• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    It's expensive though...10 bucks for a bowl. But it's seriously one of the best meals I've ever had so it's so worth it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    My friend showed me this place where they sold legit ramen - yeah, it's expensive but sooo worth it. We also had deep-fried octopus, and that was just pure heaven. It sounds gross but it really, really isn't.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    The place we go is like a huge Japanese supermarket/mall so we go get ramen, then we go to a bakery, then the grocery section for Ramune, then the bookstore for the Japanese magazines. That's why I have a Japanese B/W bag, it came with a magazine and Tom gave it to me~

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    ^ omg you're so lucky i want that mall.

We have a huge Asian market with a kitchen / diner area, but that's about it for here. Not anything that's strictly Japanese, or has multiple shops. As far as legit ramen goes, I've never had it. When I go to Japanese restaurant I go for something else besides ramen. xD; Maybe I shouldn't.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Drew, your next mission is to eat ramen. D:<

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I like katsu curry a lot, and some variants of sushi... but that's kind of it. It's not that there's lack of choice of Japanese food around, it's just that most of it is sold in Chinatown (there's no separate Japantown, really, it just shares its shops with those in Chinatown) and that's a bit of a trek to get to.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Sushi, when properly prepared, is amazing.

When not properly prepared, it's probably vomit-inducing.
    That's what I'm basing my urge to eat sushi on.
    We have a huge Asian market with a kitchen / diner area, but that's about it for here. Not anything that's strictly Japanese, or has multiple shops. As far as legit ramen goes, I've never had it. When I go to Japanese restaurant I go for something else besides ramen. xD; Maybe I shouldn't.
    Lucky! I'd love to have such a restaurant here... actually, I WANT JAPANESE TRANSFER STUDENTS. Is that too much to ask? T^T

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I should have a celebration of sorts when I graduate. In somewhere interesting... I wonder what I'll get that day?

Years
  • You guys and making want to go back to Japantown and I was just there this weekend. :O I wanna get back to this ramen restaurant there and try their udon and soba to see if it's just as good.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Instant noodles. That's as close as I can get.

This makes me wanna go back to the Japanese Steakhouse we went to for my Birthday. GOD.
    Whew, I spent my birthday in a celebrating manner after 5 years. We went to a club, and had our fun. The best part is that my old friends came from my hometown to spend the day together, though. I had to make an assignment at that day but I shoved it on a shelf.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Asian topic. Asian person. I thought I should post here now.

I eat ramen whenever I get a chance, not recently tho, I kind of stopped after summer ended :x

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Now that we've had real ramen my bf refuses to eat instant ramen anymore because picky picky. I, however, have no such quirks. Food is food is yummy yummy food.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back