Okay, now regarding the team, here's a portion of it. First, the Platinum optimized Tyranitar:

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Crunch
    - Superpower
    - Ice Punch
    With those Speed EVs, it gives it enough speed to outrun said Infernape and possibly land an OHKO Superpower shot. The whole basis of Superpower is to smash through an enemy Tyranitar with no problem, as well as instant KO anything that's weak to Fighting, which I believe is still a common weakness. Ice Punch to peck off anything with the chronic Ice weak (Gliscor users, beware), and Crunch for the usual STAB. I do want to cover against Gyarados, but I'm trying to figure a way to go about doing that without losing any other type or potential threat coverage.

And I'm sure we all know how Heracross operates, right

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Guts
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Megahorn
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Pursuit / Sleep Talk
    He'll be the lead to scarecrow the rumor-to-be common lead named Azelf. I personally see no need for Pursuit, since a well-aimed Megahorn is bound to smack the bricks out of something not named Heatran, which I can always attempt to predict and unleash Close Combat against.

Dusknoir, with very poor HP, I was iffy re-adding him to my lineup. But I can't think of anything better.

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 228 HP / 212 Def / 68 SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Pain Split
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Ice Punch / Thunderpunch
    Heck if I remember how to use this thing. Asides from bodyguarding Tyranitar, I don't see the point in having it since I lack Stealth Rock and Spikes abuse.

Now what was I saying about Zapdos again

Zapdos @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SAtk
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power (Grass)
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    Ye Olde Sleep Talk Zapdos. I don't have any better ideas.

More than likely, this stuff won't work very effectively, so I'm hoping someone experienced (preferably named Dark Azelf, Anti, or Loquacity, but anyone will do) would like to assist me.

Also, one last minor note, this team shall be used on Wi-Fi because I'm never prone to getting on Shoddy or NB Supremacy on a consistent basis, and I want to senselessly beat local friends in pokeymans and make them look like babies once again. (j/k about that last part teehee)

Thank you all in advance, and I appreciate anyone who actually took the time to read this ginormous post. :)

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    So I built a UU/NU team to be generally annoying but I know it's got a major weakness to fighting and probably some other pokemon as well. Someone check this team over for me please?
    @ DA, this is the team that I used against that guy who sent the random Mewtwo at me. D:

Nidoking - Modest (Poison Point)
    Focus Sash
    80 HP/252 SpA/176 Speed
    Earth Power/Ice Beam/Toxic Spikes/Stealth Rock

Donphan - Adamant (Sturdy)
    Leftovers
    52 HP/252 Atk/204 Speed
    Assurance/Earthquake/Ice Shard/Rapid Spin

Lopunny - Jolly (Klutz)
    Choice Scarf
    252 HP/4 SpD/252 Speed
    Charm/Return/Switcheroo/Toxic

Chansey - Calm (Natural Cure)
    252 Def/252 SpD/4 Spd
    Leftovers
    Seismic Toss/Softboiled/Substitute/Toxic

Ninetails - Timid (Flash Fire)
    252 SpA/252 Speed/4 SpD
    Wide Lens
    Energy Ball/Fire Blast/Hypnosis/Will-O-Wisp

Umbreon - Careful (Synchronize)
    252 HP/92 SpD/162 Speed
    Leftovers
    Baton Pass/Mean Look/Moonlight/Protect

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Nope. Only thing you can do is constantly reset for a good IV set upon first getting one. Otherwise, you'd have to start Pokemon XD all over again, then get to that point. Tedious, yes, but WILL be worth it in the long run.

