• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Honey tree script

Years
  • First, i have to say that i haven't test with near May 7th version of starter kit and when turn off the game, honey disappear too o_0 Still working on it.

- Step 1: Add a new item call HONEY to PBS/items.txt
    Spoiler:

- Step 2: Add the script to Script Database

- Step 3: Add new event like those pictures
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2017
    Help-14's Honey Tree Scripting

Ok, so I found the post on the forums, but the images in h14's post are removed. CAn't seem to find any guidance on setting up honey trees elsewhere. Anybody able to share the script and set up of a honey tree event?

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    Ok, so I found the post on the forums, but the images in h14's post are removed. CAn't seem to find any guidance on setting up honey trees elsewhere. Anybody able to share the script and set up of a honey tree event?

Hello, Lexxilion! I can assist you with this as I happen to have this script archived on my computer.
    I'm going to assume you have this script already loaded into Essentials above "Main".

Spoiler:

Create an event named "HONEYTREE". The ID of the event is important to note! If an error occurs, please make sure that (in any place where they are prompted) they match the event's ID. Now, with this event paired with your tree graphic, follow the steps using my attached screenshots:

PAGE 1:
    As you can see, 77 is the ID and anywhere where this number repeats is where you should place your event's ID number. Should also make sure it checks with $PokemonBag.pbQuantity(PBItems::HONEY)>0 first and then takes away 1 Honey away from the player when true upon slathering it to the tree...

You should also probably make the $HONEY_TIME wait longer than just 5...

PAGE 2:
    Now here's the list of Pokemon that appear! The "10" in this case is just the level of the specific species listed in the array. Go nuts. You can make this different for any tree... The 77, again, is the ID of the event shown.

Hope that helps! Works just fine for me.

Kaon

Cheese Whiz
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2016
    Quick thing. Sorry if this is a "necropost." I get this error when I try to load my game, after saving (before checking the honey tree if there were Pokémon present).

Exception: NoMethodError
    Honey Tree:54:in `add_honey_time'
    Honey Tree:51:in `each'
    Honey Tree:51:in `add_honey_time'
    Honey Tree:45:in `update'
    Scene_Map:105:in `update'
    Scene_Map:101:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:114:in `update'
    Scene_Map:68:in `main'
    Scene_Map:65:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:72:in `main'

Anyone else get this error?

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    im assuming its due to big changes to essentials since this script was released but i couldnt say for sure

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2023
    Hi, I do not know if this post is still alive or something similar, but at the moment of execce the event of the second window gives me this error.

Spoiler:

I do not know if it affected that it is using version 16.1 but I would like to be able to use this script

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    Hi, I do not know if this post is still alive or something similar, but at the moment of execce the event of the second window gives me this error.

Spoiler:

I do not know if it affected that it is using version 16.1 but I would like to be able to use this script

You stated it yourself.
    I do not know if this post is still alive or something similar.
    Have you looked at the date? 7 years old. Since you were doubting it yourself, why did you still post? This thing is most likely outdated as there was no version 16.1 in 2010.

Back