Now that that's out of the way... Gentlemen, I must *GASP*... Request a team.
    Preferably something involving Tyranitar. Reason I'm asking is because I haven't a clue what's a common threat, but I get the feeling my old team might still at least SLIGHTLY work. Now here's some key stuff I was thinking of carrying:

- Tyranitar (Dragon Dance variety, VERY custom moveset)
    - Dusknoir (For absorption of enemy Fighting / Bug attacks)
    - A nice Bulky Water (need suggestions here folks, something that can absorb Water Attacks, currently considering Vaporeon)
    - Zapdos (Ground / Partial Grass resist, preferably for Sleep Talk Sp. Sweeping)
    - Heracross (Primary Physical Attacker + Burn / Poison Absorber)
    - *insert generic Sp. Wall here*

Okay, now regarding the team, here's a portion of it. First, the Platinum optimized Tyranitar:

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Crunch
    - Superpower
    - Ice Punch
    With those Speed EVs, it gives it enough speed to outrun said Infernape and possibly land an OHKO Superpower shot. The whole basis of Superpower is to smash through an enemy Tyranitar with no problem, as well as instant KO anything that's weak to Fighting, which I believe is still a common weakness. Ice Punch to peck off anything with the chronic Ice weak (Gliscor users, beware), and Crunch for the usual STAB. I do want to cover against Gyarados, but I'm trying to figure a way to go about doing that without losing any other type or potential threat coverage.

And I'm sure we all know how Heracross operates, right

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Guts
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Megahorn
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Pursuit / Sleep Talk
    He'll be the lead to scarecrow the rumor-to-be common lead named Azelf. I personally see no need for Pursuit, since a well-aimed Megahorn is bound to smack the bricks out of something not named Heatran, which I can always attempt to predict and unleash Close Combat against.

Dusknoir, with very poor HP, I was iffy re-adding him to my lineup. But I can't think of anything better.

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
    EVs: 228 HP / 212 Def / 68 SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Pain Split
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Ice Punch / Thunderpunch
    Heck if I remember how to use this thing. Asides from bodyguarding Tyranitar, I don't see the point in having it since I lack Stealth Rock and Spikes abuse.

Now what was I saying about Zapdos again

Zapdos @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SAtk
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power (Grass)
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    Ye Olde Sleep Talk Zapdos. I don't have any better ideas.

More than likely, this stuff won't work very effectively, so I'm hoping someone experienced (preferably named Dark Azelf, Anti, or Loquacity, but anyone will do) would like to assist me.

Also, one last minor note, this team shall be used on Wi-Fi because I'm never prone to getting on Shoddy or NB Supremacy on a consistent basis, and I want to senselessly beat local friends in pokeymans and make them look like babies once again. (j/k about that last part teehee)

Thank you all in advance, and I appreciate anyone who actually took the time to read this ginormous post. :)

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=168147

^Threat list for you.

Anyways Tyranitar wants max speed/max @ Jolly. Stone Edge/Crunch/DD/Fire Punch or Aqua Tail.

Anyways imma suggest you try the new play style called "psuedo stall" this is one of, if not THE most effective play styles in the current metagame. Its basically you play heavy stall and then have one sweeper with their counters worn down and/or one scarfer to keep things in check, very effective.

Ill help you adapt it to suit this play style.

Firstly Zapdos wants WAY more def to handle the likes of Crunch LO SD Luke better and also SD Scizor. Actually because Infernape eats you use the cool new Gyarados set.

Gyarados@Leftovers
    248 HP / 84 DEF / 176 S.DEF
    Careful Nature
    - Roar
    - Waterfall
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

Pain in the ass to get rid off and covers the fighters the Rotoms cant (aka Crunch Luke and said Ape)

Speaking f which, Rotom-A's outclass Duskoir and cover the same things and have better resistances.

Rotom@Leftovers
    252 HP / 176 SEF / 80 S.DEF
    Bold Nature
    - Pain Split (HG/SS move or just AR for it or trade, either way lol)
    - Reflect (To avoid Pursuit with T-Spikes)
    - Thunderbolt / Discharge
    - Shadow Ball

OR

Rotom@Leftovers
    252 HP / 176 SEF / 80 S.DEF
    Bold Nature
    - Reflect
    - Thunderbolt / Discharge
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

You NEED a steel type and SR. Mence and Latias eat you otherwise. SR is obligatory and not using it is a huge disadvantage and gives Mence, Gyarados free switch ins. That is never good.

Id abuse spikes though, you have a tankish team so they would go along way.

Forretress@Leftovers / Shed Shell
    252 HP / 252 S.DEF / 6 def
    Relaxed Nature
    - Spikes
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Rapid Spin
    - Payback

Meet the new cute forry set. Payback nails the Rotoms (biggest threats in spin blocking) for a 3HKO and 2hko's offensive versions whilst they do not really much to you. The s.def ev's let you come in easier and increase your S.def capabilities by 42% to the point where you can shrug off even weak Hidden Power Fires and Swampert Surfs etc and only lose 19% physical durability. Payback also lets you beat Sub Mind/Refresh Latias easily 1 vs 1 and also sub + charge beam rotoms.

Next, I suggest you use Swampert >> DD Tar, serving as back up mence insurance (such idiots) and covering a rock resist (aka Tyranitar so you dont have to sacrifice something each time it comes in).

Swampert@Leftovers
    252 HP / 252 DEF / 6 SPeed
    Relaxed Nature
    - Ice Beam
    - Earthquake
    - Protect / Roar
    - Stealth Rock

Pretty standard, Ice Beam covers mence and EQ for stab and awesome coverage. Protect beats Outrage ones decently letting you stall them, it also racks up Toxic damage and scouts for random explosions which is amazing when leading (Metagross, Azelf etc) so i suggest you lead with this. Protect also racks up lefties recovery or use Roar. If you use Roar lead with forry.

I advise Wish support and something to take special hits well, blissey still works well.

Blissey@Leftovers
    148 HP / 252 DEF / 108 S.DEF
    Bold Nature
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Flamethrower
    - Toxic

Your team covers the things S-Toss doesnt hit well so yeah so you want Flamethrower to hit Gengar. Toxic + Flamethrower his everything bar heatran and tenta who your other guys cover.

Lastly i advise Scarf Jirachi >> Hera with Trick to stop junk with rest + stat up move beating you if they are the last pokemon and to also keep threats in check and serve as insurance.

Jirachi@ Choice Scarf
    252 ATT / 252 SPEED / 6 HP
    Adamant / Jolly Nature
    - Trick
    - Iron Head
    - Ice Punch
    - ThunderPunch

Iron Head has a 60% flinch rate with serene grace and it also keeps mence and Gyarados in check well.

So to sum it up.

Swampert
    Forry
    Gyarados
    Scarf Jirachi
    Rotom
    Blissey

Basically i build you an entire team but made it looks as though i didnt change much, but you dont know that. ;D

Can i use this btw ? I build too good lol XD

Also get on shoddy server gogogoggogo. Its really fun when everyone is on. D: lol

Last edited:

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Noob, noone uses Rock Slide. It's weak, and it doesn't afraid of anything.

Tomorrow. Eager to lose, huh? I'll make the team today, but...I'mma tired.

Well, not tomorrow, but when I wake up. Since you run on tea and friggin crumpet time, it'll be the same day for you.

What the hell?

Jukain-Arashi

PM me for Lockerz invitation.
    Years
    I've got a breeding question.
    I have a Slowking with good IVs in HP, Def, and SpD. I want to pass these IVs down to a Slowpoke since Slowking doesn't have the attack Slack-Off. Can I attach Everstone to Slowking and have these IVs passed down?

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I've got a breeding question.
    I have a Slowking with good IVs in HP, Def, and SpD. I want to pass these IVs down to a Slowpoke since Slowking doesn't have the attack Slack-Off. Can I attach Everstone to Slowking and have these IVs passed down?

Everstones have nothing to do with IVs, they only affect the nature of the bred pokemon.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    So how would I go about passing down these IVs?

You need to breed with another pokemon in the same egg group, and there's a chance that the parents IVs will be passed down to the baby. Each parent passes down three of its IVs, which are randomly chosen by the game. Then you just need to hatch a ton of eggs until you get the IVs you want.

Back